Heroin withdrawl

Ontario. You?

Iā€™m from Michigan

Does the weather suck there too? We just had a ton of snow over the weekend which made driving interesting. Winter definitely doesnā€™t help our current situation. I wish I had quit in the summer.

Its terrible! With the winchill itā€™s below zero, we got a lot of snow over the weekend and looks like weā€™re only getting more, no it doesnā€™t help at all I canā€™t even go take a walk, me too wish i would have in the summer besides all the extra weight Iā€™ve put on lolā€‹:joy::joy:

Me too. I have a bit of a belly now. Another problem the gym can address.

Ugh same Iā€™m hoping that the gym helps I have been eating so healthy way better than when I was using but i cant stop packing on the pounds I donā€™t get it

Iā€™m eating healthier too and not nearly as much but Iā€™m pretty sure my appetite loss is a wd symptom . I think working out can get the furnace working again. But yeah even eating 1000 calories a day, Iā€™m not losing weight.

Ugh tell me about it Iā€™m hoping the weight is just part of wd and my body is just figuring stuff out and ill be back to normal soon

Yeah Iā€™m so fixated on feeling normal but Iā€™m not even sure what that is anymore. I know I used to wake up, get ready for work and be enthusiastic about the day ahead. I guess when that comes back Iā€™ll feel better.

I just said the exact same thing the other day lol i donā€™t even know what normal is I feel like Iā€™m going to spend a lot of time figuring out who I am

Yeh I sometimes give people 100 shots. Then Iā€™m just letting myself down. I have a hard time forgiving if I donā€™t see progress in others I need to work on that. Im not a runner but Iā€™ve worked at it. And now I can do it, not very well. But I do it. Great stress release.

Iā€™m right there with youā€¦i walk a lot and use the ellipticalā€¦ did you build up to running? How long do you run for now? Iā€™d love to eventually start running!!

Gf was on heroin , got clean her and i . Blessing from God ā€¦ she states away tho, boohoo

Donā€™t know how to even send message correctly. M

Iā€™ve always found hot baths super helpful. They help with the chills and body temperature fluctuations, muscle aches/pains and help me in general to relax. Sometimes I take 3 or 4 a day in those first few really rough days of WDL. Sometimes in the middle of the night. Whatever I need to do to get through those really painful moments where it feels like everything hurts and nothing helps. Hang in there. I know how youā€™re feeling and youā€™re a rockstar already for making the decision to take your life back.

Are you still here? Iā€™m at day 16. Looking for advice.

Any specific advice?

Just wondering when sleeping gets easier and stamina gets better.

For me it was a few months. After I hit the 30 day mark I forced myself to be active every day and that seemed to help

2 Likes

Iā€™m doing that now. I keep having dreams when I do fall asleep that I use or something gets slipped to me and I wake up panickingā€¦ cause Iā€™m on Vivitrol. By the time I get myself calmed down and cleared Iā€™m awake and afraid to go back to sleepā€¦ is this normal?