I'm back again after deleting this app šŸ˜”

You are 100% right. Iā€™m reading my journals now and they are crazy. I forget the feeling once i havenā€™t messed up in a while. I need to read them more often. Thank you. :pray:t2:

4 Likes

This is such helpful advice. It helped me a lot to keep a list on my phone of why I am not drinking anymore. And when I would think, oh just one, I would force myself to read my listā€¦it helped so much.

Hope you are doing well @Binx and @Roxy6

If interested, here is some of my listā€¦those who have been around awhile, feel free to ignoreā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I really needed to see this, and nodded my way through it all. Thank you for sharing your list Sassy :heart:

2 Likes

Glad it resonated. :people_hugging:

1 Like

It helped me a lot in early days and I hope it is a tool you can also use. Glad you are here @Binx. Keep fighting. :heart:

1 Like

I could really relate to a lot on your list Sassy, so Iā€™m sure I will come back to it again and again. Thank you for that, and Iā€™m glad to be back :heart::people_hugging:

2 Likes

I drank last night. I actually have been drinking again. I feel horrible. I needed to read this. I donā€™t want to feel like this anymore. I donā€™t know how to stop :cry:

2 Likes

The only way I know how to stop is not to keep alcohol in the house, to not have that first drink, to find ways to distract me in early days, weeks, monthsā€¦maybe meetings? Maybe coming on here more? Maybe long walks?

You are here and reaching out, that is good. You know you want to stop. Take it one second at a time and each second commit to not drinking. It isnā€™t easy, but it is and you are 100% worth it. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Hi Roxy! Iā€™m a newbie here, but Iā€™m glad you came back. I think a lot of us are familiar with tumbling off the wagon repeatedly. My hope is that you find the strength to get back up, dust yourself off and climb back on! :muscle:t3: You got this!!! If itā€™s any help, I wonā€™t drink with you today! :heart:

1 Like

Yes. I think i need to get on here more. The funny thing is i have bottles of tequila up in my pantry. I havenā€™t touched them. I went out last night and i drank beer. I donā€™t drink at home. Itā€™s the going out that gets me every time. Iā€™m going to make it a point to get on here every day.

1 Like

Yes. Letā€™s not drink today, tomorrow or the next day or ever again. I hate this feeling. I need to get on here every morning and read my journals. That helped before and i stopped.

As addicts the world talks down on us enough. I suggest not joining the bunch. We make mistakes. Itā€™s OK. We didnā€™t fail. We fell. The failure would be never making it back. So take it a day at a time. Sometimes 5 minutes at a time. Get to a meeting (I suggest in person). Be honest with yourself. Open minded to suggestions and willing to make a change. Welcome back! You can do it!

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m embarrassed to go to a meeting in person. My husband is the kind of person that would see it as a weakness. I have to do this on my own.

I canā€™t promise never again. Iā€™m just a human sack of flesh and bone with an addict brain that has let me down thousands of times. The minute I start looking at my sobriety as never again the monkey on my back gets too big and I give in. For me, itā€™s a fools errand. Before I know it, Iā€™m bouncing through the dust behind the wagon. I donā€™t tuck and roll, I crash hard and bounce. So I will commit to today. I even feel pretty good about tomorrow, but Iā€™ll check back in with you tomorrow morning about that!

I hope signing on in the mornings and reading your journals will help! Come on over to the checking in daily thread, itā€™s been helpful for me. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m new and on mobile so I canā€™t figure out how to link the thread here or I would. It usually stays pretty close to the top of the threads, so should be easy to find. Hereā€™s to a sober Sunday! :heart:

2 Likes

Ooofā€¦ thatā€™s tough! Iā€™m sorry you are feeling judgement from your husband. My husband wouldnā€™t do meetings, but luckily heā€™s supportive of me giving it a go! I couldnā€™t imagine trying to get sober if he shamed me for trying! I know Iā€™ve had to change my perspectiveā€¦ I need to get sober for me, if how I go about that bothers my husband or someone else, that is a THEM problem, not a ME problem. If who I become in sobriety doesnā€™t suit someone, they donā€™t have to stick around. But I believe in sobriety Iā€™m going to find enough self love that I wonā€™t have a problem with that!

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. I think Iā€™ve seen the thread before. Iā€™ve posted to it. Iā€™ll make sure to start doing it daily. One day ata time :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi and welcome back, Iā€™m new here too and relapsed last weekend, I know that horrible feeling, I got through nearly 2 weeks of no drink and drugs and ended up on a 2 day bender last Fri/Sat no sleep, this all happened because I got completely overwhelmed thinking there is no way I could keep this up for weeks, months, years, for ever, what will my life be like, my anxiety went through the roof and instead of going into ā€œthe check in daily threadā€ and talking about it I stopped checking in completely and ended up exactly where I started, I felt absolutely hellish on the Monday and the first thing I done was reset my sobriety tracker and checked in on the thread and let out how I felt and what had happened at the weekend and Iā€™ve not missed a day since and Iā€™m 1 week sober, but itā€™s been hard and Iā€™ll not say Iā€™ll not stumble again because were all human but itā€™s the picking yourself back up and dusting yourself off to face the fight again, what I learned most from what led to the weekendā€¦one day at a time, youā€™ve got this :heart:

3 Likes

Hi.

I suffer from alcoholism. It is my disease and I go to AA meetings and come here to get the medicine I need to treat my disease.

I also learned through trial and error that I could not treat my disease alone. I needed help.

I would suspect you would be welcomed and find support and understanding at an AA meeting very similar to the response you receive here.

Keep us posted on your progress.

2 Likes

Thank you. I cannot go to AA meetings. My husband is not supportive in that. He is a marine and thinks getting help is a weakness. He thinks i should just stop on my own. He doesnā€™t even know i have this app. So i will not be deleting this app again. That has been my problem. I start doing well and dont think i need the help anymore. But then i mess up again and i find myself right back here.

Do you do drugs only when you drink? I havenā€™t used cocain in years. Last night i drank to the point where when someone offered it to me, i did it. It was only 2 bumps but the fact that i even let myself do it, makes me feel like the worst person in the world. I hate myself right now.