I'm deleting the app

I’ve relapsed once again. I don’t think that the app is useful atm for me, I keep relapsing but I’m too ashamed to actually reset the counter so I think it’s best for me to delete it. I wish to everyone a good recovery

9 Likes

Good luck, we will be here if you decide to come back :grinning:

6 Likes

Hey @Zenda don’t be ashamed of anything!!! You’re just a human being like all of us struggling on a daily basis. Nothing more nothing less my friend. At least with us you have a bunch of people who care and you can reach out to. Just sayin :sunglasses::metal:t2:

11 Likes

Hey there. Sorry to hear you’re struggling…we’ll be here if you decide to come back.

Just so you know…coming here and writing that you relapsed sounds like progress to me. Perhaps talking about it with people who understand it will help you understand your relapses better. Just a thought. Wish you well.

9 Likes

:dart::100: absolutely :sunglasses::metal:t2:

8 Likes

I don’t think I ever even set the timer for the first 6 months. Just come and read if you want! It’s not about the timer. Good luck to you!

5 Likes

I first came onto the App in 2017

I used to post drunk, try to chat up women and not take the advice

I didn’t get sober till 2019

BUT- this app was an integral part of my recovery as somebody was always there to reply or listen, peoples knowledge began to seep in slowly and make a difference

15 Likes

I’ve been trying to stay sober since 2013. Don’t be ashamed. Learned something new with each relapse. Wish you the best.

4 Likes

Hi Zenda my name is Mike. If you choose to leave that’s fine, but I hope you stick it out a little longer. I was relapsing chronicly after relapsing over a year, don’t let it get you down. Your strong and one day it will click

7 Likes

This app is like anything in life: you get out what you put in. I haven’t seen you interact much so maybe you should give that a go. It could be a game changer for you. What else have you lined up Recovery-wise to take care of your relapsing business? Cos it probably needs to be more and different stuff.

Some helpful links:

Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Good luck! Don’t leave, I wouldn’t advise it.

3 Likes

I hope you stick around. The app is here to assist you thru the process…to offer support when you are feeling down (like now), to help you feel less alone, to share our experiences with others, to share what works for us and what doesn’t. You aren’t alone in faltering, I certainly didn’t get sober when I first started working toward it.

4 Likes

That is not in your best interest- you are avoiding accountability.

1 Like

It’s ok to feel shame…its what makes us human, that we feel emotions. Every emotion is something we can learn from, learn about ourselves. It might be uncomfortable to sit in an emotion, but we can learn who we are.

For example, when I first came here I was ashamed of who I was. To be honest, after I drank…I was always ashamed of what I did. This last time, not really knowing what I was doing at the time…I sat in my shame and learned something about myself.

I learned I was an alcoholic, that I was unable to drink like a normal person…more importantly, I learned that I couldn’t stop the cycle I was in by myself.

That was 1570 days ago. Had I not allowed myself to feel shame, I wouldnt be here. Life is pretty good now.

Give yourself permission to feel emotions, it’s how we learn about ourselves.

8 Likes

Just don’t set the clock and be here for people, who cares about the time0

If You wont be honest with yourself, app and anything else wont help You.

I reset 9 times now , it’s ok it’s good to be honest with yourself.