I think I totally fucked up

So I walked into this pawn shop today and I had been thinking about contacting my ex and there was a song playing that is so rare to hear and that was one that only she and I know about. The song is called Sign of the times by Harry stiles. I talked to a friend about signs and he said go for it. So I messaged her this

“ So I walked into a store today and Sign of the times by Harry Stiles was playing and it reminded me of you so I thought I’d say hi and I hope you’re doing well.”

I am shaking so fucking bad right now, I’m so scared. I am taking positive chances in my life like trying things that I never thought were possible and I thought I would take a chance and try reaching out to her. I feel so broken right this second I feel like I’m doing to explode inside. I feel tears starting to well up and I’m scared. I fucked up and I’m scared…

12 Likes

i wouldnt say you fucked up. the worst she can do is not reply or ask you to leave her alone. which is all ok, bc people move on and need to grow. are you contacting her bc you’re still in love with her?

4 Likes

Absolutely head over heels in love with her.

2 Likes

Hey man do you. Has she messaged you back on any of your other attempts? Im proud of you for taking chances, but in all honesty you still have alot of healing and loving on yourself first that you need to attend, the roller coaster ride isn’t over yet man. Don’t put unnecessary stress on you, relationship is the last thing on my mind and I’m a little over 8 months. I still can barely love myself

7 Likes

ok, well that definitely is a solid reason to contact her. what are you scared of?

2 Likes

Thanks Mike and no she’s never responded to anything in the past when I’ve written her. I just thought it was a sign with that song and everyone knows how much I’ve been struggling with not contacting her. I’m totally not ready for a relationship but I thought it was a sign.

3 Likes

And it very well could be man. But sometimes we believe in are higher power is showing us signs, and it’s just are expectations. Ive had alot of it happen to me too. It still didn’t hurt to try bro, that’s not what I’m saying. I get it when you love someone man I really do. Maybe some how just keeping showing her however you can that your bettering yourself.

4 Likes

I don’t know for sure lol. I’m scared that she still hates me and will say horrible things to me and I’m also scared because she was dating someone right after she dumped me and it says she’s single now and I guess I feel foolish but shit I followed my heart on this one. We were together for 14 months and were set to get married this Saturday October 10th. I had a lot of issues but I’m nowhere near the man I was back then and I hope she will see that and maybe give us a chance to talk about what happened.

1 Like

That’s a great point Mike about seeing what we want to see and I’ve gotten myself in lots of trouble because of that lol. This one was just so bizarre. I’m thinking that our higher power always wants what’s best for us and either way there’s going to be good that comes out of this even if she ignores me or calls me a bunch of names. I’ve been holding on so long I hope my higher power will go easy on me if it wasn’t a sign from him. Mike thank you so much bro for being here and helping me. One of the things like you said is that if she did look at my Facebook page there is nothing but consistent positive changes and progress that I’ve made that she will see. Thanks again bro :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s tough coming up on an anniversary like that - or, what would have been an anniversary. There’s nothing to be scared of. Words are simply words and you know you’re not going to stalk her, etc. You just made a big romantic gesture. So what? Life is built on big romantic gestures. And I know because you’re here and a model for us new kids that you will have a sober plan for whatever the outcome, whether that’s celebration or rejection. Please keep us posted.

1 Like

My advice would be stop over thinking, exs are exactly that an ex, did you feel she still wanted to be with you? Is your message gona upset her world and life all questions you need to ask yourself if these question haven’t been looked at then it’s all wonder ifs buts and maybes, are you sure your not just projecting what you want into people places and things like songs??? I really hope it works out and it both something you want. Xx

1 Like

Awwww thanks @Figgie I really appreciate that. Yes nothing ventured nothing gained and you are right, sobriety is everything to me regardless of what happens. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yeah I need to let it go, the message had been sent and it’s out in the universe now. I acted based upon what I thought was a sign without thinking. The greatest achievements I’ve ever had were based on taking a chance to see what happens rather than wonder for the rest of my life. That song was so out of the norm to hear randomly playing. Thanks @Lilemm

1 Like

Make sure you’re working on your recovery for yourself. I’ve seen you mention a few times that you’d like for her to see that you’re better now. I’m just saying prioritize getting better for yourself and not to prove something another person.

I hope I’m not overstepping here. Let me know if I am. I get that it’s emotional right now, but it might be best to steer clear of the relationship stuff for a bit.

6 Likes

On my opinion there is nothing wrong with a simple message like that. Its the gratification that we seek for our actions that gets the best of us.

You did what you set out to do, you said hello and you wished her well. The rest you can not control.

4 Likes

Hey Rob!

I recall a thread similar I saw a few weeks ago when I logged on that I believe was from you about signs with your ex. :heart:

Something that I wanted to mention as I too use cards and pay attention to the universal signs is that sometimes they are meant to bring us awareness of what we need to heal within us. For me, co-dependency was another issue of mine I discovered in recovery. Once I found a way to just focus on my own recovery, spiritual connection and self-growth, everything shifted and exactly what I wanted in my life (and more) arrived via divine timing as I did the work.

Dont be disheartened if you don’t hear back, just keep doing the great things you are and all will work out EXACTLY as it should. The more you discover self love and healing, the better it gets and the more space opens up for healthy connections. Good luck! :heart:

7 Likes

You’re not overstepping at all @anon28001181 I really appreciate everyone’s help with this. You’re absolutely right and I have been doing recovery for myself I just haven’t been able to shake the thought of her. I need to be careful and stay focused on school and sobriety. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Thank you @Bubonicphoniks it is what it is now.

Thank you @MandiH that means a lot about signs that show you what you need to heal from. I guess either way the Universe is going to teach me a lesson through this. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I just think it can get dicey if we don’t get the reactions we’re hoping for. It can be a let down, which is rough to deal with in early recovery.

I’m also saying this, because I’ve made the mistake myself.

4 Likes