Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness đŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

What program are you following? Im hitting up Wendlers 531 right now.

1 Like

I actually just wrapped up this program at the end of January:
https://www.castironstrength.com/the-best-fucking-12-weeks-of-powerlifting-youre-going-to-have-all-year/

Currently, just winging it, getting back in the flow after being sick. Going to start this program soon though. I attempted it before, but just wasn’t dedicated, and bailed after 2 weeks.
https://www.deathcomeslifting.com/transylvania-9-week-powerlifting-strength-program

1 Like

Nice. I rolled 531 for a year of drinking now im gonna roll it for a year of sobriety, I’ll just change up my accessory stuff in there. My numbers for the most part go up steady so i figure why change it now.

2 Likes

Let’s get these gainz!

Morning sesh

4 Likes

8 Likes

There are some guys at my gym that SCREAM “encouragement” at each other when spotting
“YOU GOT THIS MOTHAFUCKA, YEAH YOU FUCKIN GOT THIS BRO”. It’s obnoxious.

I’d probably burst out laughing if someone was yelling that stuff at me while I was lifting.

4 Likes

I wish they were actually yelling the word “ENCOURAGEMENT”. That would be amazing.

Our gym can be pretty loud at times with that stuff
or at the very least, once someone completes a huge lift, everybody loses their mind.

3 Likes

I used to go to barbell brigade and I think that’s amazing. You would be doing a PR and a random stranger would be, GET THAT!!! LIGHT WEIGHT!!!

I’m at LA fitness now and I think the lack of motivation is lame

2 Likes

“LIGHT WEIGHT BABBBAAAAAY” is a very common phrase at my gym.

Here’s my gym owner at Barbell Brigade. He was one of their athletes for a while. Dude is a beast.

5 Likes

Omg tell me about it, everyone is a beast there!

I usually lift heaviest at my LA fitness. I went to barbell and was humbled, had to up my baby ass numbers.

1 Like

That was me at Planet Fitness. Then I joined my current gym (Indy City Barbell), and let’s just say
I’m not lifting shit. Hahahaha.

Steve is a beast, and the co-owner Garrett Fear, is another beast. Huge numbers going up from everyone at our gym. I love it.

1 Like

See, I like to lift in solitude and relative silence aside from my headphones. I keep to myself in the gym. That’s just my preference, though.

3 Likes

Me too, friend. Me too :joy: Fits right in with Strange Planet comics too :smile:

2 Likes

It took me an hour or so to figure out what movie scene I was thinking about. Finally remember. It’s from I Love You Man

5 Likes

Everyone has the their preference! If you like to lift your way, get it!

I was very quiet at first, but the loud cheers gave me a reason to lift heavier.

I’ve said it before, but the worst is when people drop weights, it’s so jarring and I absolutely can’t stand it.

4 Likes

What about deadlifting?

1 Like

Hmmm I dunno, if the plates are securely on the bar, I don’t see it making much noise with deadlifts. It’s more so that slamming plates on plate sound that I hate.

2 Likes

Very much agreed.

Strong enough to lift it? Strong enough to place it down.

2 Likes

Lift it, grunt loudly, drop it, then look in the mirror and flex lol

4 Likes