How to distract youself when you get the urge to do you addiction?

How to distract youself when you get the urge to do you addiction?

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome here at this plattform and congratulations to this very important first step - coming here and asking for help. You don’t have to struggle through this alone. What are you trying to get sober from, if I may ask?

When urges hit, I usually come here and write about it. Sharing and learning is my strategy to beat it. Maybe call a sober friend or hit a meeting, even online, is a good way to strengthen your commitment. I also found it very helpful to read more about the nature of my addiction and listen to what other peoples stories were like.

Other than that, I went out into nature and walked walked walked a lot, listening to podcasts and music.
Is there anything you like to enjoy doing?

2 Likes

I struggle from mastrubation

I see. I have a different addiction, however in a way all addictions work the same way. They hijack your reward system. So the deal is to find something that will replace the destructive behaviour. And second of all, find people to share. Addiction wants you isolated. There is a few threads on PMO, you can find with the search tool on the upper right. Also linking one here, but there is definately more.

Do you enjoy doing sports?