Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness đŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 2)

GPS :white_check_mark:
No need for phone anymore while running.
Waterproof :white_check_mark:
there is also a workout option for pool

I do wear it while sleeping, I think you just can turn off the bluetooth connection. I usually like to keep my bluetooth off on phone and etc. So you just can do the sync time to time, or while using bluetooth earphones it syncs automatically. There is also option to turn other sensors too. I recommend to turn movement detector while in car as the results will be innacurate. For heart rate and movement sensors they are not harmful at least I had not found any data on this. I dont know about Fitbit, but I remember tried other watches with different sensors and they were very inaccurate. Garmin has multiple sensors and are well known and used by pro athletes too. I was not a big fan of Watch sensors - because I found them innacurate to work with. Used only Polar chest strap until I finally tried Garmin.

I mean it literally has more sensors.
Ps. battery life on this model is very good. I think I charge it like once a Week, maybe twice. I dont like to see low battery so usually plug in after workout if I see something like 20-30% . It has no touch screen, but very nice menu. 4 button witch one of them opens workout menu.

3 Likes

This is the info I needed! Thank you so much!
I think I will go for this Forerunner 55 :slight_smile:

One more question, maybe a stupid one but forgive me :slight_smile: Does it count steps when you just sit down and move your hands? Or while washing dishes etc? I know it’s recommend to wear sportwatch on less active hand (left in my case) but I can only wear it on right and I don’t want to have fake 20 000 steps per day just because I move my hands a lot xD

3 Likes

Garmin 6X pro, third Garmin
 and I absolutely love them. Thought about Apple, but for sports and health analytics I just enjoy the Garmin and their app.

7 Likes

Its good question in my opinion. I did noticed too many fake steps on this device. Most accurate I ever used. Tho you need to turn off it motion tracker off while driving. Basically 3 clicks and done.

By the way it goes with Garmin Connect app and it is quite well designed. The watch itself has recommended workout suggestions, it for example can say that the sleep was poor quality and recommend to do shorter workout and so on. On the app itself there are this Option called “Garmin Coach” witch has 3 pro coaches that actually gives video lessons and adaptive personalised trainings. You can pick your goal and it shows a lot of useful statistics :+1:

3 Likes

I have been using Garmin Forerunner sports watches for over 15 years (my first was the Forerunner 305). Whenever I am on the market for a new sports watch I end up with a Garmin model. In my oppinion they have the longest and most consistent expertise with sports watches especially when your primary interest is in accuracy and functionality.
Fitbits are usually more trendy and the Apple watches are better connected with the iOS universe.
As to what model to choose I’d start with a list of the funcionality you are looking for: must haves, nice to haves, interesting features.

6 Likes

Thank you guys for all the answer. I’ve just ordered Forerunner 55 :tada: I’m so happy! Shitty that today is Saturday so I have to wait one extra day for delivery. Can’t wait.

@zzz it’s already 2nd good recommendation from you in last few days (I also asked about yerba mate). I hope you are not charging for your advices, I just spend double amount of money on a watch that I was planning so I can’t afford nothing right now :wink:

7 Likes

No Problem. You can pay later :wink:

047709a0-ac81-409c-af34-0a8dec628de2_text

8 Likes

I hope you will have your new watch on your wrist soon, you will love it!!

3 Likes

Sunday Supersets
I have been using a Garmin Vivoactive 4 for the past 2 or so years and love it. NEVER was a fan of wearing a watch previously.

10 Likes

Oh. After using it for about half year just found new feature witch actually can be useful. So you can choose different main screens, but yeasterday I find out that you actually can choose different things to show. Like for myself I choosed to show: heart rate, weekly mileage, recovery time, battery, bluetooth connection, sync and so on. Everything on the screen now. Also can choose different colors. Not much, but still might be helpful :+1:

3 Likes

This is a few months ago.

Ill Give yall a new tomorrow, unless i make it rest day :face_exhaling:

10 Likes

Aite, im back.
I didnt sleep last night, so i thought my workout would be trash, if i even went.

But man
 i put my FOOT in this workout today.
Hope you all are able to get yours today too.

13 Likes

I have a watch since yesterday and I’m so in love :slight_smile: I made first run with watch and phone to compare results and was perfectly the same. While running I was checking watch from time to time cause it was showing much shorter distance that I know my route is and was a bit angry but then realised it was in miles :wink: And while on my garmin app on the phone I have metrics, I can’t change it on my phone
 But it’s not a big deal. Probably it’s possible to change but I don’t know how yet :wink:
I’m happy with my watch, thanks guys for your wisdom, as always :blue_heart:

3 Likes

It’s easy to change! Just go to the app.

Click on the 3 dots in the bottum right “meer”

Click on “gebruikers instellingen”

Click on “maateenheden”
And choose the one you prefer.
Done! :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

sick-feeling-sick

Yeah. Let’s talk. I think I will be off the script today

So having Flu. It su*ks to skip trainings, after being sick, not eating much, sweating you usually loose a lot of mass and first trainings after skipping some is always hard. Hey, but overall I did it many years with drinking, skipping trainings, being sick. That’s what I notice when training sober - the results are much much greater and quite visible on photos comparison. It’s like I been blind all the time while drinking, it was hard for me to realise on how much difference it makes.

Anyway, I am changing a lot in my diet, started to run again after my knee injury. I have much more lean muscle mass, but don’t get me wrong, I still have a lot of fat and overall I think - building mass when training without hormones and anabolic steroids - I think it is much healthier to build that mass when you already have suitable lean basis. Ofcourse it all depends on different genetics. Without running I was more focused on weight training and tried to bulk as much as possible before cutting and going back to running. discipline.

Knee still hurst when kneeling down (it’s almost half year now) I think it is meniskus injury and there is not much you can do. Don’t get me wrong it is not that bad and I really had no time to go to docs, been working for almost 12 hours a day and not even had Summer vocations. I think I will check my knee when I will do yearly rehabs of my damaged wrist nerves. Then I will have time.

To be honest a lot of changed in my spiritual views. I really am not much focused on my physical health as before and I am happiest I ever been. It’s hard to explain my views without digging in hours and hours of talks about ancient teachings and quantum physics, but overall it is explainable in terms of quantum. Remember Wave–particle experiments. It’s like reality is not as real as we think it is. When we sort of meditate on it it can rechape itself, on other terms - Miracles happen, but once we focusing our brains on it - there is not much space for miracles left. Same is with serious Health patients when some comes back like a miracle, or with Athletes who are reaching unimaginable and overall many things in life are born in free minds where people are dreaming of something that is not yet present. Because they Believed.

Saying it simple - Believe is very important and yes Believe need Action to be added, but all I want to say is I am learning to leave more free space for greater things to come, leaving more space for understanding that I am not a final product of this reality, but a continuation of much greater inertia than myself.

9 Likes

Beautiful share @zzz

3 Likes

Quick question about pre work outs lads,
Im looking to stop using caffeine altogether as my sleeping pattern is wrecked,ive tried cutting down but id rather just drop it all together now.
Im up early so I mostly train in the late afternoon so im used to having a couple of shots of coffee or energy drinks before and during my workout.
Is there anything i could use as a replacement for caffeine for a boost.
I already use coco pops an honey as a quick hit carb for energy before workout.

2 Likes

Thank you. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Despite some niggling shoulder pain that seems to come and go, still been working out 4 times a week.
@Tony1878 this is something that interests me also. I don’t take any pre workouts other than the occasional coffee.

11 Likes

If you are looking for something without coffeĂŻne maybe you could try this:

I replaced my first-thing-in-the-morning coffee with this and its working fine for me. Tastes really good too.

Yerba mate is also my thing but definitely you have to get used to this taste, not for everyone :slight_smile:

Matcha tea (powdered green tea) is game changer too (without milk!).

Basically, I was looking for healthy coffee replacement cause when I stopped drinking alco, i started drinking insane amounts of coffee. Ended up drinking it all, coffee matcha yerba mushrooms
 :sweat_smile: Luckily I hate smell and taste of energy drinks (red bull etc), at least i don’t drink those.

Ps: all that I mentioned above (except redbull things) are super healthy too. Good luck with replacing coffee!

4 Likes