I drank and I'm upset about it

Dude I agree with your entire post and I would even say kudos for your self honesty and looking at yourself with this clear, brutally clear gaze - MINUS the last paragraph! There is it again. The self pity. I’m the worst. I am shit. I’m a piece of shit the world revolves around.

Stay here. Do the work. You have got what it takes.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t let me delete my post. Thanks for trying to help. It’s nice to her from people who understand. But I can’t trust anyone enough to let them know. I’ve tried that and been burned. Thanks, but I don’t plan on revisiting this post. I really do appreciate it though.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Why would you delete it?

1 Like

You’ve learned a valuable lesson here. Recognizing that you were only making excuses is great moving forward. Now you know what you’re really up to when you start down this path again. Now you just need to figure out how you’ll handle it before it happens

Do not go. Providing support is what we’re here for. We don’t just support the perfect people…especially since none of us are perfect.

:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Hey. We are all addicts here which means that we’ve all been where you are and we all want you to succeed. We can’t take the pain or regret away but we could walk with you through it. Take my hand if you need it. Stay safe. :heart:

3 Likes

You’re not an asshole or a prick just an alcoholic like the rest of us dust off you’re shoulders and get you’re ass back to work you are worth it. I’m training myself to not even joke about drinking or using because some told me a joke turned into a 15 year run. Stay blessed fam we love you.:blue_heart:

4 Likes

That’s exactly what your addiction wants you to do… isolate so you’re weaker.

This right here is nothing more than “poor me, poor me, pour me another drink mentality”. You are not a worthless, prick, fucker but addiction is. Try and be kind to yourself, learn from the slip up. Best wishes to you

6 Likes

I hear everything you’re saying. When I relapse I feel worthless and I don’t come back for a while. I figure if I have to start my day count over again I might as well get my moneys worth first. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You’re welcome to come back already if you want!!

3 Likes

This is actually the exact type of place to be.

5 Likes

I said it because I have done the same thing many times. I felt like I would have written that post a few years ago.

And I’ve also hated myself for it many times. Its a vicious cycle. It will get worse before it gets better if you keep drinking.

Keep coming back! Its worth it! Your worth it!

4 Likes

New day today. You have re set the clock. Try and transfer the feelings you have into staying sober just for today. A Slight
Lapse
In
Progress
Is only an excuse for a relapse if you let it be. You have had a slip it’s your choice to leave it there and learn or use it as an excuse to relapse. Let how you feel be a reason to not pick up a drink today. Draw on your sober experience and reasons for not drinking to choose a slight lapse in progress over a full on relapse and more regret.

2 Likes

Kind of funny that you can’t delete the post.
Hope your reading this.
Pretty sure everyone reading this including myself know exactly how you feel.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies are new every morning. We came to believe in in a power greater than ourselves who could restore our lives to sanity.

2 Likes

Im back. At home. Miserable. Coming off the binge from the last few days. Sick, shaky, puking tense and panicking.

Wish I had people to talk to. Wish I had a valium.

How can you tell a hangover from withdrawal? I was sober for a month before drinking Thursday. I’ve had withdrawals before several times but sometimes I think we’ll it’s probably just a bad hangover, cuz I’ve only been drinking for a few days

I don’t know.

2 Likes

Being healthy after being sick takes time, rest, and following advice (about how to stay healthy).

You’ve been sick (drinking poison).
You are sick from the poison.
You need to get healthy and stay healthy. There’s good advice on that above.

Hit up a meeting and start there: www.AA.org or

1 Like

Talk to us :purple_heart:. For now, just dig deep and get over the physical unpleasantness. Half melted ice-cream was always good for me when I was hungover. Then when you feel better get cracking on a sobriety plan. What can you do differently this time?

3 Likes

Remember this…Progress not perfection.

You’ve admitted what happened. Now pick yourself up. Dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Nobody is perfect. Recovery is a journey. And on journeys you can end up stumbling along the way. The fact that you want to be sober is what counts.
Prayers to you friend. You can do this.
:pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Pretty sure none of us quit once and never looked back. If so this community would not exist. My counter is a mess with resets but the cool part is watching that one slice grow. Forgive yourself, learn something and move forward.

3 Likes

Detox the poison
Remember this feeling just enough to really not want to feel it again.
Use this as an opportunity to get your support system in place so you can pick up the phone next time your tempted to pick up " a drink"

1 Like

I have recently had a very similar situation. I had just passed 6 months of sobriety and found myself making all the excuses I could that I could have a drink. Well I did drink for a couple of days and felt like crap. I am on day 3 of being sober now and am getting passed beating myself up, and using positive thoughts. Best of luck and hang in there.

4 Likes

6 months is cool

3 days is Awesome.