I was listening to this song by Macka B (who is a solid reggae artist, not just someone who makes songs about vegetables!)
And I thought it would share it here because I am coming back to a place where I feel able to make my health a priority. Physical and mental health are all part of the same picture for me and I am working on finding a way I can live consciously, with emotional as well as substance sobriety, in step with people and the planet.
Things I am working on, in no particular order:
- a diet mainly based on fruit, vegetables, pulses and whole grains
- being free from all substances, including nicotine
- spending quality time outside every day
- moving more, particularly walking and dancing
- regular yoga practice
- developing skills that build resilience e.g. growing food, making and repairing things
- honest, kind and assertive communication
- building my self esteem, saying no more and not helping others at the expense of my mental health
I’m going to use this thread as a bit of a check in for things that are going well, as well as when they are going less well. I’d love to hear about your successes and struggles too.
What are your goals for a healthy, happy life?
NB This is not about weight loss, there is already a great active thread for that and any weight loss posts will be moved there