I am obese and a smoker. Very concerned about the Covid

What no one can tell through my texts is that I am morbidly obese. I weigh 467 lbs. and I have a 4 pack of day cigarette habit. I am one of those people who is at risk. The stress has caused me to eat more and smoke more. As I type this I am eating cupcakes and drinking diet coke, and sadly smoking cigarettes.

Anyone have any advice?

4 Likes

Shouldnt this be in the seeking help section then? J/k, bro. I’m not sure if I have any advice that you will actually follow. Just stuff like, cut the carbs, eat more proteins and fats, get up and walk more (starting with 6000 steps a day), brush your teeth more, stop going out of your house.

1 Like

Quick solution:
Sugar is No good for immunity, can you replace sugary things with something else?
Stay hydrated, skip/reduce caffeine containing fluids cause they are diuretic. Increase other non sugary fluids
Isolate

1 Like

For Covid, the CDC has good advice you can follow, more information here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

For health advice, your doctor is best to talk to. They might recommend smoking cessation and/or changes to your diet and/or exercise. Given the current situation, this may have to wait a bit if your condition is not urgent.

If you want help stopping the cigarettes or changing your eating habits, tell us more about that part and we can help.

1 Like

Well thank you ifs. When stressed I crave meatloaf and Marlboros

1 Like

Yes I would. Not sure who would love this fat man who loves food and smoking…

1 Like

I lost my teeth 4 years ago. I wear ill fitted dentures. So I am unsure how brushing my teeth should help.

This is sound advice. Thank you

There are others here who can relate and offer tips. A good place to start would be using the search feature to find threads about smoking and controlling food urges. Many experiences have been shared already and questions answered.

2 Likes

No prob. Lots of love :hugs:

1 Like

Yikes!!! I average around 3,000. :flushed: I will now go for a walk :grimacing::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you ifs I will seek out past responses. However unique I think I am (I am sure I exist on the edge of the spectrum however) I know that I am not.

2 Likes

I tried walking 30 steps and now going to take a naps.

3 Likes

From my understanding people over eat for a reason. Just like me drinking to excess. I didn’t drink because I liked it, I drank so I didn’t feel uncomfortable in certain situations as well as to hide all of my pain.
Why do think you are over eating?
Are you hungry? Scared? Stressed? Trying to keep people away? Bored?

There are many reasons people struggle with food.
we are here to help with any addiction.
Let us know what you need right now.

3 Likes

One step at a time :wink:

3 Likes

To quit smoking I used Quitnet.com 13 years ago and that worked. I also used Chantix.

That link does not work so I think they shut down. My friend has a group of Facebook called Smoking Going Gone. He really has the mental part of smoking down. Tell him birdmom1 sent you.

The idea was to help neutralize the flavor of your mouth. You could also mouthwash frequently.

2 Likes

Yes, quitnet shut down at the beginning of the year, sad…they were instrumental when I quit years ago. A very welcoming community with lots and lots of tips and tricks for smoking cessation.

2 Likes

My step goal is 6,000 steps :slight_smile: . When I up it to 10,000 steps :slight_smile: I more easily maintain weight. Walking is the best exercise to recommend for starting a weight loss program that will work.

• @Mephistopheles it comes from me working with money lol one time I forgot to wire over a million dollars, clearly I am very good at my job
3 Likes