How many days y'all? (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from How many days y'all? (Part 1) - #2569 by Pandita.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

It’s day 752 for me and just made me think of my first Christmas sober. I had just started being sober on 1. December. It was really tough. Everyone else was drinking and looking back, I probably should have skipped the family celebrations and not make it extra hard for me. It was risky and if I had to decide again, I wouldn’t put me through the test again this early in sobriety. I had made the decision before the celebrations not to listen to that sweet talking voice in my head trying to convince me to have a glass. Not matter what the circumstances. I managed (crying in the bathroom, calling a friend and sitting at the kids table helped) and came out of this day with a great sense of accomplishment. Never want to go back to fighting that battle. Onward it is. :orange_heart:

27 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

I have been sober since the beginning of November and was beginning to question why I am putting myself through this at Christmas of all times.

I guess the greatest present that I can give everyone this year - myself included - is my sobriety.

Its good to hear that you can get through it and things do get better.

Congratulations to you on your strength and on your milestone… you are amazing.

16 Likes

Lots of days this is my 37 th sober xmas , everyone have a good one

27 Likes

So grateful for your share… hopefully it will be a much easier celebration for you this year. 752 days is remarkable :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Merryshoes on your 500 days! Keep that momentum going strong :muscle:

4 Likes

Woke up to this today!! Very excellent! I used to look at others who reached 500 days and think no way I can do this!

Big congrats to my sober pal @Merryshoes
Thanks for thinking of me on this GIANT milestone!
Have a great day all! ODAAT

18 Likes

1,548 days.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this holiday. I know that holidays can feel extremely lonely for us. If you feel alone, please stay here, with us. We love you. 🫶🏻✌🏻

12 Likes

Merry Christmas Alex. Great to see you checking in :people_hugging:
1548 days is amazing :muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

One week today, Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

15 Likes

1,550 days.

10 Likes

1,553 days.

11 Likes

Im 60 days today and feeling good and moving forward o e day at a time.

14 Likes

Way to go Liz! 2 months is amazing :muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

That’s absolutely incredible! Massive congratulations to you, thank you for sharing :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Day 541.
I was out running errands today, getting groceries, etc, to avoid going out tomorrow in the madness of New Years Eve. Had to chuckle as I drove past the liquor store parking lot - it was a shitshow, of course. Then I felt a flood of relief, and gratitude too - I hadn’t even thought of alcohol.
We really do recover.

Of course, I echo what @Pandita has so wisely expressed. (Thank you, friend. I lean on your posts and your journey. :pray:) At this stage of the game, I’m not triggered to be around alcohol, but I still don’t set myself up for too many tests.

So, tomorrow night is Sparking Water, Snacks, and Scrabble, prob checking in here, and maybe even an online Recovery Dharma meeting with my Sangha.
Onward indeed. :wink: :orange_heart:

12 Likes

1,554 days. Too depressed to even speak.

6 Likes

Hey Alex @XXIX I’m sorry to hear this, I’m here if you need an ear.

Your day count is inspiring to me, so thank you for posting…

Sending peace, love and positive vibes :raised_hands::sparkles::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

If you can type, I’ll listen. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Today aim 1824 days clean and sober. So happy and gratitude. :pray:t4::heart:

13 Likes