Hello again everyone

G’day mate.
Oftentimes you would enter my thoughts during your absences from the forum.
Always wished the best, but sometimes I kinda knew it was not.
Glad you made it through.

Looking forward to having you around more.
Go well

4 Likes

It wasn’t but thankyou for your thoughts :slight_smile:

I’ll be sticking around this time

2 Likes

Josh!! Welcome back :pray:t2::two_hearts: I’m sorry you have been having such a rough time :pensive: addiction is a BASTARD! We are so much stronger together, I’m glad your back with us. We’ve missed you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thankyou :slight_smile: nice to see you going strong! I’ve been in AA today for the first time, absolutely buzzing!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: . I’m glad you went to a meeting and that it went well. You deserve a sober life, we all do! Well done for taking the first step. I’m so glad to see you back at it :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I should have gone before. I used to say I was sceptical - turns out I was just scared.

4 Likes

Welcome back @DresdenLaPage! I always wondered how you were doing from time to time - like when I see the infamous thread you started called conglomerated things that can f#$@ off!

1 Like

Welcome back to the family! Been there just earlier this year. Hospitalized on/off for a month. It truly is life or death right now so I completely get you.

You/we/us can definitely do this! Life is too short and we are blessed to get another chance at it…let’s make it count this time!

Looking forward to this journey of ours :pray:t3:

1 Like

Petr! How you doing? Yeah it’s been a rough couple years. Never should have given up giving up but I did… and here we are!

I love that that thread is still alive lol

1 Like

I am doing pretty good. Just living life and raising some kids. I hope you stick around for awhile - I might be biased but, this forum has some really cool people!

2 Likes

I heard this quote a while back and it popped into my head when I read your reply….

Everything you’ve ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear .

It’s so true! Fear holds us back but it’s only once we push in through and get to the other side we realise it’s us holding us back! I’m so glad you went. Stay focussed, lean on us whilst you steady yourself. You can do this! Christ! If I can, you can! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks for your support Sarah it means so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back Josh.
I hope to continue to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

Back at ya! There were times when you supported me also. And I’m sure there will be other times :woman_shrugging:t3: lol. It’s great to have you here with us again :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Believe me, you will :wink:

1 Like

You’re the Chef aren’t ya?
You might have told me why they serve fish skin side up. Can’t remember now :grimacing: but it made sense.
Tough business to be clean and sober in.
Believe me! I know!

FWIW……when I don’t know what to post on here I’m still over at that gratitude thread posting every morning all the stuff I’m grateful for when I’m sober. Totally retrained my brain.
There’s a grateful bunch of addicts over here.

I think we got a spare chair. Bring your own coffee though.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for this Sarah! I never heard it before. I’m going to add it in with my favorite fear acronyms:

Before sobriety: Forget Everything and Run
Now: Face Everything and Recover

5 Likes

Hey Lisa! Hope you’re doing good? I heard this a while back and it resonated with me a lot. Glad you like it too :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Wasn’t it just! Yeah everything today except going outside which given how beautiful it was is a bit of a shame but… in my defence, my kitchen is sparkling and I managed to have a catch up with a friend of mine that I haven’t seen for a few years. She and I were on video chat for exactly 3 hours. She’s recently split from the father of her child and is … I wouldn’t say “in a funk” about it but she’s learning to live with just her daughter and getting used to being alone now. Hopefully I’ll see her in a few weeks time.

In fact, I’ll share a story with you!

Her names Claire and we used to work together for a travel consultancy and in June 2013, we went to Amsterdam for 3 days (we were both going through a city hop phase). So we met in the morning on the train and flew easyjet from Stansted now, even though it’s only a 35 minute flight, I still insisted on getting front row seats so that we get beer quickly and off the plane ASAP. There was a nice crew member on board called Dan. Dan was nice, very friendly, very handsome (think a watered down Enrique Iglesias) and definitely had the gift of the gab and lived nearby us. Well Claire was recently single and Dan was right up her alley and as we disembarked the plane, I shook his hand and said “What’s your surname anyway, we’ll get you on Facebook” He told us and …. Fuck my life… I said “Are you X’a brother?”… his face dropped, looked me dead in the eye and said … “Of course. Josh” All I hear is Claire behind me saying “Josh ffs get the bags!”
Turned out, Dan was the brother of a girl called Katherine who I dated when I was about 17. Dan found out I wasn’t only dating Katherine.

Dan didn’t like me.

3 Likes

I have done the same and I’m still impressed how lonely I am right now. Oh well :woman_shrugging: we just need to do what’s right and put ourselves first. Whoever is ment to be in your live will be.