🦋 Health Journey... Potential TW

so true my friend – we have to stay positive otherwise we would be batshit crazy. Nothing I have is full on that thing I have bits and pieces of many different ailments and that’s why they can’t pin point it. so many diagnosis where each doctor says well these 3 symptoms match this disease but then the others don’t so ??? I’ve heard that so many times. I’m just now laughing cause maybe then God will let me in on the joke. :laughing:
I’m impressed with how you’ve turned around your diet today - hope you keep up good work and PLEASE be kinder to yourself. Your body hears you and will reflect accordingly. You are in no way a Loser - what an awful way to wake up.
@Butterflymoonwoman Dana this is for you also my friend – words / thoughts really cut deep. We are here to heal ourselves and that is not possible if we are in anyway treating ourselves badly (emotional beatings / berating is included). Give yourselves a big hug and remind yourselves that you are doing the absolute best you can at this moment! You have already come so far in your health journey and not everything happens all at one - this body / mind takes time to adjust. :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :heart: SENDING YOU BOTH HUGS AND LOVE

5 Likes

Day 457
Today Ive been managing. I did get up at 5am for a workout. But i noticed that bcuz i woke up so early, i was much hungrier early on. At my sons appt, I struggled with some thoughts of wanting to eat my emotions (due to my sons MRI. I always get a bit emotional for them) but managing thru the thoughts, so thats good. Got home and then ate a half a bagel BLT and a smoothie. I feel okay now and am not having urges to overeat or eat out of emotion. Thats about it for right now. How is everyone else doing today?

4 Likes

Currently fighting the urge to binge eat. I dont understand what brings this on. I really feel like if i had more knowledge, id be able to better understand why i go thru this. Maybe ill try a quick meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Hi I’m feeling tired right now, after some reading around.
It’s almost half midnight here too.
I just remembered you mentioned your son has an important app on Wednesday which is tomorrow and I wanted you to know I’m thinking of you both :pray::purple_heart::sparkles:

(Probably muddled the days up but just incase it’s tomorrow I’m here for you )

4 Likes

I do hope the mediation helps. If you do binge, try to do on something like celery sticks or carrots…
Have you had your blood sugar levels checked?

Your blood sugar levels can dip, and your stomach produces a hormone called ghrelin, prompting you to eat. It may not always be caused due to a psychological trigger – :thinking:

3 Likes

I decided to go on the Insight Timer and do this meditation:

It was really good. And nice and quick. But still long enough to do what it needed to do. I feel like 90% better :slight_smile: Going to save this meditation for future moments when i feel like binge eating.
i have had them checked in the past. Actually had quite a number of blood tests done but everything was normal. Maybe its worth another check. Thank u for ur support friend :heartbeat:

4 Likes

Awe friend :slight_smile: thank u. He had it today actually (Tue). Some emotions on my end but overall it went really well.

3 Likes

Some big hugs for you :hugs: my days are well off atm. Im glad its done and all seems well.
Try not to let all the thoughts overwhelm you. And have a little time to meditate and process your feelings.
You really are superwoman :gem:

2 Likes

so glad that the mediation helped.

the surf city apps I used the hypnotic one for quitting smoking and it really helped. I see that it has two other hypnotic apps (mindful eating hypnosis and a lose weight) – not sure if you’d be willing to try (just a thought).

3 Likes

Day 458
Better day today for my eating. Still ate over my daily calories but not by much. Plus i have discovered that the time btwn 3pm-6pm are the hardest for me (where my mind obsesses about food and wanting to snack). My routine usually is a healthy smoothie at 11am for lunch, then a small snack at 2pm (today was 1/2 whole wheat bagel with avocado on it), and then a snack at 5pm (today was the other 1/2 of the bagel with light cream cheese on it). And then supper at like 630pm is very heavy. Im planning on how to combat this urge to eat in the afternoon. Friday i will probably grab some low calorie veggies as other have suggested. I did write my list of reasons for why i dont want to binge. I even did the Eating Disorder meditation today which was really helpful in the moment. All in all i say today was a win. Im just trying to learn more about myself and am trying to be more self aware :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re not saying if you’re eating breakfast or not.
Otherwise you’re going for the first 12 to 13 hours of your day with not much food. 5am to 6pm.
Even with your nice healthy smoothie late morning and your two snacks.
I would think about replacing the bagel with a couple hard-boiled eggs to go with the avocado at the one snack and then have two cheese sticks or some yogurt and an apple or unsweetened applesauce for your later afternoon snack.
Editing to say I see back in the posts that you’re not a breakfast person. I read up on whole wheat bagels and how they can be healthy with lots of protein and fiber. Also I remember that sometimes you eat too much yogurt so I don’t want to encourage the yogurt because of that but as you know it’s healthy and filling.
Hugs. You’re doing great. You’re thinking about it, learning and experimenting with different work arounds to see what works best for you.:yellow_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I like ur ideas :slight_smile: it may help if i have more protein like eggs instead of the bagels and quite honestly, bagels are very high calorie also lol

Ur absolutely right on this too. I think my issue is that im not eating enough throughout the day which results in being hungry. Lots of things can come up from this. I get irritable and stressed out bcuz im trying not to eat which results in me caving and emotionally eating. Or when i DO eat later on at supper time, i tend to overeat bcuz im so hungry. Ur making verrrry good points. I already spent some time this morning sort of planning my meals to try and make them more filling. Protein will probably be a good go to for this.
Thank you for your support friend :smiley: I always love ur ideas and suggestions. They make me think and get a different perspective on things :relieved:

5 Likes

Day 459
Today in a sense has been slightly less stressful with regards to my health. There were some obsessive thoughts over food in the afternoon (usual same time) but tried a few others things to help me cope with the urge to binge eat.
Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: Protein smoothie from Booster Juice
Snack 1: Avocado on 1 whole wheat toast and a side salad with a boiled egg and low cal dressing
Snack 2: 1/3c of oatmeal with berries
Snack 3: cucumber sticks with low cal dressing
chewed gum
Supper will be: 2 eggs, 1 ww toast, and 3 slices of bacon
I tried to add some low calorie options to my snacks so that i felt a bit fuller. It worked to keep me full but my mind was almost craving something. And bcuz what i ate wasnt satisfying it, i chose to chew gum for awhile. It did help. I chose to weigh myself today also and i am at 222lbs. Which is probably the lowest ive seen it in quite some time. So im happy about that :slight_smile: my efforts are working. Would be nice to eventually come to understand why i turn to food to cope or why i binge eat etc. But at least im learning to manage and not necessarily act on those thoughts. Im not saying “f it” as much anymore. And i really try to be aware of that type of thinking. All in all id say today was a success :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Looks good. I was thinking about this during today.
I’m not trying to push proteins per se just push high quality nutrient dense food during the day so that you will feel satisfied and not wanting to eat everything in sight before dinner, during dinner. Or after.
It might be adding some of those foods during the day will help you portion control at dinner.
I was going to suggest oatmeal during the afternoon. Or cottage cheese.
I see you added oatmeal.

Also if you wanted something to wrap something in, ‘la tortilla factory’ has a low carb 50 calorie, high protein and fiber wheat wrap. “Low carb whole wheat tortilla” 50 calories. 3gram net carbs. 8gram fiber. 5 gram protein.
Ten original size in a pack.

You’re doing great! Great thought processes going on … :hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Day 464
Weight 220.6lb
Today i have eaten well and i didnt have much of an urge to overeat or binge eat. There was one moment (during the afternoon) where i was craving something to eat but didnt want to pack on too many calories, so i ate a lettuce wrap. Im proud of myself for that decision! I also realized (during supper), that if i have control of plating my dinner, i dont tend to eat as much. If my husband plates up my food (and he usually gives me bigger portions), than i feel almost obligated to eat whats on my plate. So im feeling good today with my health. I also exercised this morning. Overall it was a good day!

5 Likes

Im glad you had a good healthy day yesterday @Butterflymoonwoman

Im feeling good. I woke up early and did a spin/HITT class. Of course i thought of alllll the excuses even thought about turning around while i was driving there. But no i won the mental struggle this morning!

4 Likes

Way to go on following thru with ur spin class! I remember doing the spin class years ago and it can be a difficult and intense class. Proud of u!
Also i apologize for not replying sooner to ur post :pensive:

4 Likes

Day 466
Missed yesterdays health check in bcuz i didnt eat well AT ALL. Im learning to not beat myself up over my poor eating days bcuz what good does that do. The negative emotions just makes me want to eat more. So ive been working on retraining my brain in that sense.
On another note… today has been MUCH better for my eating. Plus i also exercised when i absolutely did not want to. And the workout was great!!
Today i had:
Breakfast - coffee
Lunch - chicken breast salad
Afternoon snack - greek yogurt (only 1 serving. I felt confident enough today to buy yogurt and not binge on it. Lets hope that wasnt a mistake lol)
Supper - will be a homemade burger with a handful of chips.

I am proud that i actually met my protein goal for the day plus exercised when i didnt want to. I say today was a good day :relieved:

5 Likes

So thrilled that you are having a great day today and more thrilled that you are not beating yourself up over yesterday’s poor eating. As you’ve mentioned - a lot has been going on for you this week and I think you’ve handled them well with the help of your Higher Power.
Cheers to a lovely productive and healthy day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I just want to say i am proud of you for all of your hard work in so many areas ! You’re amazing! :heart:

2 Likes