How and when can I join meetings on this site?

Just went into a zoom AA meeting for the first time… Was all men and didn’t feel comfortable. Need advice please… Any recommendations

1 Like

They have meetings on here Tuesdays & Saturdays. Go to the top of your screen and search for ZOOM MEETINGS, and you’ll find the topic with information. Thats how I found it.

1 Like

Yeah, meetings aren’t an official part of this site, though there’s some great folks that hold them.

For AA though, they’re going on all the time. It’s wise to try several and find a group that “clicks.” A bonus for the being so many you can always try another one.

If you haven’t already, Google around AA in your area for the district site and you might find a listing of all calls in your area. There are women’s meetings as well, or Open which are likely a mixture. You might like starting with women’s meetings?

There’s also intherooms.com. Not localized and with meetings all the time!

4 Likes

Ah, and beyond AA, there are also SMART meetings and Women for Sobriety (different programs). I dunno if the latter has online meetings though?

2 Likes

There is a website called intherooms (Google will find it) that I love. It has a really decent male female mix, including many meetings that are led by women and if someone comes up to share and asks for help the meeting chairperson asks people of the same sex to contact the sharer so if you are more comfortable with women this might be useful.
There are also specific women only meetings I believe

Just saw that @Eke advised intherooms.com too so this is two votes for that! :blush:

1 Like

There are women only meetings on intherooms.com that I like. It’s called soul sisters and all addictions are welcome. They don’t follow the AA format. There’s actually one tonight at 9pm eastern US time zone. Other meetings are Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7pm EST and Saturday at 1pm.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try a women’s meeting this week

1 Like

I will have a look at into the rooms tonight and check it out. Really am serious about staying sober this time. Feel like my life has been caught up I. Some kind of hexed ground hog day… Time to move forward and out of the haze of patchy memories.

4 Likes

I will also give a shout out for Recovery Dharma online meetings - recoverydharma.org/meeting-list - for a Buddhist inspired approach to recovery :blush:

4 Likes

Have you ever been to an AA meeting before? The first few times I went I thought it was all very strange especially as Im an atheist, but sticking with it I started hearing more and more people saying things that really resonated.

1 Like

Def look into this. I was an SGI member for a number of years and set up my butsudan again a couple of days ago. I am yet to sit and chant but the intention is there… Small steps

2 Likes

aahomegroup.org. 24 meetings a day, 7 days a week, great please to find a sponsor also

Our zoom group isn’t traditional AA it’s more like Yahoo Chat but we dropped the chat room for a 21st century feel.

Its actually alot of fun we do talk sobriety recovery and mental health, but we also have fun and talk life throw jokes etc. Its a good time

1 Like

Welcome Crazymama it’s nice to meet you! There’s a good selection of meetings here, including Women for Sobriety:
Resources for our recovery

There’s some good online options here as well. There are a lot of different meetings, don’t be afraid to “shop around” until you find a group you connect with (there’s thousands of different AA meetings around the world; they all have a different vibe):
Online meeting resources

And we here on TS have meetings now and again too!
Zoom Meeting - Tuesdays and Saturdays

Take care & never stop searching for what you need. You’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where she can be her full self.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys x

1 Like

should be able to find a womans zoom wish you well . im old school not to keen on zoom , but for new comers its better than nothing

1 Like