Goat's Magical Mystery Music Tour

27 years ago… Suicide, addiction, and mental illness were worlds away. Rockstars and movie star problems. Not Goats. Little did I know how the Lila would play out then…

4 Likes

Awareness and love, loving awareness, is the soul. This practice of repeating the phrase “I am loving awareness” turns you inward toward the soul. If you dive deep enough into your soul, you will come to God. In Greek it’s called ‘agape’, God love. Martin Luther King, Jr. said about this agape, this higher love:

“It’s an overflowing love which is purely spontaneous, unmotivated, groundless and creative. the love of God operating in the human heart.”

When you can accept that kind of love, you can give that love.

You can give love to all you perceive, all the time. I am loving awareness. You can be aware of your eyes seeing, your ears hearing, your skin feeling, and your mind producing thoughts, thought after thought after thought.

Thoughts are terribly seductive, but you don’t have to identify with them. You identify not with the thoughts, but with the awareness of the thoughts. To bring loving awareness to everything you turn your awareness to, is to be love.

This moment is love. I am infinite. I am loving awareness.

-Ram Dass

2 Likes

I’ve been hooked on this for like a month.

My only familiarity with The Wiggles is knowing that they are a children’s band from Australia, and were/are wildly successful in that regard. Being an act meant for children, I guess it’s easy to forget that they’re actual musicians. I have an entirely new appreciation for them – like if they went on and did a “tour for adults” where they covered rock songs like this, I would 100% go. Plus they all just seem so nice.

They also interject one of their own songs into this cover a few times, and it actually works REALLY well.

Not sure how true to the original it is, as my knowledge of Tame Impala extends only to being aware of their existence, and what their album covers look like. Song is catchy though.

2 Likes

If there is real relationship between two people, which means there is communion between them, then the implications are enormous. Then there is no isolation; there is love and not responsibility or duty. It is the people who are isolated behind their walls who talk about duty and responsibility. A man who loves does not talk about responsibility, he loves. Therefore he shares with another his joy, his sorrow, his money.

Are your families such? Is there direct communion with your wife, you children? Obviously not. Therefore the family is merely an excuse to continue your name or tradition, to give you what you want, sexually or psychologically, so the family becomes a means of self-perpetuation, of carrying on your name. That is one kind of immortality, one kind of permanency. The family is also used as a means of gratification. I exploit others ruthlessly in the outside, and at home I try to be kind and generous. How absurd! Or the world is too much for me, I want peace and I go home. I suffer in the world and I go home and try to find comfort. So I use relationship as a means of gratification, which means I do not want to be disturbed by my relationship.

Thus relationship is sought where there is mutual satisfaction, gratification; when you do not find that satisfaction you change relationship; either divorce or else you move from one relationship to another until you find what you seek – which is satisfaction, gratification, a sense of self-protection and comfort. After all, that is our relationship in the world, and it is thus in fact. Relationship is sought where there can be security, where you as an individual can live in a state of security, in a state of gratification, in a state of ignorance – all of which creates conflict, does it not? If you do not satisfy me and I am seeking satisfaction, naturally there must be conflict, because we are both seeking security in each other; when that security becomes uncertain you become jealous, you become violent, you become possessive and so on. So relationship invariably results in possession, in condemnation, in self-assertive demands for security, for comfort and for gratification, and in that there is naturally no love.

Therefore, relationship has very little significance when we are merely seeking mutual gratification but becomes extraordinarily significant when it is a means of self-revelation and self-knowledge. After all, there is no relationship in love, is there? It is only when you love something and expect a return of your love that there is a relationship. When you love, that is when you give yourself over to something entirely, wholly, then there is no relationship.

If you do love, if there is such a love, then it is a marvelous thing. In such love there is no friction, there is not the one and the other, there is complete unity. It is a state of integration, of complete being. There are such moments, such rare, happy, joyous moments, when there is complete love, complete communion. What generally happens is that love is not what is important but the other, the object of love becomes important; the one to whom love is given becomes important and not the love itself.

Relationship is self-revelation; it is because we do not want to be revealed to ourselves that we hide in comfort, and then relationship loses it extraordinary depth, significance and beauty. There can be true relationship only when there is love, but love is not the search for gratification. Love exists only when there is self-forgetfulness, where there is complete communion, not between one or two, but communion with the highest; and that can only take place when the self is forgotten.

J. Krishnamurti

4 Likes

I went to school with Greg the original yellow Wiggle. He is one of the nicest guys I’ve met. He was a roadie for the Cockroaches back in the late 80s and 90s.

2 Likes

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

4 Likes

When you can’t find the light
That guides you through a cloudy day
When the stars ain’t shining bright
You feel like you’ve lost you’re way
When the candle light of home
Burns so very far away
Well, you got to let your soul shine
Just like my daddy used to say

4 Likes

Loving this band. So many good songs, and they sound way better in live recordings than in the studio…

Miss you @DowntroddenGoat. Hope you are well. :heart:

4 Likes

Don’t give up
'cause you have friends
Don’t give up
You’re not the only one
Don’t give up
No reason to be ashamed
Don’t give up
You still have us
Don’t give up now
We’re proud of who you are
Don’t give up
You know it’s never been easy
Don’t give up
'cause I believe there’s a place
There’s a place where we belong

5 Likes
1 Like

Just watched AIC unplugged, 1996. You could feel the love the band had for their brother. :broken_heart::heart:

This is a great song. I have that DVD and it amazing. I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it!

If anyone can sugest a music thread that is currently more active that would be great. Goat has some great stuff here dont get me wrong and the stories he shares/shared are amazing. Hope he comes back or maybe he hasnt gone anywhere I don’t know.

Here is one of my current favorite songs to pick up my mood or just cause I like it. Nuff said :v:

2 Likes

Ahh Devo! They remind me of my dad. I live in Akron where they’re from! There’s pictures around the city of them

1 Like

These were all around the city for a while. It was a promotional thing.

2 Likes

I’m an Akron kid, too! Course, I left as so many did in the 70’s and 80’s when the tire industry fell apart. My grandfather was 30 years at BF Goodrich, my dad was 35 years at Firestone.

1 Like

Nice! They’re trying to clean up the city. Downtown looks much better than it did 9 years ago when i moved here.

I was last there about 4 years ago. It does look great, compared to 1977.

1 Like