Gardening In Recovery

Very nice!!!

3 Likes

I agree with @erntedank because some varieties do stay green on the inside even when ripe. Or have green stripes.

2 Likes

Really depends on the variety, especially heirlooms.

2 Likes

Lovely! Looks like there is variety even within this type of tomato and they thrive with a lot of sun, like a lot of tomatoes. Later in the season for ripening. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

cut the sweet peas and wild flowers

18 Likes

cleaned up and painted this old cast iron garden table base will make a new table top for it

18 Likes

Got a cooler full of cucumbers to pickle tomorrow, basket full of peas…then these mammoths…size 12 boot for scale

18 Likes

Cannot wait for the spaghetti squash…will have plenty to give away too when they turn

17 Likes

The real work was trimming tomato plants, blight started…so trimming i went. Not overly worried, caught it in time and cleared all the branches and leaves surrounding it. Even a tomato plant needs a haircut…when you 300 plants…it takes a while

17 Likes

picking some lettuce

15 Likes

Yes it sure does lol :laughing:

Nice … …:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Still working on it…now its more “hair cuts” and preventing spread. We spread all of them out, so worst case…we wouldnt lose everything.

3 Likes

Yes mine aren’t doing as well as they usually do but I hope yours does well. If I can get a sandwich with one I’ll be happy lol :sandwich:

3 Likes

@Merryshoes, cute little guy, but a tomato hornworm? :tomato: Hope you found him a new home.

Beautiful bounty of veg and flowers @Ray_M_C_Laren.

@erntedank, those trees are considered invasive here unfortunately…as we have a beautiful one we need to dispose of…along with some other non native species.

@Thirdmonkey, definitely no rest for you!! Looks like a good harvest so far!

6 Likes

Lots of work, but worth it

6 Likes

14 Likes

Well, when I got back to the plant he’d crawled away and I didn’t see him again. He was the same colour as everything else! And by now the plants are finished producing and are drying up so I’ve got to cut them down. They have outgrown the window planters.

So once I get them out, I hope treating the soil a bit will help prevent caterpillars or other pests from overwintering.

4 Likes

Sounds like it all went well and hopefully you had some yummy tomatoes!!

2 Likes