Hello I am new here!

Question - What keeps your mind clean from thoughts of using ?

8 Likes

Hi, its my 4th day being sober. I try keeping myself busy with Lots of podcasts and reading information about my addiction, listening to people who went through this. Inthinknrhe worst part are the thoughts Like you deserve a Drink, come on its friday, noone cares, i drunk evening wont change anything. But understanding thats its BS helps me a bit

7 Likes

So iam i! Hi

7 Likes

Friday has Always been a challange…the thoughts of deserving drinks after a hard week at Work…i will try pampering myself with some wellness, perhaps pool

3 Likes

I think what might be helpful ist planning the day, Not just letting the thoughts loose but planning and filling Up the time Slots

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

We have to remind ourselves that when these feelings come they don’t last long and they do pass.
Each time we get through a craving and temptation we are rewiring our brains.
At the moment the brain believes it needs a drink or drugs to survive like food and water so sends those signals to your body that you need to use - like when we hungry we get tummy grumbling. Instead we get cravings but with each one we don’t use and let it pass our brain settles and they do become less intense and less often.

For me keeping busy, having little thing to look forward to Im the evening like dinner, a movie anything you enjoy that doesn’t include being in the environment or able to use.

I don’t watch TV in the day - main reason is to not let my self get bored by the time the evening comes. This way I have an enjoyable evening to look forward to that also isn’t stressful.
And just let the cravings pass dont give in to them. They can’t harm you if you wait for them to pass. But giving into them definitely will make life worse - think about how you want to wake up the next day.

1. Feeling hungover, unwell, anxious all those feelings that we all know, the feeling of doom. And not knowing where life’s heading.

2. Happy, refreshed that your showing your body love, sober no feelings of shame or doom and gloom. Proud of yourself for getting through.

Meetings are really helpful and reading and being active here has been my main source of support and help to stay sober.

Nice to have you join us :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@Isaproblem222 and @KKM0220

Welcome to the community :pray:t4:

This is a great place to meet like minded people working on the same goal of trying to become addiction free. No judgement here. Come here to share, read or just find distractions in the just for fun threads.

I keep myself as busy as possible with activities that require mental and physical thought so that I can keep the urges at bay

Wishing you luck in your journey. Hope to see you around the threads.

2 of my favorite threads to help me are…
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

And

Checking in daily to maintain focus

5 Likes

That was a perfect post! :heart:

2 Likes