Has anyone conquered cocaine

Has anyone conquered cocaine addiction. I have time after time but still slip.

Will someone with experience…can u please help me by telling me how I can stop, or refrain from purchasing coke and using. I just keep buying bags after bags. I need something I can say for myself to remind myself to not use or get some…

Good to see you back again! I guess you did well for a bit and fell off?

1 Like

I was a heavy heavy crack user and I will tell you that I struggled mightily with it. The mental obsession was insane. And so was I. It took me being stashed away in rehab to kick it finally. Even though I used heroin and alcohol for way longer than crack I still picked a sponsor who was a crack addict bc that was my biggest fear of relapse. I make a lot of jokes these days about it, but crack terrified me. I have overdosed on it. Sold all my earthly possessions to get it. And neglected my life because of it.

This drug really requires you to reprogram your brain. I would recommend behavioral therapy, IOP and NA all at the same time.

Crack/cocaine is strong but we can be stronger if we work at it.

7 Likes

I have, was into it bad in my early 20s, it stopped being my drug of choice once I found meth, but I never completely stopped using it, just stopped actively looking for it. I have been years without it and then I’d have a stint where I’d do it constantly for a few weeks or a few months. I had a pretty hard run with the stuff here about a year and a half ago and it started by hanging out with my neighbor back home that I hadnt seen in 10 years. He was locked up when I moved and I ran into him while I was back visiting my family…that time I did start actively looking for the stuff, but when it got to the point it was messing with the opiate funds it had to go. So basically other drugs is what got me off of it, and other drugs is what kept bringing me back to it…as long as I got high on anything or drunk I was always down to do at least a little bit of coke…cutting out all the other stuff and not associating with certain people made it easier for me to turn down.

4 Likes

Sup donnie. Yea I was doing pretty well for a good while. Then slipped. It’s just I fall into boredom thus leading into temptation in calling my connect and the thrill of picking it up all safely and no trouble and the comfortable bump I would take in my car is, well exhilarating. Sad to say. But that one bump leads to 200 dollars of more purchasing and alot of hell afterwards when my bank account is empty and I’m going thru withdrawals. I just need a solid way of just stopping. I’m tired of “quiting” and reviving later. I know there is some saying or form of matter thst csn truly tell me brain to just STOP, like, I dont even have a wanting for it anymore

1 Like

I too had my strains of doing crack n coke when id try to get clean from dope. Thinkin i want energy! while detoxing from opiates kills any motivation. Just made things worse as when i went to crash i routinely did dope after. Best thing u can do is get rid off the baggage… the people involved in using and the dealer. Sometimes when in addiction long enough thats all you know so you feel lonely. Maybe hit a meeting and meet more sober people to help keep u focused that wont pressure u.

2 Likes

I’ll look into NA. I’ve conquered this drug and gone several months off it solely thru my own will power. Maybe connecting with someone could help at NA. MY PROBLEM ISNT AS SEVERE…its just when start and I get on it…boy am I on it

For me the amount or the length of use isn’t as important as wanting to stop and not stopping. If will power has only ever gotten you a few months that’s all it’s ever going to get you. My first time getting clean my crack urges were like a million times stronger than my dope urges.

1 Like

I always smoked my crack n did my gram- gram n a half of coke in a nite binging. Once i went to sleep and wake up it was never a thought. I never did it weeks or months straight either. Your here and thats definately a great first step!

1 Like

I went on the stem-fast diet for 8 months and lost 80 lbs

Thanks bro @Donnie_Spiering

I’m 10 months sober from coke shits hard to shake off. I still get cravings and times I think I’m better off using again. It takes a lot hard work but it’s worth it in the end. For me I have to find a hobby to keep myself busy from wanting to buy it. Stay strong you can do it!

3 Likes

To be honest I’ just find it hard to turn off. I tell myself one bag of coke and I’m good. Nope. But even months clean off it I’m super bored. I did the exercises, getting a nice 6 pack, loving healthy, engaging in better activities…but straight up, the shit is boring and dull. I need that energy or just uppity feeling like coke, but just not coke. Idk. Its freaking weird. But I’ll check out NA MEETINGS…I’m a lonely anti social dude somewhat but connecting with someone might help?

2 Likes

Ohhhh ive worked with many crack addicts that would blow a 1200 check in a weekend between beer, crack, whores, and a room. Just like the bosses son kicked the dope but went straight to drinking and doin coke. He posted on facebook about loosin wieght. It took some teeth gritting to not call out that he was on that cocaine diet and not from workin out that he lies about. Dope was wayyy harder for me to kick. I was a tweeker when i did crack always thought i missed a piece searchin between hits… smh i bet i looked dumb as hell! Lol

2 Likes

@Longhorn. Now this is the message I was kinda wanting to read. First off thanks for sharing. Secondly…man I wish I can do 10 month off it…I bounce back after 4 or 5 thinking I’m “comfortable” and I can stop and control it better this time around. Nope. Whst have u been doing as a substitute for coke… what’s keeps u off it. Do u mentally tell urself something, remind urself something,…what made u go at an impressive 10 months so strongly

wow :clap:t3: good for your friend!

1 Like

it’s perfect cos it doesn’t just scare one dealer, it trickles to all of em. love that.

1 Like

It’s all about hard work and and commitment. First step is realizing and admitting you have a problem. Then asking yourself are you read to make the change for a better life. Then it’s surrounding yourself to your higher power and letting that higher power take control of your life.
As far has substituting coke I had to work hard on figuring out what to drink or eat to take the craving away. I’m also an alcoholic so it was very difficult finding the right substitute. I drink a lot of caffeine now (energy drinks, coffee) plus water and somke a lot of cigarettes.
I made the change because I flatlined twice when drinking alcohol and using coke at the same time. My heart couldn’t take it anymore and I was told if I didn’t change my ways I would die. So that was it for me I was tired of putting my family through that pain.
If you really wanna stay sober from coke you’ll find ways to stay off of it and using easy ways to control the craving but you got to be willing to put in the work!

4 Likes

While opiates are my main poison, I had a run in with crack on and off for a year. When on, it was the best worst feeling ever. I absolutely fear that drug and how I would lose myself and didnt care. Took every bit of strength to walk away. In the back of my head I crave it from time to time. But I squash those thoughts upon arrival. It is such an evil drug and I dont miss running out and scrambling to get more asap…just a few more bags…then do again…then run out… then just a few more bags…then 3 days completely lost…and now broke and miserable with self hatred…and feeling worthless and sick. Nope. Never again…but yet the cravings never seen to completely dissipate, for me anyway… So I live in fear of it…and that has kept me from using… oxy/pain pills i fight against every single day… wish I feared pills. But unfortunately I dont. That battle is another story…

2 Likes

Its a tough one but you’ve got this.
I cut off all contact with anyone who I did it with, bought it from, or knew anyone who sold. It was difficult. Drinking made it harder to not relapse, so I’d cut that out too if you haven’t already.

Go to meetings, check in here, repeat.

1 Like