Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)

I ended up with covid flying back from Boston, :face_with_head_bandage::face_exhaling:
I’m ok, it gets a little better each day. No energy whatsoever though.
I’m proud of you kicking the butts!

2 Likes

I kinda got tired of the butts kicking my butt, ya know what I mean? Oh honey, I hope you feel better soon!

3 Likes

Thank you for your good wishes, its not nice.

One day at a time folks. They do count up. Keep going.

10 Likes

I’m 895 days a non smoker. If you are going through it, keep going it’s the best decision you will make :+1:. I’m not a slave to the smoke.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Its hard for me to believe.

Yesterday I had strong craving. I was missing the physical part. It was a stronger temptation than Ive had for while.

Today. Id rather chew on a dried cat turd than smoke a nasty cigarette!
:muscle:

12 Likes

It’s been 5 Months. :scream_cat:
Big HUGE congratulations Jason.

Please don’t :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
You’re too funny :joy:

4 Likes

Hey! 5 months is HUGE. Many congratulations to you. What helped it stick for you?

2 Likes

Congrats on 5 months of no cigs! That’s awesome!

2 Likes

This year I was determined and I ran out of excuses.

It was still really hard. I couldnt get more than a day or two. When I bought a pack as I smoked them, my lungs felt the damage being caused. I started to visualized diseased lungs. It made attempting to quit again much more appealing.

Its so easy to pick up a pack, and end up smoking for another month, year, or longer.

I saw that pattern in me and knew I needed to break it.

Diving has been a big incentive for me to want to quit. Now freediving. I started training myself to hold my breath. This last time I started holding my breath during cravings. It helped me not act on them. It also makes me tired. a few record breaking breath holding attempts helped me sleep better.

It helps me still. It wasnt easy to hold my breath for 20 seconds.

Now, I can do 90 seconds. I notice how much better I feel when hiking, or anything. I can take a deep satisfying breath again. It helps me not want to go backwards.

I had to change my routines and habits to break the cycle too.

Instead of busy hands from smoking, now I have busy hands being productive.

I organize, and clean, or paint, fix things instead of smoking. Thats been really good.

Its similar to quitting drinking in regards staying away from people places and things.

The money saved is a good incentive too.

My biggest bills of the month each cost less then my cigarette bill. Using that money for better things feels good. Huge incentive!

8 Likes

Freediving! What an amazing incentive. I think it is amazing that by using your desires for living, you were able to overpower your inner addicts desire for self destruction. Cheers to making it stick this year. :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

148 days.
Happy I’ve made it this far, life gets to be more enjoyable this way.

How is everyone else doing?

8 Likes

ODAAT&NOPE

10 Likes

Nice!

157 days!

5 Likes

Saw this weather map this morning. Coldest day in Amsterdam this century. Eleven years ago today, while I was in hospital on an IV drip. Seven am I just had to limp outside and smoke, while the IV fluid froze and I felt little icicles enter my bloodstream. Perfect junkie behaviour.

2687 Days of freedom today. Never again. Quitting smoking was the best decision I ever took in my life. No exaggeration. Changed my life. Have a great smoke free weekend all! Love.

PS It was about -20C here, that’s -4F. I’m not in Canada.

8 Likes

Hi, I’m back. Have been smoking again full time since Christmas Day. Quit at 9pm last night so coming up to 24hrs smoke free. Again!!! Aaarrgh
Wish me luck :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

You can and will do it!!
Get some sweets and time to breathe again!
All that helped me during first days was chocolate :chocolate_bar:, non stop, still does help…

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

5 MONTHS 24 DAYS!!

First week of crabbing. Its been a grind. Its been rough weather. big ocean!

Crabbing consists of spurts of really hard work. Crab aerobics! I really loves how much my endurance has improved. I remember how winded I used to get. I haven’t felt like that this year.

The reward for finishing a hardcore grind was a cigarette. Its still very much wired into my muscle memory. There has been a few times where Matt lights up and it smelled really good and I wanted one, but it was easily shot down with being grateful I don’t do that anymore! I dont smoke! :muscle:

9 Likes