How have your looks improved

I was very red in the face the cheeks exspesh I have damaged my veins under the skin as I was always really hot wen I drank and after. This is getting better I’m much less red and I don’t run on hot which is so uncosy. I had a pot belly that’s getting smaller and looked bloated I look and feel so much better and I’m 24 days sober x

5 Likes

I’ve lost 40 lbs, have put on muscle, am leaning out all over, dry, flaky patches on my face are gone, and when I shave I don’t look like I lost a fight with a mountain lion.

My friends tell me I look 10 years younger.

8 Likes

I’m getting worse looking definitely

I used to look in the mirror and think I was alright. Now I don’t :joy:

But in all seriousness I’ve started to get moobs now I’m sober which is strange

2 Likes

Here is a thread called “Show me your transformations” (I don’t know how to link it 'cause I’m on my cellphone). There you can see some awesome improvement :kissing_heart::blush:

I’ve lost 20 pounds since I quit. My face slimmed down. People I haven’t seen in a while comment on how good I am looking. And all my old clothes fit!

1 Like

I always gotta copy n paste but heres the thread: Show me your transformations!:

1 Like

How long did it take for everyone to see significant changes? I feel like I’m noticing a few positive things but I’m only on day 10.

1 Like

Have not lost my beer belly yet after over 2 years

1 Like

I be lost my beer belly and I’ve been told my face is thinner.:grin:

2 Likes

That’s different, some ppl see differences after one month, I saw differences after 4-6 months or so.

2 Likes

Are you eating more sugar that before? I noticed that effects me like crazy too.

2 Likes

Day 29 here from weekly binge drinking.

I have this dry patch on my face that flares up sometimes. It comes and go’s but seems to go quicker and I manage it with petroleum jelly. My face used to be puffed up the morning/day after but now it’s far more clearer. I have lost a couple of pounds and I still get the odd pain in my side but that’s only started yesterday. My hands are really dry at the moment, I am putting this down to a soap that I don’t usually use. Certain foods bloat me like tonight I had rice.

1 Like

Well, my face is no longer sunken in and I no longer look like I’m on the verge of death so that’s a plus. Furthermore I’m in the best shape of my life.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know when it happened it just appeared one day. I’m currently at 79 days but this isn’t my first go round. I noticed my skin changes this time last year and I would have been at about 30 days then. For my skin it wasn’t JUST not drinking though…I was also taking better care of myself both inside (diet and drinking water and taking vitamins) and outside (shea butter and rose hip oil).

2 Likes

Its taken me just shy of 5 months sobriety to really notice a difference in my appearence. Before I just looked like a junkie. Imagine a junkie. Thats what i looked like. I also looked quite homeless.

Now, Ive got colour back, still get the eye circles mostly down to fatigue and caffeine and cigarettes, I guess and oddly I havent gained any weight. But otherwise, im much healthier looking than I was

2 Likes

I don’t think I really see a difference in myself since I quit drinking. The weigh is staying out besides even changing my diet to low carb, but if I dig deep I look more consistent of a sober person than times of redness and puffiness in the face. Hopefully I’ll see more changes soon. It would be a big boost to keep going. Almost to day 50.

1 Like

At first I gained weight. I’m now down to where I want to be. Now I need to tone and put some more muscle on (personal choice).

Maybe its just in my mind but it feels like I heal faster if I get a cut. Could be I’m actually eating and getting the vitamins I should.

2 Likes

30 days for me, but I switched my obsession from drinking to health stuff… working out, supplements, etc. Depends on how well you take care of yourself after you quit.

6 Likes

I wish I could do that, I find myself eating more junk. Day 4 no drinking, so I will take it one thing at a time

1 Like

I’m definitely looking better, clearer skin, brighter eyes, better hair condition, I’m so much more happier with my looks

1 Like