Gardening In Recovery

Post pics of new garden please!!!

3 Likes

How bout a nice red rose for you.
It’s such a deep red.

Still moving out of Scottsdale. Last day today. We are keeping our eyes open for my little monster friend :scream:

9 Likes

Beautiful!! The deer would love them!!

He was quite something!!! Good luck with the move!!!

3 Likes

Good thing you’re moving or I’d help you burn the place down. That monster was scary looking! Be on high alert in your final moments there.

4 Likes

Trust me, this is only the beginning! I just needed to get these in the ground. I can’t wait to fill things in and get some wild going on. Too bad about the deer. We have them around and I’m holding my breath because they love hostas…I hope they stick to the areas behind my house! I’ll have to ask my next door neighbors, who had a lovely large garden and border the woods, whether they have had issues with deer.

I will definitely be putting in a butterfly bush or two somewhere. I have always loved lilacs, Rose of Sharon, forsythia, and other flowering bushes, too. I need a trip to a big nursery and a wander around. I also need to take a wander around our very lovely arboretum and botanical gardens for inspiration.

3 Likes

My husband brought this home today as a gift for our 17th wedding anniversary, he saw me admiring them recently. Good man! I do love Gerbera daisies and this variety is new to me. I may go pick up a couple more colors and plant them together somewhere.

11 Likes

Lots of lilacs!!! They are so marvelous!! Deer do love hosta, tho they never bothered ours in VT. I can’t wait to see what you do!!

3 Likes

There are so many lilacs in my neighborhood flowering right now that my morning walk with Lupe always smells sweet. That does make me want my own. We used to live in a house where the neighbors’ lilac bush would be so fragrant that I could smell it from our bedroom windows, and that corner is right by our bedroom…I think that might just clinch it for me!

3 Likes

They are amazing. I had a beautiful old stand of them around my 1st house…it was an old converted schoolhouse. It was magical. I would find people clipping them every now and again. Of all the scents I miss, lilac is probably the biggest. They are everywhere in New England.

3 Likes

Wildflower mix and some peppermint sprouting. Last year I planted veggies and spent way too much time watering them. This year I went with flowers and am sitting farther back just to watch. This feels like a metaphor for my second year of sobriety.

12 Likes

I transplanted my mint plant that sprang up from nothing (seemingly) and it’s out front now. Also planted the daisies. I like how they look next to the hummingbird feeder, which is the setting for a dramatic show every day now, hummingbirds are no joke, they are vicious! The chives are blooming and the lilies that came with the house are showing buds. I love this time of year.

13 Likes

Thinks starting to grow here in Scotland now warm weather here Back Garden plants and veg
IMG_7409
IMG_7410
IMG_7411
IMG_7412
IMG_7413
IMG_7414
IMG_7415
IMG_7416
IMG_7417
IMG_7418
IMG_7419
IMG_7420
IMG_7421
IMG_7422
IMG_7423
IMG_7424
IMG_7425
IMG_7427
IMG_7428
IMG_7429

11 Likes

Front garden coming on
IMG_7430
IMG_7431
IMG_7432
IMG_7433
IMG_7434
IMG_7435
IMG_7436
IMG_7438
IMG_7439
IMG_7440

12 Likes

Wow, now that’s a set up!

3 Likes

That scene is the greatest sight I have ever seen. Fantastic layout. Wonderful meditation/prayer sanctuary.

3 Likes

Wow.!! Beautiful!

3 Likes

Today, I spent quality time with my wife outside. We went to the store together and picked out the baskets. I actually helped out and enjoyed the time together.

14 Likes

Yes!!! My first Columbine of the season.

12 Likes

We call these Grandma’s bonnet. One of my very most favourite plants :shamrock:

All reign the Aquilegia :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve heard them called that before. It’s our official state flower. I’m trying to grow many colors but the traditional blue is perfect. :grin:I love seeing them up in the wild. Because it’s our state flower you can get in big trouble for picking the wild ones.

3 Likes