Gardening In Recovery

id these big guys as Chicory in with my meadow plants

4 Likes

Ms. Monkey and I applied for a grant from USDA last year for a green house. Our Garden was big enough to be concerned a small farm. Her being a woman, and me being a veteran…there are opportunities for grants.

We just found out that our application was accepted and we will be getting a greenhouse! Fingers crossed, next year wevwill be back in gardening buisness…maybe even a full time job for me!

13 Likes

How great for you!

1 Like

That’s brilliant news!!
:+1: you produced alot of home grown food, I remember, can’t wait to see :smiling_face:

1 Like

We figured we canned about 2 years worth of food, and donated a lot. I am hoping the greenhouse will help earn some income!

3 Likes

I was just literally thinking :thinking: how big is this green house going to be.
The way you and Ms. Monkey grow, prepare and store the food into sauces and all that kind of stuff I think your on to something great here :+1:

2 Likes

Not 100% sure yet, as there are options. In theory it could be up 6,000 square ft. However, i would have to build it. I could go smaller and have someone else build it. I should find out more in the following days.

4 Likes

Oh wow – this is awesome news! Congrats to you and Ms Monkey! Super exciting!

1 Like

Livingstone Daisy from seed coming on and my sun flowers about to bud Y

ellow and Red

9 Likes

front garden loving the sun

10 Likes

The hydrangeas are so beautiful and flourishing.

3 Likes

They caught my eye too - so damn beautiful @Ray_M_C_Laren

3 Likes

still getting cut flowers

12 Likes

Half done knocking down the weeds. It was such a pretty garden last year.

13 Likes

Walking back to the garden, I was taking a look at what dead wood I had to burn on it…and this 20 footer decided to fall behind me. Guess i got more to burn

10 Likes

cut flowers

10 Likes

King Edwards lifted

9 Likes

These pictures bring a smile to my morning. Thank you.

2 Likes

Decided to put up a greenhouse so taking 6 ft of big deck and ex

tending small one put Ratten sofa on its a sun trap there

9 Likes

Sun flowers looking ok and my Asters budding

10 Likes