How many xanax bars to OD

Just wondering how many bars of xanax does it take to OD?

1 Like

You need to call a professional for help immediately. Asking a question of that nature on a sobriety forum is very concerning. I personally think taking any xanax at all is dangerous. If you have any left, discard them right away.

13 Likes

Hi @Jett is everything okay?

Crisis line in Canada:

tel:+18665850445

3 Likes

Lisa and @anon68572606 are absolutely correct. Discard your supply and call the Crisis Lifeline NOW.

4 Likes

We are just fellow addicts, helping each other, not professionals. If you have taken a lot of something yourself, you should get professional advice. Be well. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

If it was prescribed by a doctor, you should only take the amount that the doctor prescribed.
If you took what the doctor prescribed, but you feel like it was too much, then call the doctor or call the pharmacist and talk to them about it and don’t take that much again.

If you have gotten the Xanax somewhere other than a legitimate pharmacy, then you shouldn’t take any of it at all because you could unintentionally overdose because it could very likely have a lethal amount of fentanyl in it which could kill you.

If you are concerned that you have already taken too much, then go to an emergency room.

If you have taken some and are overly tired or lethargic then call 911 for help.

If you want to overdose on purpose, call 911 for help if in US.

Other crisis help numbers in many other countries.

You wrote your post two hours ago. Hope you’re all right.

5 Likes

Just found this post. Are you OK, Jett? Talk to us.

2 Likes

Hey guys, please dont judge but honestly i feel so fucking shit. My mental state is at a all time low. Im constantly over thinking and its damaging my relationship. Im from Australia by the way

4 Likes

Nice to meet you, Jett. I’m sorry you’re going through such a bad time right now. We are all here for you if you need to vent. Just fire away.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. There is lots of help for you particularly in getting off of substances or behaviors of choice that are harmful.

2 Likes

WilliamBloke - I would but im not the type to usually speak about my problems. Im more the type to help people

Alisa - Thankyou, id honestly love that… i only just relapsed after being over a year sobor

2 Likes

No one is judging, we have all been in bad places. :purple_heart:
But you need to need to check with a professional that you don’t need to go to hospital. If you are worried, call an ambulance, 000 in Australia right?
I’m a big over thinker too, so you are in good company. Relapsing after a good chunk of sobriety is very hard. Easy to torture yourself. But what is done is done, recovery is rarely linear. Just move forward.

8 Likes

I hate hospitals and im not worried it. I went through a horrible break up at the start of the year, caught my partner cheating so unfortunately i turned to anything that made me numb

6 Likes

Well, that is just awful. I can understand wanting to escape reality. But your problems will be waiting for you when the numbness wears off. What your partner did, says nothing about you, and everything about them. You have to think about what you want and focus on getting that.

3 Likes

It is what it is.

Many here are in situations similar to yours, not exact, but similar.

The majority here who have quit substances mostly agree that their problems, challenges, anxieties , feelings of worthlessness, powerlessness, depression, etcetera are more easily taken care of not under the influence of something.

They are grateful for their sobriety from whatever they are sober from, and feel like the sobriety is what gives them the power to deal with what they have to deal with.

I’m happy for you that you do have some sobriety time behind you, I’m sorry for the circumstances that made you feel like you needed to start again.

Hopefully you will find it in you to quit once again. There is lots of support here for that.

Overthinking can be brutal. If you are able to talk to a doctor about that it would be helpful. If not, then that’s the answer to that.

Sometimes just talking about what bothers you is very helpful in and of itself. Even if you do not get into the very specifics.

Again, welcome to the community.

There are many topics here that could be helpful for you.

One is the meditation thread where people are listening to meditations, etc. on the Insight Timer app, which is free.

Here is the link to that thread.
When your mind is busy overthinking consider listening to one of these. You can search with in the insight timer app for more specific to your circumstance meditations.

5 Likes

How are you doing @Jett? Did you get rid of them? They will only make life more miserable than it already is. Starting you’re journey from day 1 is very difficult but you have one of the best support systems right here at your fingertips. I know you can’t see it now but life will get better in time. Don’t let this slip drag you down the rabbit hole. Rooting for you buddy.

6 Likes

Hi Jett, im sorry to hear you are in pain. You need to find some support. You sound like the rugged individual type, but even the strongest of us need help now and again, we are social creatures. The fact you posted here tells me you know this too. I understand the healthcare system in Australia is pretty good, is there a mental health facility you can refer yourself to? Taking any xanax at all is a bad idea, it doesnt solve the problem and may just make your mental health worse in the long run. (I thought it was banned in Australia?). I hope youre doing okay Jett, keep us updated and stay strong.

3 Likes

How are you doing @Jett :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi Jai, i would like to send you some love and hugs and tell you that you matter to me and im sure many others, theres no judgement here we have all had our challenges and understand…im sorry youve had some horrible stuff to deal with, we are all here for you :heart: :people_hugging:

2 Likes