Gratitude List. 5 things daily

Today’s gratitude is for

1. My lovely kids.
  2. Technology that means the kids will still be able to keep up with schoolwork during the upcoming strike inschools.
  3. Rooibos tea in my stainless steel tea pot.
  4. My parents for being supportive even when I’ve been unkind to them.
  5. My psychiatric nurse for scheduling an appointment at short notice this morning.
7 Likes
  • Fresh water
  • Vegetables
  • To have a job
  • Kindle
  • jogging bottoms
10 Likes

Tuesday Morning:

Grateful to hear those little animal noises during the night: the cat munching on his kibble, scratching in his litterbox, etc.
Grateful to have a day off today.
Grateful to have a job that I like.
Grateful I can properly provide for my family.
Grateful for good health.

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful for

1. My appetite which has improved slightly but enough that I’ve managed three meals today.
  2. My kids for showing willing towards their schoolwork at home today.
  3. The autumn colours that are starting to show on the rowing trees outside.
  4. Clean good water for drinking.
  5. My mood lifting significantly today.
8 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• being able to manage stuff with a clear mind (electricity and internet connection for the new apartment, 2 helpers for the move, decluttering, ebay, cooking,…)
  • this loveley latesummer
  • my meals today, good food
  • distance from the man that wasn’t good at all to me and reflecting about what happened
  • feeling good on my own, that’s realy kind of new and I just love it

Ahw… And quitting my job!
Best decision ever… It’s nearly 8 weeks and I start to c clearer and feel healthier.

8 Likes

I am grateful the day is over.
I am grateful I realize some things.
I am grateful for the nice weather.
I am grateful for a loooong weekend and well a short week next week.
I am grateful I have enough.

9 Likes

Wednesday Morning:

Grateful I had a nice day off yesterday and spent time visiting with family.
Grateful I was able to catch up on some journaling.
Grateful for the beautiful sunrise right now.
Grateful for the daily necessities: food, clothing, shelter, etc.
Grateful just to be alive and still sober, too. :muscle:

6 Likes

Wednesday morning:

1. Grateful i got in that chest routine mixed with some pickle ball yesterday.
  2. Grateful i’m finally moving towards become a new version of myself.
  3. Grateful after 21 years to have a happy marriage with my best bud.
  4. Grateful i can appreciate the awesomeness of having a 4 year old and a 2 year old.
  5. Grateful to be alive and well.
  6. Grateful to be 55 days sober.
10 Likes

Today I am grateful for:
1 my sobriety
2. That it’s Wednesday
3. A yummy breakfast
4. a good night sleep
5. The support and abundance in my life.

9 Likes

My hard and comfy mattress

Cats

The ability to hurt because you care

Podcasts man, the best.

PJ Harvey

7 Likes

PJ Harvey!!!
Hammocks
Kimchi
Kalimbas
Moonbaths

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am for the upcoming long weekend.
I am grateful there is nothing on my plan at work today other than paperwork.
I am grateful I finally found a good adapter for my phone on my bike.
I am grateful people are nice in general.

6 Likes

2 days, 6 hours?!? LET’S GO!

You are welcome, wanted and needed here! Keep it up! :v:t2::heart::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I am Grateful for:

• My Clean Date (02/21/2023)

• My therapist. She challenges and uplifts me

• The recovery tools that I learned in treatment

• The opportunity to attend meetings

• The opportunity to “carry the message to the addict/alcoholic who still suffers.”

And I literally was, while typing this out. A guy sat down next to me asking for fetty and I told him, “I’m in recovery,” and he started asking me questions about how I did it and what he might be able to do. So, I shared my truth. And that felt really good. Because I didn’t come at him with any b.s. or acting like I was better; I came to him like a real person who cares because I am, he is and I DO care. And I owe ALL of that to other people who gave freely to me of the message and hope.

8 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• waking up sober
  • recovering from my job, the guy and alcohol, I truly feel recovery
  • warm blankets
  • coffee
  • nature
8 Likes

Hey girl, I’m off to see her tonight in Camden, London… Long live the Queen. I’ve seen her about ten times now, always the best.

4 Likes

PJ Harvey…wow, I haven’t heard about her in ages! Her first record “Dry” was awesome. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, the original rock badass gal. I’ve seen her perform dry and dress and 6ft Queenie and she’s still so goodddddd. She’s not very people pleasey though and super/hyper focused on the now, so you are lucky if she ever plays old (90s) tunes… it happens though :pray:

She’s the only person of any gender to win two Mercury prizes. Yeah, I’m a fangirl…

4 Likes
  1. My family.

2. Celebrating our daughter Èvas birthday yesterday. She would have been 4. Its not an easy day to navigate, I often feel a bit unrooted and unsure what to expect. My oldest is 7, Èva was her little sister and yesterday she cried really hard. I was able to be there. She saw the pictures of her sister in the hospital for the first time, and though 7 is maybe a bit old for some kids to know about cremation we knew she was too young at 3 and then just didnt talk about it. She was asking about the box in our cabinet, so I got to tell her. It was the day it was supposed to be.

3. Step 4 or a process in and around there & therapy - I am ready now, I believe to address my anger. Glad that there are ways to address my big feelings.

4. The sun that shines.

5. The new adventures in life…making water kefir, kombucha, fire cider, getting started on beading and thinking about book keeping and maybe even working in a daycare. Sonetimes it is scary not knowing what life will bring. Sometimes its exciting too.

6. Amends - I got frustrated when speaking with someone the other day. In my defense, the situation is INSANE and I find this person triggering. Not in my defense: it is not this persons fault what is happening. They are trying to do their job and also trying to help. Their job is VERY difficult. People do not have to be perfectly articulat in emotional language for you to respect them and keep your own emptions in check. I am navigating how to fight for my nephew, while not becoming overly aggressive - its a FINE FUCKING LINE. I have apologized for becoming frustrated before, and this recent frustration was being blindsided again. Regardless, I have reached out to apologize AND also asked my husband to step in to be the one to speak to this person at CPS. Not just for me, but for this person as well. I know I may not be able to keep my balance, I am up on the hill I will die on - but I do not want to cause anyone else harm while up here. Amends isnt just saying sorry, but taking action. I hope this route helps solve some of the tension…heres to making a change. Xo.

9 Likes

Oh Mira - yesterday was a emotional day for you. I’m grateful that you are here with us and sharing. Happy belated birthday to your dear Eva. I am sure she is with you always :heart:
:people_hugging:

3 Likes