I fell off the wagon

Hey y’all,
Relapse yesterday and im back at day 1… my house is a mess… I wanna be back on my sober path.: i gotta deal with court next week for being a witness in a victim incident… So today is focusing on cleaning the house and getting my things together!! And tonight ill cook a healthy meal for supper… i fell off the wagon but i wont stay down… getting on the wagon again… happy sober day to everyone

12 Likes

Good to see you Judy, one day at a time.

What are you going to change this time? Do you have a meeting you can attend?

3 Likes

Im dealing with stress and yesterday Without thinking i let my emotions get the best of me!!! I went towards alcohol… and i even did some drugs… i feel like complete shit… all night i had hot flash… im so mad at myself… but today i wont let it get the best of me!!! I will clean my mess in my house, do some laundry and figure something healthy for supper, for me and my son tonight!! I will spend time with him and be gratefull i have him by my sife… i would live to join a AA meeting!! I never know witch one… any advise? !

You are not the first, nor the last. However, this can be the last time for you. Meetings? Support?

You deserve a sober life.

3 Likes

Do you know any meetings i could use? I never know witch one

1 Like

You mentioned alcohol and drugs, so I think na and aa might help you. There’s also meetings organized by a group of people on TS, they are informal and for a big part it’s just chatting, but if you have a serious topic you want to bring up, you will get serious responses.

1 Like

Hej young lady, let’s take the next step on our road. It’s not easy when life swaps over you, I experienced it, too. With the help of others knowing this road it’s much easier. A hug for you and your son,:heart:

1 Like

The only thing that matters is joining one; each meeting has its own feel and you can “shop around” & try different ones. The key thing is attending.

Don’t be shy about bringing your son if you want. People in recovery are parents too and I say it’s good for kids to see their parents facing the challenge.

There’s some links here:
Online meeting resources

Your “addict voice” will try to trick you: “you’ve been good, you’ve got it, a couple drinks is no biggie”; “I need something to calm me down”; etc etc. We all know it.

Stand firm. Even if you have to create a thread here and post every few minutes to get through. Even if you have to join another meeting. Even if you have to bake 100 cookies, more cookies than you could ever eat, just to keep yourself busy. Take baths, watch Netflix, whatever - and then when your head hits the pillow sober, you’ve won today.

It will be hard at first. It gets easier with practice. Take it one day at a time.

You’re a good person and a good mother Judy. You deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. :innocent:

5 Likes

The other thing - and this is more of a deeper thing, for when you get a little more sober perspective - is there’s something you’re running from with all this drinking and drugging.

Addiction is escape. At some point you decided drinking and drugs let you escape something; it made you feel good in a way you weren’t getting in your life. Then you got trapped in it.

As you walk your sober path and work your program you will unpack that. It’s important to do that for sobriety to stick.

5 Likes

I kept falling off the wagon too, my first round of sobriety. I let the thought of alcohol lurk in the back of my mind, like a reward almost. Thinking to myself, someday, when I’ve stopped for long enough, I can go back to it. Do you know where that got me? Drunk, crying, unable to sleep, with hot flashes, begging for anything to take away my addiction to alcohol so I could be a better person.
This time, I fully realize it’s not a reward. The feelings I was running from will still be there, even if I drink the alcohol, so why do it, I KNOW it’s going to make me feel worse in the end. I haven’t done a meeting yet, but I’ve been reading sober books, and taking this really seriously.
You mention you’re a Mom. So am I, to two wonderful kiddos, and I can tell you, the feeling I get from spending time with them playing, reading, even watching TV, is 100% better than any drink I’ve had.
So you fell off the wagon. Hop back on, you can do this. :blush:

6 Likes

You know the drill. Get back on the wagon. You know you want this. It’s not a crash and burn. Just a stumble. We are pulling for you!

1 Like

How far allong aee you in your sobriety? What are the books you read?? I see myself in your sobriety story!! I think i coule benefits on how you do it!!! Im so happy your sober and thank you for sharing this with me

1 Like

A true Insight. Just what I needed now. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I am 20 days today. :blush: I have been reading the book by Allen Carr, How to Stop Drinking Now. Really puts things into perspective, about why we think alcohol is a reward that we deserve. I really feel like it’s all about your mindset. Once you come to that realization that the drugs/alcohol is actually making things worse, it makes it easier to stay away from them. You’re very welcome, I am always here to share my experiences with others, if it helps them!

4 Likes

I am glad I can help. Have a wonderful Saturday :blush:

2 Likes

Goggle AA meetings near me. Most places will have a running list of meetings that are going on.

2 Likes

I’m new here and I need help.

2 Likes

I was 15days sober when i relapse!! So this time ill buy that book! Ill check on amazon! And ill take this more serious! I never wanna relapse again

1 Like

Whats going on?? Are you okay?