Seeking Help - Under the influence (opt-in category)

Hello, everyone.

A while ago we took a vote to decide if we should enable a separate category where people are allowed to post under the influence. The vote can be found here:

The results were in favor of such a topic.

I’ve set up a category that is invisible and won’t appear on the home page unless you opt into the group. I’ve added a section to the forum rules and guidelines Forum Rules and Guidelines that reference this. The forum rules and guidelines appear as a banner to every new user until they dismiss it, so they should see it here.

For those who wan’t to check the group out and opt in, here’s the link:
http://talkingsober.com/groups/Seeking_Help

Tagging the members who were involved in the discussion, hope I don’t miss anyone:
@Restlesssoul @Zara @MissQuinn @VSue @LeilaBird @Melrm @MindyS85 @Ace1 @WhiteDoves @Charlesfreck @joy_speaks_too @Marcus @Fceltia63 @Roga

11 Likes

Thank you Robin :blush:.
You are a great Admin in managing this page. I hope my msg went through about my response you asked for feedback on. I do see I am “opted in” and I appreciate that. It is good for those UTI to have somewhere to vent less the thought of offending or breaking rules. Actually as we all realize, if they are UTI, they surely are not looking up rules.
You have laid out a great foundation for a new Avenue with in your app. You opened up to upon our suggestions. You created reasonable boundaries along with allowing positive feedback. Thank you all.
Thank you Robin. It matters.

3 Likes

For those who are new that may not know this is the category called “seeking help”. This is where you post while under the Influence. It is an opt in category. Im sure none of you would want to jepordize someone’s sobriety and or upset any members here. So please respect the rules and post under this category while under the influence. Thanks in advance!!!

6 Likes

This might be a stupid question, but can you opt back out if you need to?

1 Like

@Robin please advise.

Yes you can! I had to :grimacing::pensive: If you go to your profile, click on the The seeking help link there is something to click on to be removed.

2 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t want to join unless I knew I could back out if needed :laughing:

2 Likes

Genius! Thank you, Robin.

1 Like

Hi @Alexis81 … I just categorized the thread you created under “Seeking Help” … and am now wondering if you have opted in ?? If you haven’t, you might not see your own thread!!

Sorry!! Let me know if you want me to change the category to something more generic … If you don’t want to opt in…

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

She will get notifications when we tag her and be able to see her thread. It should remain in Seeking Help, as she has been drinking. Thanks for all your help!

2 Likes

Thank you!! I had one of those panicky moments when I thought I probably shouldn’t have interfered :sweat_smile:

Also, I couldn’t find the @ that goes to all the mods. I searched and tried typing a few @ variations. If it exists, what is it? :grimacing:

@moderators

Thank you :blush:

@moderators only works for PMs, unfortunately it doesn’t work as a tag :confused:

2 Likes

Tho I am not sure that works. I think it may work for just messages?

You can also flag as something else and we get a notice.

1 Like

HI! Thanks for helping me out with this. I thought it worked like FB, you type something in your status box and post it. I’m still trying to learn the ropes on this whole messaging and posting thing. Now i just have to find my posting. Dont seem to see it anywhere but i know its here somewhere😅

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

@Alexis81, please take a look at your notifications, there should be links to your post there. Also, if you click on your avatar and go to your activity from the pull down menu, you will find your posts. Note that you need to opt in to the special section to see your posts.

You can also follow this link

Continuing the discussion from FUCKED UP!..Broke my sober streak. Feeling like shit.:weary:

2 Likes

I’m sorry @C_8 but your little panic has just brightened up a rainy manchester morning :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Gareth, Gareth, Gareth!!! Hello!!

I want your days to be bright, so let me know how else I can help? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment Void