I'm A Newcomer

Hi all. I’m not really sure why I’m here other than I know that I need to be. I know I have almost zero self-control when it comes to alcohol. It’s very easy for me to forget how much I’ve had and then it all creeps up on me at once and I black out. I am feeling so bad about how drunk I got and how sick I was all day today. I guess I just need to know that it gets better, that it won’t always be like this. I really hate myself right now.

11 Likes

Welcome to group community

2 Likes

Welcome you’re where you need to be the right place don’t hate yourself, you’ll be alright it just takes time. Take care, Peace.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Glad your here!

3 Likes

I’m new, too. It’s only been a few days that I’ve been here but I do find it helpful.

6 Likes

Welcome onetoomany! You did the right thing getting on here and reaching out!!! We are all familiar with the frustration and self loathing that comes with this terrible addiction! Today is my one week sober and I have to tell you that having a few sober days feels so so soooo good! Please utilize this community and give yourself a chance!

4 Likes

Welcome Nadia!

2 Likes

It definitely can get better. You can make this the last time u ever have to feel this way. Welcome, and look forward to seeing more of you.

4 Likes

Welcome all newcomer to the group

3 Likes

Welcome Nadia.
This is a great place to get support for addiction. I couldn’t get and be sober without support. Have a good read around here. There are lots of great caring people here that can offer support. Here are a couple of good threads to check out if you like.

I hope to see you around.
It does get easier. But it will take work.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hey there, just joined the forum today but been sober for 1,5 year, a had them same feelings of self hate, when I hit the beers, but know you are in the right place, an it one step at the time…
Love the person I am now, don’t have to constantly apologize around me, for things I forgot or fucked up…
Find new things to fill the void, music, art, coffee, cars whatever, just nerd something new :):slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Onetoomany! Welcome! This is the last time you ever have to feel like this. Go steady with yourself. Alcohol addiction is hard and the self loathing is awful. You are a good person and you deserve to be sober! What I would suggest is writing down how you feel right now. Write a letter to yourself about it all! How much you drink, the sneaky drinks, the embarrassment having done or said something bad when sozzled, THE HANGOVERS, write it all down, every last painful bit. Then put the letter somewhere handy so that you can read it when the addict voice says,”oh… you’re fine Nadia. You don’t have a problem, you can have just one. You’re imagining that you can’t drink alcohol anymore… have one, it’s sunny out, you’ve had a good day, it’s a friggin day ending in a Y”!!! I wrote to myself 605 days ago and I have only had to read it once(so far) and it stopped my craving in its tracks (and made me cry…boy was I stuck in that cycle :pensive:) this place is amazing and you must reach out when ever you just need to know you’re not alone. We have all been on day 1 but I promise you, with hard work, you never have to go back to day 1 again! Drink plenty of water, rest best you can and above all, go easy on you. Thank you for being here with us. Together we can walk this sober road :pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes