I'm back again after deleting this app šŸ˜”

Well done for coming back! Keep sticking to it, keep trying. You can do this!x

2 Likes

Definitely not ready to give up. It was my husbands birthday. We went out. It was a big group of 12 of us and i let temptation take over. It was stupid. But i am definitely trying now. Iā€™m fine when Iā€™m home. I have no desire whatsoever to drink. Its when Iā€™m in a big social setting that Iā€™m tempted.

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:t2:

Okay, so you know where your weak point is.

Youā€™re going to need to avoid social situations until you are strong enough to handle being in the same place as drinkers. If youā€™re really ready to do this, you have got to commit to it. Otherwise you will be on and off here every single time the others say they are going out. There is no law against you staying back, you are attending these things by choice. Youā€™re choosing to put your sobriety in jeopardy every time you give in to going to nights out, barbeques, etc. Etc. There is always going to be a reason Roxy.

Before you go out next time, do one thing for yourself. Read your journal, and read your posts here. if you still want to go out and drink after doing that, then youā€™re not as ready to quit as you think you are.

4 Likes

You are 100% right. Iā€™m reading my journals now and they are crazy. I forget the feeling once i havenā€™t messed up in a while. I need to read them more often. Thank you. :pray:t2:

4 Likes

This is such helpful advice. It helped me a lot to keep a list on my phone of why I am not drinking anymore. And when I would think, oh just one, I would force myself to read my listā€¦it helped so much.

Hope you are doing well @Binx and @Roxy6

If interested, here is some of my listā€¦those who have been around awhile, feel free to ignoreā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I really needed to see this, and nodded my way through it all. Thank you for sharing your list Sassy :heart:

2 Likes

Glad it resonated. :people_hugging:

1 Like

It helped me a lot in early days and I hope it is a tool you can also use. Glad you are here @Binx. Keep fighting. :heart:

1 Like

I could really relate to a lot on your list Sassy, so Iā€™m sure I will come back to it again and again. Thank you for that, and Iā€™m glad to be back :heart::people_hugging:

2 Likes

I drank last night. I actually have been drinking again. I feel horrible. I needed to read this. I donā€™t want to feel like this anymore. I donā€™t know how to stop :cry:

2 Likes

The only way I know how to stop is not to keep alcohol in the house, to not have that first drink, to find ways to distract me in early days, weeks, monthsā€¦maybe meetings? Maybe coming on here more? Maybe long walks?

You are here and reaching out, that is good. You know you want to stop. Take it one second at a time and each second commit to not drinking. It isnā€™t easy, but it is and you are 100% worth it. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Hi Roxy! Iā€™m a newbie here, but Iā€™m glad you came back. I think a lot of us are familiar with tumbling off the wagon repeatedly. My hope is that you find the strength to get back up, dust yourself off and climb back on! :muscle:t3: You got this!!! If itā€™s any help, I wonā€™t drink with you today! :heart:

1 Like

Yes. I think i need to get on here more. The funny thing is i have bottles of tequila up in my pantry. I havenā€™t touched them. I went out last night and i drank beer. I donā€™t drink at home. Itā€™s the going out that gets me every time. Iā€™m going to make it a point to get on here every day.

1 Like

Yes. Letā€™s not drink today, tomorrow or the next day or ever again. I hate this feeling. I need to get on here every morning and read my journals. That helped before and i stopped.

As addicts the world talks down on us enough. I suggest not joining the bunch. We make mistakes. Itā€™s OK. We didnā€™t fail. We fell. The failure would be never making it back. So take it a day at a time. Sometimes 5 minutes at a time. Get to a meeting (I suggest in person). Be honest with yourself. Open minded to suggestions and willing to make a change. Welcome back! You can do it!

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m embarrassed to go to a meeting in person. My husband is the kind of person that would see it as a weakness. I have to do this on my own.

I canā€™t promise never again. Iā€™m just a human sack of flesh and bone with an addict brain that has let me down thousands of times. The minute I start looking at my sobriety as never again the monkey on my back gets too big and I give in. For me, itā€™s a fools errand. Before I know it, Iā€™m bouncing through the dust behind the wagon. I donā€™t tuck and roll, I crash hard and bounce. So I will commit to today. I even feel pretty good about tomorrow, but Iā€™ll check back in with you tomorrow morning about that!

I hope signing on in the mornings and reading your journals will help! Come on over to the checking in daily thread, itā€™s been helpful for me. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m new and on mobile so I canā€™t figure out how to link the thread here or I would. It usually stays pretty close to the top of the threads, so should be easy to find. Hereā€™s to a sober Sunday! :heart:

2 Likes

Ooofā€¦ thatā€™s tough! Iā€™m sorry you are feeling judgement from your husband. My husband wouldnā€™t do meetings, but luckily heā€™s supportive of me giving it a go! I couldnā€™t imagine trying to get sober if he shamed me for trying! I know Iā€™ve had to change my perspectiveā€¦ I need to get sober for me, if how I go about that bothers my husband or someone else, that is a THEM problem, not a ME problem. If who I become in sobriety doesnā€™t suit someone, they donā€™t have to stick around. But I believe in sobriety Iā€™m going to find enough self love that I wonā€™t have a problem with that!

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. I think Iā€™ve seen the thread before. Iā€™ve posted to it. Iā€™ll make sure to start doing it daily. One day ata time :pray:t2:

1 Like