Gardening In Recovery

14 Likes

Oh how I miss those Columbines. Especially wild up in the mountains. Engineer Trail, one of my favorite spots to see them when you break through the tree line. You ever around there?

5 Likes

Picture This calls it a China Rose.
I got one small bush of this out front. So pretty.

15 Likes

Yes mountain Columbines are wonderful. You talking about down by Durango? I haven’t been in that area since the 90’s.

3 Likes

Ya I lived in Durango for about ten years. I love your pics. I try to recognize some of them but I don’t. I guess you’re further up somewhere.
My back yard was the beginning on the San Juan’s. We backed up to the James Ranch. It was so beautiful up there. Tad small though. But a lovely little town. I could see the DSNGRR every day going up to Silverton. Fun times those ten years.

I didn’t know Bears was a season :scream:

4 Likes

What did I miss? you had a monster in Scottsdale? :anguished:

3 Likes

Trying to save some geraniums from the previous owners.

Got 2 of these, bone dry. Hadn’t been watered all year in my opinion. I trimmed tons of dead stuff and hope they will come back. The pic after my handy work doesn’t make them look that bad.

Some of these were dead dry. And some of them were soaking wet from sitting in the irrigation without drainage.

Maybe I can save the cabbage palm on this one if I can’t save the geraniums too.

Got one hydrangeas blooming
@erntedank

11 Likes

The front garden is coming along beautifully. I can’t wait until all my flowers catch and start blooming!

Budding Rose :rose:

Marigold flower will soon have a friend

Tuberous Begonias is in bloom

Violas are so pretty :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Thomas a Edison Dahlia looking great!

14 Likes

Yes, now I do remember that you lived here before and even posted a picture or two if I remember right.
I was on that train when I was in that area last time. It’s badass. I was still a child, maybe 10 or 11.
You are funny. There is bear season and big cat season and all kind of wild animal season. It has begun and Apollo and I have already been too close to big cats. Its fuckin spooky and all of your senses are on high alert. No bears yet. Bears usually leave us alone. I stood my ground with a young bull moose once with only a hunting knife for protection. That shit was a trip. The big cats though, they kinda scare the shit out of us and when you are on their turf you better be ready for a fight. Thank God it hasn’t come to that yet.
I’m going to miss seeing your owl friends in the cactus.

10 Likes

Well, I’m happy to report all of our transplant projects have been successful. They will probably take a season to get fully established as we waited a bit long to do it but the hydrangeas look pretty happy with flower buds. Peonies won’t flower this year, hopefully next year. I still need to remove more sod and add mulch. Maybe a rock border. No hurry!

16 Likes

Here:s my neighbours garden he asked me to turf it for him and i manged to cut mine now the rain has stopped

10 Likes

now suns out can use our sitting areas

13 Likes

sun and rain do star

t everything growing

potatoes tomatoes and sweetcorn and onions

17 Likes

You are truly a master at growing lots of garden in small areas. I practice this too and strive to be as good but I’m nowhere near your level of talent. I take little tips here and there. Thank you for sharing Ray.

4 Likes

I agree with @Curtis-81! Your use of space is impressive, and your plants all look so lush!
I hope you have many sunny days and moments in your lovely sitting areas. :orange_heart:

Off to plant some more… no pics yet. in these northern climes, there was a frost warning a few nights ago yet. :wind_face::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Love the sitting area!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words over 40 years with my Landscaping company and my training in Horticulture , my last house had a 1/4 acre land so plenty of room , but this garden small but it suits this old guy one of my Tutors at Uni is now a presenter with the Beechgrove garden program on the BBC , ive applied to show mine on the program and Gardeners world with Monta Don fingers crossed

9 Likes

Beechgrove is the best show about gardens!

2 Likes

10 Likes