Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

@BrOKenWolf thank you for giving me such an insightful reply!!
So i left the trainers for all the aforementioned reasons and never paid the two extra classes I did and they never called me back. I think they realised they screw upā€¦
Also i asked for a program and NEVER got it.
The trainer that had me would NOT even say hi to me and he just was like oh you are gonna start training with this other trainer.
The worst part? My mum paid for my sessions, he did not say hi to my mum. If i catch him outside, he is done for!
Anyhow, I found a workout plan online (3 days hypertrophy - 2 days of power), paid for the membership at a better gym, with better equipment, instead of paying the so-called ā€œtrainerā€, I am now ok week two of this plan and honestly itā€™s great!
Thatā€™s all for now.
I will definitely post on here if i come up with any questions.
You all are so knowledgeable, I am quite lucky to have you
Take care <3

1 Like

Might be a good read for the ladies around here.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Keep crushing it. :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Pushing through a very early Saturday morning workout, before work. Anything is better than nothing at all. :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

New gym and fitness thread can be found here:

awe man ā€“ love that motivation even though your face is like hell nah why we doing this ā€“ hope it helped give you energy for the rest of your day

1 Like

Iā€™ve never actually gone back and read this thread from the beginning, gonna do that the next couple days. Probably so many great missed tips on here from the past few years

2 Likes

K guys, wee Xmas gift to myself. :christmas_tree: Was also my goal for this year. :star: Four years ago I got serious w lifting. I had started 1.5 years before that, did some crazy antics to lift while also full blown drinking, insane to think about now. Then I took the first 4 months of my sobriety off lifting cos I wanted my sobriety to stand on its own feet.

I remember my first sober new yearā€™s that I celebrated w a run and a novice leg day in some hotel gym where we were staying w the dogs in Poland at the beach. :slight_smile: It felt so good to get back. Hereā€™s my documentation, I was doing some 60kg! :')

Deadlifting has always been by favourite and Iā€™ve long anticipated getting into the advanced section for my weight. Itā€™s just a number, but at the same time this one means a lot to me, somehow.

I have to take time off lifting when Iā€™m too depressed or disturbed. Thatā€™s ok. I also had knee issues in September. My squat is still not back where it was before that. Also ok. Now my new commuting life and trying to be productive in my degree are taking a lot of time away from it and I hate that. To take any hard won progress and forward movement with the backward or stagnation or diversion is one of the many many things lifting has taught me. As in forced my terrible perfectionist idealist naive mind to accept. And w that to accept, form a relationship w and love my own body which is sth I never ever thought Iā€™d say. Ever.

Whenever I ā€œwantā€ to celebrate I come up w so many reasons why I shouldnā€™t. Like thereā€™s some punishment or shame just around the corner. Strange. Or that I could be so much better at my age, had I done things differently. Whatever. Posting despite these feelings and hopefully also now no more stupid flags!

Be well and stay strong everyone! :mechanical_arm: :boar: :purple_heart:

18 Likes

Your one rep max is just shy of 300 lbs ? Thatā€™s fuckin badass. Great job. :muscle::muscle:
See this is why I was so against having the who wore it best mini-skirt competition with her @Dan531 :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

No no, itā€™s more like 270lbs apparently and I dont actually lift that. I lifted some 105kg 6 times and the website calculates the 1RM.

I understand. lemme know if you wanna do open back dress or off shoulder bodysuit instead. Anytime my friend. Or the dog booties. :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :boot:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your achievement! Celebrating you!

2 Likes

And thatā€™s an achievement! You are a badass :muscle:t3::fire:

1 Like

Looking well, Joe.

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™m starting to feel better. Just battling injury and father time. :grin:

2 Likes

Doing great Joe! Keep the momentum goingā€¦
Father time wonā€™t have anything on you

1 Like

Hello, just wondering what app you use please? Thanks

1 Like

Hey itā€™s a free website called https://strengthlevel.com/. Enjoy. :fire:

@Jasty2 looking good Joe! Injuries suck ass but thereā€™s always something you can do, right! Extra kudos for the time of day, crazy good!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never taken a pre-workout before, but a buddy of mine gave me a couple of tubs of

I took it when I got home from work and just smashed an hour and a half long, legs and back workout, so Iā€™ll probably try and take it a few times a week and see how I feel on it. Has anybody else ever tried this one or another for any length of time?

3 Likes