How many days y'all? (Part 1)

Welcome Alex - thanks for sharing!!! you are absolutely killing it. Way to go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. You have no idea what that means to me. I am here because I am lacking support. I’m desperate for a sense of community of people like me. The person I am closest to doesn’t take my recovery seriously at all.

5 Likes

You have definitely come to the right place. I feel that this community has given me so much - the comfort, acceptance, love, advise and so much more.

I’m sorry that you are not getting the support you need from those closest to you. Many times, I family and friends do not grasp what we are facing and the hurdles we face when we do begin the sobriety train. You are among friends and we have so many people here with similar situations and at different stages of recovery.
Hope to see you around this app - :people_hugging:

2 Likes

For the longest time, I thought that simply not having people in my life who use was enough & yes, it kept me clean, however I feel so lonely.

6 Likes

You really are living a clean life - well done on gaining so many sober days! It is important to relieve yourself and your environment of toxity. It can be a lonely road if you dont fill those holes with like minded people
Do you go to any meetings? Ive heard thats a great way to meet people with similar values in real life. How about sober meet up groups? Are they available in your area?
You do now have a group of virtual friends in this community. Read around and jump in when you are ready.

4 Likes

Welcome Alex. Great numbers you got up above there. This is a great sober community lots of good support and the lights are always on. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
My home thread is Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3
I bet we can find room for one more.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Hello, everyone. I celebrated 29 years on April 9th.

13 Likes

64 days today! :rainbow:

9 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear this Alex :people_hugging:

Cutting people out of your life that use is a good thing to do for your recovery, but you do need to fill that void with friends that don’t. We are human, we still need to feel that connection to others.

We are really glad you came here to us, and really hope you stay! As others have said, it’s such a great community of people that genuinely care and want to support each other :slightly_smiling_face:

In your shoes, I’d check out local clubs and events going on. Meetup.com might also have sober events near you. Try new things, put yourself out there. Sure, it can be a bit nerve-wracking, but I’m sure once you’ve done initial meet and greets, you’ll wonder what you were worried about!

We are here for you anyway, and well done having such a great sober number!! :grin::tada::heart:

4 Likes

6 Likes

275 days no booze

7 Likes

Congrats on 29 years!!! Your one day at a time has resulted in 29 + years of solid recovery
download

3 Likes

Congrats that is great. Keep it up!

1 Like

I have started dabbling in meetings again & I’m working on making some sober friends to take this journey with. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’re almost at 3 decades! Absolutely magnificent. :unicorn: You are a true inspiration to us all, friend.

3 Likes

That’s super awesome - so glad to hear this today :hugs:

2 Likes

:pray:t2::butterfly::purple_heart::unicorn::heartbeat::sunflower::rainbow::peacock::sunrise_over_mountains::people_hugging:

2 Likes

20 days no weed
5 months 29 days no alcohol

So close to a solid mile stone

8 Likes

I just had my 4year

13 Likes

Welcome to the community Charles
4 years sober is amazing work!
images (1)

5 Likes