Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 2)

Thanks Mischa,ill look into all that you’ve mentioned,i worked with a Argentinian girl a few years ago and she showed me how to use this yerba mate your right it is a funny get used to

2 Likes

Looking good there Seb,ive training for 5 yrs now and ive always used some kind of pre work out,tablet form,coffee or energy drinks so i dont no any different,maybe it will turn out that i will be ok without them after a few weeks,we will soon see!!,yeah i had one of them shoulder injuries myself,couldnt get rid for months and I had to change my whole routine to work around it,i ended up not using my right shoulder at all for just under a month and it cleared up,minor strength loss also which was a bonus

1 Like

I use a cafein free pre workout.
This one:

And a coffee with cold water just before getting started :wink:

2 Likes

thank you,
I think im going to try something like this for my pre workout and change my absurd amount of daily double espressos for Rouibos tea :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Does yard work and weedwacking count? Because I’m feelin it all over because I’m old lol :laughing:

13 Likes

It DEFINITELY counts yes!! Looks like you worked up a bit of a sweat! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks I sure did lol :laughing:

1 Like

I love my Garmin Fenix Pro 6, the app is free and it does everything I want. I had a Garmin Forerunner it was my first “smart watch”… I also loved that one, but I wanted a little more. I love the app, you can find friends and see what activities they are doing too. I have a few friends and we compare miles in a month and we can all see each others stats

3 Likes

Heeey people with Garmin! Maybe we could make some sober group on garmin app? Its extra motivating if someone sees if you active or couch potatoing :wink:

4 Likes

I’d like that! Is Garmin worth getting? I’ve just rejoined a gym after years away. Coinciding it with another crack at sobriety.

3 Likes

You can connect you need ph#’s or email address on gmail

2 Likes

I am new in Garmin game, I bought it week or two weeks ago. After making some mini research and mostly asking here on TS about fit trackers, after checking my bank account I chose Forerunner 55 and I love it! Only pissing me off that in the morning my body battery is usually around 70% only. Obviously it’s not Garmin’s fault but my kids having bad dreams or stuck noses at night. My goal is to wake up one morning and see strong 100 :sweat_smile:
Good for you for returning to the gym! Wasn’t that you who was swimming in some insane cold lake regularly? I think it was you :slight_smile: Every year I want to try cold water plunge but never did. Maybe winter 2024/2025…

3 Likes

I don’t have anyone on my garmin connect cause you can’t hide the start and finish. I leave from my house a lot. I can/will connect with people on Strava though. It’s like a social fitness Fb lol All my activities from garmin upload there. I have a few sober friends from here on there

3 Likes

I’m gonna check Strava out! From social media app my only one is TS and would be nice to have something activities focused. Thanks!

2 Likes

This be me if you get in there. I follow olympians and every day people. It can be very motivating to see others hard work. There is a subscription and free part. I’ve tried both. The subscription is a break down of your workout but you can get the same info for free on the garmin app. I ended up going with the subscription though because you can set goals and it gives you a breakdown of your month

4 Likes

I can’t find you Jen :unamused:
Maybe other way gonna be easier, Agnieszka M.

Jesus I’m so tired… I didn’t have kettlebell in my hands for so long. I hope it’s temporary.

3 Likes

You would not believe how many people have that name on strava! Message me and I can send you a link. You are private so I can’t message you

3 Likes

I vote yes, judging by how sore and sweaty I was today after 2 hours of wielding power tools in the garden!

2 Likes

Love using Strava too.
I’m seeing my PT this evening, I currently feel really fatigued and quite body sore. I have asked her opinions of a deload week and awaiting her response. Need a mini break or something. She has suggested I track my meals for this week to see if I may be lacking in carbs.

2 Likes

I hear ya! We were under a heat advisory but gardening and yard work had to be done. :sun_with_face: