I’m done with this ce

My buddy dad died on a Harley drunk. Never got to see his 4 granddaughters.

1 Like

I say lucky. Also halfway smart most of the time. I always ubered and rarely drove after ever drinking. But I did hang out on the middle of 100 acres and ride all kind of other stuff lol. So yea I’ve been lucky I reckon. Been lucky with my health more than anything.

4 Likes

Me too. Lucky with my health. It will run out though. No question.

2 Likes

Seeing this picture makes me so thankful that I wasn’t injured during my wreck. And even MORE thankful that I didn’t hurt anyone else in the process (physically at least).

2 Likes

Man struggling a little today. Wanting to have fun on this Thursday. Letting thoughts creep back into my head. Little devil trying to convince me it’s alright

3 Likes

That happens. That motherf*cker is a liar. He’s like that sneaky person who talks all the seemingly good stuff and makes it look so good and makes you blind to the way this car is rusty, and the odometer is rolled back, and the wheels are bald, and the engine’s on its last legs…

This car (alcohol) is woorthlessss :angry:

Find yourself a safe place to be where you can share the thoughts and get it out of your head. That voice in the head is the hard part. Get it out and you’ll see it’s separate from you, it is not a part of you.

Share here, share on checkin maybe

Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

Share in a sobriety group online - there’s groups 24 hours a day and a group is always a safe sober place Online meeting resources

Kick that lying asshole to the curb. You are in charge, not him. :muscle:

2 Likes

I have a rule that helps me:

You’re allowed to do anything that’s safe and legal, to stay sober.

Cancel plans? Yes. Eat cake for dinner? Yes. Go to an amusement park and ride rollercoasters? Yes. It’s all fair game. The one priority, is to stay healthy and clean. :+1:

8 Likes

Zach, play the tape forward. What would this “fun” look like? What would happen? And what would happen afterward? How would you feel tomorrow if you drank tonight?

Think of Tomorrow Zach. How can you do right by that guy? He deserves a good day tomorrow.

You can do this.

2 Likes

Appreciate it guys. I’m not gonna give in. It wouldn’t be worth it. About 3 pm to 6 is the toughest time a day for me. Wish I could just go to sleep and wake up tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Yes. I think I will have a chocolate milkshake. (I had one last night too) lol

4 Likes

Matt you are the sober time ninja. And I appreciate that

2 Likes

Sounds delicious :yum:

Maybe share here? Milkshakes are definitely a food :innocent:

Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON’T GO BACON MY HEART!

1 Like

What’s going to hard also is in 2 weeks I have a week beach trip…. Boy that’s gonna be the test. Hopefully strong enough by then

3 Likes

What would happen if you didn’t go on the trip?

1 Like

It’s paid for sooooo I guess lose a couple grand

2 Likes

Then 3 weeks after that I have a business conference at another beach.

2 Likes

My kids have been counting down the days. No way I could let them down. I’ll just have to be super strong.

3 Likes

Ok. Lose a couple grand. That’s a bite out of the wallet but it is something that can be survived. (That’s assuming it’s totally impossible to get it back - I don’t know obviously but sometimes tour companies are open to offering credits or transferring the trip to another person, who could pay you for it)

What about the business trip? What if you kept a carbonated water with you the entire time? Something like a lemon soda, something refreshing. If you already have a drink in your hand people won’t be tempted to offer you one.

Another thing is just to excuse yourself early, maybe say you have a headache, etc. Go back to your room and get room service, or maybe go for a walk or something.

What if you did that?

3 Likes

I understand. Sorry I sent the text above before reading rhis

2 Likes

Still though - hmmm. It’s interesting with kids.

Brainstorm question: what would happen if you explained to the kids that you need some help, and you are trying to change something, and you will feel safer if the trip is changed?

Maybe a trip to go camping. Or rent an RV?

1 Like