Gardening In Recovery

Wow, now that’s a set up!

3 Likes

That scene is the greatest sight I have ever seen. Fantastic layout. Wonderful meditation/prayer sanctuary.

3 Likes

Wow.!! Beautiful!

3 Likes

Today, I spent quality time with my wife outside. We went to the store together and picked out the baskets. I actually helped out and enjoyed the time together.

14 Likes

Yes!!! My first Columbine of the season.

12 Likes

We call these Grandma’s bonnet. One of my very most favourite plants :shamrock:

All reign the Aquilegia :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve heard them called that before. It’s our official state flower. I’m trying to grow many colors but the traditional blue is perfect. :grin:I love seeing them up in the wild. Because it’s our state flower you can get in big trouble for picking the wild ones.

3 Likes

I may have let the yard get away from me, but today I’m taking back control of it!

Before:

After:

11 Likes

Not sure if this is gardening or plants thread. But since it’s outside I’m sticking it here.

They put Stella in a box :scream: with a bunch of shit on top of her
@JazzyS

She didn’t fare to well. Otherwise my movers were :100: the best of the best!! Maybe they thought she was fake. Like the old Stella none of us knew :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@Its_me_Stella

Oh the carnage :cry:
Whelp I tried Stella. Now I got new Twinnie Stella’s :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and momma :blush:

Let’s see what happens.

And while I was at it I cut some firestick and I’m trying to grow these from cuttings too.

They are generally pretty easy. They’ll need a lot more sun though.

But for now y’all can live here.

I love my new catio courtyard. It’s got a built in gardening planting area. That’s what I’m using it for.

And I got hydrangeas for the first time. I’ve never had hydrangeas before. Reminds me of some of the Cape Cod houses in New England. @SassyRocks I wonder what color they will bloom.

14 Likes

Your catio is beautiful :heart: And I hope you get many many baby Stellas! you can spray them all with field horsetail supplement and EM every three days. Always helps my plants when they suffer from trauma like hailstorm.

3 Likes

Oh no-- that is so sad. I do hope that she is able to heal and what quick thinking on trying to plant the twinnies :heart:

Love the catio my friend – you are going to be in gardening heaven. OOOH and hydrangeas :heart: I just planted one in front and am very curious on the color – the blue’s never come out blue but i’m hoping :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

to stay blue they need sour soil, ph value about 5,5 is perfect. there’s special fertilizer to keep them blue. mine where both, pink & blue, because I always forgot to put out the fertilizer early enough :grin:

4 Likes

I knew it had to do with soil but didn’t know what… appreciate the tip and I’m looking forward to trying it out and hopefully getting some blue flowers…ooh even if I get some blue and pink …that may be cooler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…thanks girl

3 Likes

if you like blue blooming plants … I know a lot of them, I love the colour too and even had a blue corner once in my garden :grin:

3 Likes

Now that would have been cool…I do love em and will be picking your brain when I get ready to plant more :blush:

2 Likes

Oh dear, sorry about your cactus. They are pretty hardy tho, so I bet with some time your little family will grow.

Gorgeous planting area!!! Maybe it will be a blue hydrangea! My daughter is renting an old cottage in the woods nearby and has blue hydrangea and gardenia blooming now. She had the best stand of azaleas I have seen in a long time. An old cottage garden, almost taken back in the forest. Pretty cool.

You can feed the hydrangea to push its color one way or the other. The ones out in Ptown were always so gorgeous.

Can you grow gardenia there? Jasmine? Kind of invasive I guess…

3 Likes

I’ve lived in my lil flat for 13 years and for 13 years I’ve planted something ridiculous in my window boxes…this year its sunflowers :sunflower: :flushed: I can’t open the window AGAIN!!! i do this every single year when will I learn :grin:

14 Likes

I do love your sunflowers :sunflower: and your ridiculous planting adventures :rofl:
Should you be into open windows at some point in your life, you might consider some kind of hanging plant :wink:

4 Likes

I think I will be fine!!!
Your little catio looks great. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I got into the mud today with cleaning up the garden and planting…
2 x Marigolds
2 x Tuberous Begonias
2 x New Guinea Impatiens
2 x Petunias
6 x Tulips
12 x Violas

Before:

After:

14 Likes