Neighborhood Coffeehouse Gos-Sipping

Yeah eastish usa

1 Like

If you start seeing pink elephants or purple dinosaurs scurrying around the town please call your doctor immediately.

2 Likes

If I do I’ll certainly do that, after I’ve given the elephants buns and the dinosaurs what ever they want to eat that isn’t me :innocent:

2 Likes

In all seriousness are you doing ok?

1 Like

I’m feeling a lot better thanks, but, I won’t be using patches again! I’m going to get some nicotine pens instead; I really need to give up the cigarettes.

2 Likes

Here’s a Stop Smoking thread.

Lots of good info there on quitting smoking
In my experience cold turkey was best. Nicotine just made me want to smoke more. And you’re right with the 21 mg it definitely did raise my nicotine level and made me want more nicotine.
I’m glad you realized that much of a patch was not good for you.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your help, I’ll have a read of the thread, anything that helps is good :blush:

2 Likes

@Lezourez Cold turkey :turkey: 20 years ago. Maybe one of the easier things I’ve ever kicked. My girlfriend, now my wife told me I smelled gross so that was that :no_smoking:

3 Likes

Cold Turkey twenty years ago after wasting, time, money and effort on nicotine replacement for years with the nicotine always dragging me back in. Me —> Take off patch. Shower. Smoke ten cigarettes. Put patch back on.
Everybody has to find their own way. So glad I walked away from it. We are all stronger than cigarettes.

3 Likes

Posted this on the sober selfie page but I thought I’d sling it on here as well as the goatee is almost back to normal after the CATccident or was it a Catastrophe :joy:

4 Likes

Feeling better?

Much better thanks, no more pain and no more tablets :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Sadly our Border Collies KT lost her short battle with aggressive Lymphoma this morning :sob:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry @Lezourez … very sad.

Thank you.

1 Like

A friend phoned me yesterday evening and asked if I was looking for a pup!
Nobody but my daughter and this thread know that KT has passed!
After discussing it over with my wife, we’ve decided to go and look at the pups this morning.
It feels a bit too soon, but, as I haven’t spoken to my friend since October it’s really spooky, we’ll go and look and see what pans out.

3 Likes

Well we’ve got a new addition to the menagerie, another Border Collie, black with white socks and blaze.
We’ve calling him Aengus (pronounced Angus) he is the Celtic (Irish) God of youth, love, summer & poetic inspiration.
As we lost KT on Valentines day it seems to fit and will be a memorial to her, not that she’ll ever be forgotten.
He’s made himself right at home stealing Dylans & the cats toys.
Here’s a few pictures.

9 Likes

Cinnamon sugar topped affogato

@Lezourez good luck potty training! :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Thanks, I had a busy night about 3 hrs sleep off and on. I’m running on pure caffeine at the moment, I’m on my 5th 34oz cafetiere that’s about 20 8oz mugs of Veranda :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

So if you drink that much caffeine are you peeing like every 10 minutes?

3 Likes