Helpful info for new members

Hi members!

With so many new members joining recently (welcome!), we felt it was a good time to introduce the moderator team…

Your Talking Sober active moderators are @Lisa07 @Mno @Misokatsu @Dan531 @RosaCanDo @anon74766472 and @Sassyrocks.

Our role here is to help keep things running smoothly, keep the forum tidy and review flags, etc. If you see something that you think is not in the spirit of the forum guidelines, please flag it!

A few other important points…

1. Moderators do not read all of the threads. Therefore, if you are addressing the mods in a post, please tag one (or more) of us individually. Otherwise, we most likely will not see your post.

2. If you have questions, concerns or comments, you can also private message us, again either individually or @moderators (please note @moderators only works in private messages).

3. While we understand that posting under the influence/while actively using happens, it is against the rules of the forum. When this occurs, the thread will be moved to the OPT IN category of Seeking Help. Moderators and members with Regular status can do this. You can find more info on Seeking Help below…and opt in if you wish. Also this is a great opportunity to lend support to those in crisis.

1. One of the forum guidelines is to read (and post) with good intentions and to assume others are doing the same. Sometimes we infer some ill intent that is not there. This happens fairly frequently, especially when we are in early days of recovery (yes, we all get cranky as hell!) or just having a day. Please try to remember we are a community of people needing support and giving support. We are in this together!
16 Likes

Yes it is great to see the forum so busy but it does make it hard to keep track of who is here and to get to know people!

4 Likes

Hi there…I want to apologize to the community for not reading this info before i started posting this past week. ive had this app since march but never utilized the forum, so I’m really a new newbie here (again.) Now that my head is more clear, I see that this is a very thoughtfully put together and well-maintaned space. I want to be respectful of that and learn how to interact here in a more appropriate way than I did in the last few days.
I’m more desperate than ever to stay sober. I suck at reaching out, but I’m here trying to do things differently this time. I’m open to any feedback and i thank you guys for being out there. :love_you_gesture:

9 Likes

We are all new at one time. I scrolled through your posts, and may be missing something because I just glanced, but the only thing I’m seeing is over enthusiasm and excitement (though take that with a grain of salt because I tend to have the enthusiasm of Eeyore at times :laughing:), which isn’t a crime, and is definitely not a criticism. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and the people here generally are here to support everyone else just like they want to be supported. I hope you feel you can be yourself here. You are always welcome and even though it’s scary, you are always welcome to reach out to the community.

6 Likes

No need to apologise! This post was created as a helpful reminder to people about the role of the moderators and to let newer members know who we are :blush:

Keep reading, posting and make the most of all the support that’s on offer!

5 Likes

Ha…I wake up as Eyore every day and strive to reset before I encounter other humans. :smirk: Thank you for the encouragement and feedback. Im so quick to assume I’ve done something bad…old habit? Anyway this forum really seems like a special space. You guys are so welcoming and positive, even someone like me feels eager to open up here. :female_detective:

4 Likes

Love #4. Helpful for both rookie and veteran, when the nerves are a bit raw.

4 Likes

Yes, we know this to be true!! Always appreciate your graciousness when this occurs.

Also, seemed like a good time to bump this. Especially with the holidays approaching and that means lots of new members!

5 Likes

Thank you. I am grateful to have found this forum after paying to be part of others.

4 Likes