Grrrrrrrr I'm mad at myself

I did good for almost 3 days… and then failed …im mad at myself Because I keep telling myself I’m going to do it…and I can’t even keep a promise to myself

5 Likes

Don’t stay mad at yourself… give yourself the recognition of the 3 days and move forward. I’m in the same boat, but I’m facing 3 years in prison if I screw up. Celebrate the clean time and move forward

1 Like

You fell down, it’s a learning experience. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Write down what you noticed: what was the sequence of thoughts that I followed when I decided to drink? You will see the pattern. You can use this as a chance to change a few things about your life & introduce new thinking and a different routine.

Do you have a recovery group you are a member of? For most people recovery groups are very important for their sobriety. There are many options (including many that have online options) - here are a few:
Online meeting resources

And more here:
Resources for our recovery

Keep an open mind, reach out, connect, listen humbly and, when you can, share your experience. Never, ever give up. (Also: Recovery is the most rewarding thing you will ever do. But it is not an easy path. As the old saying goes, it is simple, but not easy. You are being tested by life. You can choose to stay sober. But you have to want it - more than anything else. How much do you want it? I don’t mean to be discouraging saying this. But I mean you are going to have to do things you never thought you’d do. For myself I didn’t achieve lasting sobriety until I physically brought myself to a sex addiction recovery clinic. That took a lot of commitment because of the stigma. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. You should expect that recovery will stretch you more than ever before. Get comfortable in uncomfortable or unexpected places & thoughts - and I promise you’ll get there.)

4 Likes

Getting mad or sad won’t help (tho I did exactly the same whenever I slipped). Like Matt said, try to locate the trigger and take steps against that. As soon as u get any clean time, really rejoice in the pride, if u feel physically better enjoy that, if u get withdrawals imagine the toxins leaving ur body, and be happy ur body is getting cleaner, think about the money u r saving. I think the carrot is better than the stick.

4 Likes

heyyy

:slight_smile:

these are all good tips.
ive been sober 12 days and off ciggs for almost six days

every morning so far for 6 days i woke up hell bent on having a cigg.
what i tell myself is
‘‘lets see how i feel if i dont pick up a cigg’’ or i try to occupie myself with reading on talking sober.
ive noticed everytime i dont pick up that 1st cigg i am so proud
ive also done the opposite; i smoke a cigg and i am mad i smoked

live learn and adapt. dont be afraid of change. change is good for the right reason and also widens your dawn.

so next time a drink or drugg croses your mind, try and see how you feel if you dont pick up that 1st one

also i want to add if u pick up, your cravings will always be there. dont be afraid of change

what i say if peer pressure is a problem, is ‘‘not today, perhaps another time’’
it helps ease awkwardness

good luck
dont be afraid of change

1 Like

All successful people are experts on failure. What matters is that they stand back up, dust themselves off, and keep on trying. Most people have set backs. They happen. It doesn’t make you any less of a person to have them. Just go forward from here.

3 Likes

All of you are.God sent

1 Like

Hey, we all do. I can’t even count on how many times I’ve failed, but the best we can do is keep trying, start over and try to do better this time. No one is successful with everything all the time, and we learn new things every time we fail and comes back stronger. I think it’s okey to be mad at yourself for a short while but don’t let that last long enough to drag you down, try to use it as fuel to get you forward.

It happens. There’s 24 hours in each day. Which of the hours does the craving start? What can you do differently? I go to bed whenever I have spare time at home as I don’t associate bed with alcohol.

Despite the relapse, I’m proud of you, you want better and your fighting for it. good luck