I could cry

Oh my yes I can see where that would be very difficult early in. You can definitely do this! Good plan.

Oh my god!! I’m home. I did it. Here comes day 15. This is though

22 Likes

Nicely done! Congrats on that tough hurdle. You got this :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

I knew you could! Nice work!

2 Likes

Proud of you 🩷

2 Likes

Well done! You made it through.
I am also 15 days today :grinning:

2 Likes

That really is a huge accomplishment. I hope you take time to give yourself credit for it… also, i would consider trying to get a new job, i dont think i would even survive now, being 5 years AF if i had that job lol. Great work, keep it going :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks so much everyone. I’m safe in bed. I can not believe I made it. So looking forward to tomorrow. Being able to drive safely and getting stuff done. I’ll need to plan that I stay home most evenings for now until I can overpower the voice in my head. Thank you so much… your words really did help. Xx

8 Likes

Wow, it’s nice to hear from you.

2 Likes

Come back on here when it’s tough mate accountability is really important xx

1 Like

Congratulations on your 2 weeks! Sorry that pesky addiction is haunting you. How did you make out yesterday?
We are here with you…lean on the community when you feel the strong urges. You are not alone. Not picking up that first one is key.:people_hugging::muscle:t4:

Just read that you made it to bed safely and sober …be proud of yourself! That’s an amazing accomplishment

2 Likes

Thank you. The worst cravings today. I spent all afternoon fighting them. I got through but the skin of my teeth. I’m not sure I can keep this up. It consumed every second… i had myself convinced i could just get one bottle. I exhausted all this constant fighting. Will the day come when it’s gone…

1 Like

I’m sorry the day was so hard. It most definitely will get easier. Everytime you resist the urges and find another way to cope with the stress is a moment win and sober muscles gained.

I spent so much time here reading the threads and checking in on the Checking in daily to maintain focus #69. Thread Or practicing gratitude to change up my mindset on the Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7 thread…

Do not give in - just think that getting through today means you or that much further from day 1. I do hope you start to feel better soon :pray:t4:

1 Like

I love that “sober muscles”. I thought about this group, I thought about being sick, I thought about how good I felt today, I thought is it really fun drinking on my own, I thought about my 5year old and not being around for him, I thought about waking up and enjoying breakfast and then I felt very mad that I have a drink problem. I got home as quick as I could. As I put the key in the door the thought this will happen again tomorrow… I really hope sober muscles is true. It does make sense. I do r
emember listening to a woman on a podcast before saying it took her a year.

2 Likes

Nice to see you’re still on here too. I hope all is well

2 Likes

Wow, cool to read this thread and see it ended in success! ODAAT!!! :heart:

1 Like

Check out and join our gratitude list @LadyHatt you’ve got really good insight into the things you want don’t want and the things you have in life . By being grateful and reading others gratitude helps me enormously and keeps me humble :+1:

1 Like

Sober muscles are most definitely a thing and you my friend are gaining them every day you abstain from the addiction.
I know for me I had to change up my routines and keep my mind and body busy at all times (i’m sure you have no trouble with that with a 5 year old at home).

I try to see this disease as a blessing (as crazy as that sounds) cause otherwise I may have continued to slowly poison myself in the name of “having fun”. Now we are finding ourselves, learning to live life without the pink cloud and haze and heal ourselves inside and out.

Everyone has a different timeline on how long the withdrawals take and how long it takes to re-wire the brain so you don’t crave alcohol as your go to substance when you need escape. Just know that it does not last forever. You are healing now which you would not be able to do if you were drinking so that is a win.
Stay strong my friend – you are doing great :muscle:

2 Likes

You are experiencing being uncomfortable for a few seconds or minutes, not latching onto it with thoughts that it will be like this forever, getting through to the other side and getting on with your business.

Discomfort won’t last very long and it is tolerable. That’s changing the old catastrophic thinking and/or the old impulse to immediately fix it. We shrink from pain and grasp after pleasure. That’s human. And alcoholics are just like everyone else, only more so.

3 Likes

:100:, couldn’t agree more!

1 Like