How do you start your mornings? Morning rituals 2021 to present

I’m about 4 hours in to the 10 hr long audio book right now. Haven’t gotten to that part yet.

I’m a slow riser, I like to take my time in the morning so I wake up early! Between 4 and 5am. I have a cup of half/caff coffee in bed while I check e-mails/ play games/ Tictok on my phone. Then I shower and or wash my hair. Every other day I alternate between a 6:00am AA zoom meeting and Yoga. I eat breakfast while I pack my lunch and a XL water bottle of lemon water with a little Himalayan pink salt. Then I start my 45+ min commute to work and I listen to an audio book during my drive.

3 Likes

Mine is similar. I get up early because I hate rushing. I add in a couple of morning chores to fill the time until I go to work. Maybe text my girls good morning. That helps me too.

1 Like
  • Wake up at 530am. Drink my pre-workout and get ready to workout.
  • Eat breakfast and drink coffee
  • I read a Bible passage off of this app called Glorify which helps me to understand what is being said and how it applies to my life
  • I pray for myself and others and ask how I can be of service today
  • I then go on another app called Recovery Path which is an app to track feelings, thoughts, triggers, etc. It too keeps track of my clean time but I use TS for that more.
  • Go on TS and read up on the check ins and then do my check in
  • At 11am-12pm I go to my online NA meeting
  • Then I take care of my responsibilities, house work, grocery shopping etc
  • I check in on TS throughout the day
  • I always shower or bath at night with lavender and do my skin care routine
  • I always pray while living in bed giving thanks for the day and for another day clean and sober

This is my usual routine I like to stick to, but of course things change. Like when I work on weekends or if there’s appointments etc. But I always make sure to keep recovery focused. There’s certain things I always do no msyer what’s going on. Other things sometimes fall to the wayside like the gym. But recovery 1st! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish i could get a morning routine too ! I have young kids so they make my routine but in the best of the worlds i would love to

Wake up
Make my bed
Start my coffee
Light up encens
Pick a tarot card
Do some yoga ( never did i wish)
And then go walk with my dog
Come back to est breakfast

That would make a awesome routine for me !
I Wonder why i dont try it :rofl: i do some of them sometimes never all of them

2 Likes

My morning ritual, coffee, lots of coffee

Having young kids means minimal me time but coffee and then a shower is always a must. I then always feel ready to face the day

2 Likes

Amen! Glad to know another brother in Christ.

Welcome to this app. Im grateful for it.
Following Jesus isn’t cupcakes and rainbows and you probably already know.
Keep coming back!

LOVE NEVER FAILS :white_heart:

1 Like

I wake up when I want to right now… The blessings of sober living and being blessed with a scholarship for the first month.
So I’m up around 6 am…
Start with MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST daily devotional, then coffee. JESUS CALLING devotional, NA Just for today, then catch up from the day before 31 days Wisdom Challenge and finally my Elijah Study by Priscilla Shirer.
This usually takes me to 9am.
I’ll cook myself a fab breakfast and then browse through this app for about an hour.
I would like to quit cigarettes. God isn’t pressing me yet and I also know the time will come when HE will and I’d like to have released them before he draws me to. Lol…
So a cigarette is infused in there somewhere. And probably a second cup of coffee.

Love you all :heart:

1 Like

Coffee of course.
Luther’s morning prayer. And then some more praying especially for people I know on this forum.
Read a section of Living Clean the journey continues.
Read a few stories from Intimacy In Alcoholic Relationships. I need Al-Anon literature because my wife is an active alcoholic.
My daily One Day At A Time In Alanon.
I read Thought for the day at Thought for the Day | Daily Meditations | Hazelden Betty Ford
And I read Just For Today Just for Today Meditation
Then I do my gratitude list right here on TS. Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery
Then I drop some memes on the meme thread.
Then I go back and read everyone else’s gratitude on the gratitude thread.
And this has kept me sober for 733 days so far.
Staying sober takes work.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Wake up 0500
Make my bed
Meditate for 15 minutes
cycle for a while
make coffee
shower
listen to or read an inspiring biography or passage on self help
start my day

phone and tv goes off at 8pm every night

repeat, repeat and repeat

Anything is better than the alternative hangover and crippling anxiety

2 Likes

First thing in the morning:

Read my Dailybread and devotion
Read daily reflection
Pray
Run to a Meeting…

My daily routine in the AM. Proud 18days by the grace of God. Forever greatful for my high power/ family and especially the sick (Us) in recovery. God is soo good.:pray:t4:

I love getting up early now. Ok, LOVE is a strong word because I also really like sleep. But I like watching the sun come up while I have my chocolate milk and coffee. Cuddle time with cats and easing into the day.
Today I am doing some volunteer work. If I had gone out last night, I would be still asleep. Or up at 3am trying to go through my phone and figure out what the fuck I did this time. Or in jail.
I hope that the people who partied too much last night don’t have too rough of a time today. Been there many times. So glad and grateful for this feeling of sobriety. Proud of myself for making it through another day.

3 Likes

Good for you Daphne! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I wake up at 5:45AM, sometimes earlier as I love the stillness of the morning. The routine is:
Feed cats.
Pour a cup of coffee.
Read daily reflection book.
Gratitude journal - write one thing I’m grateful for.
Text goodmorning to a rehab peer.
Read another book (I’m an addiction studies college student), currently on family systems in codependency.
Reflect, meditate, and journal.

3 Likes

Today I woke up made eggs avocado and cheese and made my wife angry then made up. She gets frustrated and I do to but then I remember it’s the underlying cause often that causes our behaviors not the things we do. Prayer, meditation and remembering to try and treat others the way we wished we were treated is what will get me through today I to tomorrow with as little conflict as possible.

2 Likes

Walking my dog then getting my kids off to school.

Tuesday December 5 2023

1 Grateful to have a home, a roof over my head.

2 Grateful to have a bed as there was a time I slept on the floor with no mattress

3 Grateful that Jennifer cooked

4 Grateful that I am not in control, leave it to my higher power

5 Grateful for the chance to change

6 Grateful for people in GA

7 Grateful for the 12 steps

8 Grateful for the warm blanket

9 Grateful for the candle as part of the Santa swap

10 Grateful that today will deal with life on life’s terms

1 Like

Perfect scenario:

Get out of bed, shower, dress up, drink water with kurkuma and lemon, coffee, gratitudes, some ~10min guided meditation, kids waking up one by one, breakfast, out to school/playgroup.

Usuall day scenario:
Get out of bed, while taking a shower hearing one of boys waking up crying, turbo fast finish shower, in the robe comfort him, go downstairs, play something on tv for him, in the meantime other one is awake. Drink water with kurkuma and lemon, make coffee. Get dressed. Try to wake up Dennis (he is a sleeper, its taking a while), realise time is short. Fast sandwiches for them. Chaotic getting them dressed. Putting them in the cargo bike with rest of sandwiches in the hands. Being right on time or little bit late at school.

And I always wake up at the same time. Some days minutes are just shorter :wink:

3 Likes

It’s funny to me that I kind of remember being a kid and just wanting to watch the cartoons and eat my cereal piece by piece over the space of about four hours. Must have been so annoying!

3 Likes

:slight_smile:
I see so many extremly annoying behaviours in them, and i know i was exactly the same. And what is worse - now my reactions are same like my mother’s were :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I usually get up at 6,I read my spiritual principles,and just for today,daily reflection,and pray. I text my supports,and make a cup of tea, and listen to positive affirmations on you tube,then I go to the 9:00am meeting.

1 Like