Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 2)

Hopefully your shoulder heals ok. I like a mix of free weights and machines. Been training 4 times a week and feeling more comfortable in my surroundings at the gym. Still unsure on all the equipment but confidence has increased markedly.

4 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

Urgh that shirt. TMACā€¦:sob:

You look good though, what a shame.

5 Likes

Along with the gym, disappointing people is another favorite pastime :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Snap, brother.

2 Likes

Good to see you all geared up for the big kick off this evening will you be able to watch it

2 Likes

I will have nothing said about that top itā€™s a classic :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about buying fitness tracker, Fitbit inspire 3 most probably. Anybody has it? Some thoughts? Maybe some other recommendations.
I used to have some cheap fit watch fitbit-like but it was so inaccurateā€¦ For example it was counting my steps while I was just standing washing the dishes. Are firbits more trustable?

3 Likes

Sure will! Itā€™s on at noon for me here and thankfully will be available on TV

Cavani on the back of the kit. Short time with MU but I love him.

2 Likes

Reallyā€¦ Haha. Chelsea blue :blue_heart: All the way thru.

2 Likes

I have Fitbit versa 3 I think. Itā€™s really boss. :100:

1 Like

I have a few friends coming over to watch it

1 Like

:person_facepalming:t2: what are doing with so many players in there squad like nearly twice as much as the other teams :joy:

1 Like

It keeps them from playing for other teams. Expensive bench warmers dude. Im more into the womenā€™s team anyway, but il be blue always.

1 Like

I have a garmin venu sq. I have found it to be accurate and the training plan Iā€™m working through is on their app for free. Itā€™s waterproof and the battery life is pretty boss. I charge it maybe twice a week.

Iā€™ve never had a fitbit but Iā€™ve heard from other ladies on my fitness app that they stop working after a year or so. But that may be based on usage.
I had an apple watch for a few years and it was good but didnā€™t have the same features as garmin. Mostly battery life and waterproof was the selling point for me. I think it has went up in price but when I got it, it was only $120

5 Likes

Iā€™m a big Garmin fan. My current watch is the Garmin Venu 3S. I love it! But it isnā€™t a cheap watch. I can even answer my phone with this watch! :sunglasses::joy:
The app Garmin uses is easy to use.
And the app is for free, the Fitbit app you have to pay for.

Look into the Forerunner watches, they are cheaper and also very good! For example the Garmin Forerunner 55.

8 Likes

Love Garmin. Been using Polar with strap for about 10 years. It got really old watch so I updated to Garmin and it is my new favorite. Tons of features and monitors like accelerometer with inside coach, adaptive trainings recommendations. The accelerometer is used when running treadmill and it is quite accurate. The heart monitor is insanely accurate. I tried using Polar strap and the Garmin watch alone and the results are almost the same as with strap. Like few bpm difference.
I am using Forerunner55 witch is more important for Running and overall stress, sleep and energy levels (where Garmin has this feature called Body Battery witch recommends workouts by available energy levels, sleep quality), but there are other models witch are more suitable for different trainings. I would like to have different model witch also tracks your training exercises, recognise movements and counts weight lifting repetitions. So that would be cool feature to have witch I remember while watching reviews other Garmins do have this feature.

6 Likes

So 3 points for Garmin, zero for Fitbit.

This Forerunner 55 has build in GPS, right? So I wonā€™t need my phone anymore while running? Tracking is accurate?
Can I also use it the swimming pool?

There is so much info in the web, especially about fitbits - from super enthusiastic to completely bad, I donā€™t know anymore what is real opinion and which just marketingā€¦

Tracking my sleep sounds very interesting for me but I also got an info that itā€™s not recommended to wear it at night if you sleep with your hand close to the headā€¦ I donā€™t know.

I really want to have one but I donā€™t want to spend a lot of money and also donā€™t want to be disappointed when it wonā€™t be accurate. I want to trust my watch :sweat_smile:

Edit: Garmin Vs Fitbit
3 : 1
(I forgot about @Tragicfarinelli - you said you are happy with your Fitbit, this model is a bit to expensive for my budget, Forerunner 55 costs 165e and its max I could spend, actually I was planning to spend maximum 100e thatā€™s why was thinking about Fitbit inspire 3.

5 Likes