I don't know what to do

I’m going to use after 5 days and I don’t want to

6 Likes

Dont do it, it’s so much harder to stop again if you do, it’s not worth it.

6 Likes

Spend your time, money and effort getting to a meeting right now. If you don’t want to use, a fellowship meeting is a good safe place to be.

8 Likes

Don’t do it. No matter if you feel like it or no, throw your weight behind recovery.

Read some books. Listen to survivor stories podcasts. And get your ass to a meeting.

Resources for our recovery

You but only you can do this!

5 Likes

Don’t do it. Just give it another day. These feelings although they are powerful they tend not to last that long. And remember they are only a thought. You don’t want to go back and start again. Please keep in touch!

4 Likes

I didn’t do it… passed out thankfully… hard night

9 Likes

For next time. 24/7

10 Likes

Proud of you :clap:
It’s worth trying out that meeting also, keep your mind on the right path :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Glad to hear you pulled it through, you can be proud for not giving in.

3 Likes

Its 100% a choice. It may not feel like it, but it is. Choose to use…or choose to: live on here, choose to find an AA/NA/SMART/recovery dharma meeting, choose a long walk, choose the gym

Choose anything but using

5 Likes

Stay strong . I know it’s definitely easier said than done, but in the end it’s definitely worth it and the more you resist it the stronger you will become.

1 Like

Ty so much!

1 Like

I do this already… every month… for a year… to prove I’m “strong”… then “reward” myself with “just one day”… it’s fucking pathetic… I’m so weak…

You’re not weak, you’re fighting an opponent that can’t be beat. You still think you have some kind of power or control over your addiction. Stop fighting and surrender. Surrender to the fact you are not going to be able to pick up today have a little and be content.if you can’t have 1 without having 10 then there’s really no point having one today. Tommorow have 20 but just not today.

2 Likes

I feel that… and then, like now, I’ll take off 5 days…BAM, I’m amazing…Use… take off 3…ok, another reward…shit… don’t feel great, maybe take again… etc…
etc… EVERY… FUCKING… MONTH… How am I strong, when I can’t win? I can fight, but I can’t defeat it… How can I allow myself to lose? Like I’m in a unwinnable war… Like I’ve stepped to the plate and there is no alternative but striking out… I keep stepping arrogantly and stubbornly expecting to win…“I’m strong enough to dabble”… at this point it’s an insane pride thing…

1 Like

By sticking with the winners. Always go to other people for help, go to a meeting online or face to face, make that your first choice instead of picking up. You cannot be left alone with your own thoughts, they lie, your best thinking has only ever got you wasted. Listen to the people that know and understand you. They want you to be sober and want nothing in return apart from some honesty and humility. Surrender to the fact you know nothing about sobriety and start doing what other long term sober people do.

1 Like

DEFINITELY out here trying…TY

2 Likes

No it’s not your just selfish, we all are in addiction. The only reason I’m clean and sober today is bc I stopped doing everything I wanted as I’m such a deserving person :wink:and I started thinking what I could do for others. If you come on here next time you want to pick up and talk to someone who is struggling it takes you mind off yourself.

Right now you are keeping me sober. Thank you :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I appreciate your time, your advice and personal struggle, but I guess I would ask how self determination, without hurting anyone but myself, would be considered selfish… Just asking it I feel it to be a typical self- righteous question but please… Inform me…TY

1 Like