New title: Checking in here when I need to vent or need advice

Yeah. He bugs me so frakka lakkin much. I literally cannot stand his class. I leave at least once per class, normally twice.

1 Like

You donā€™t NEED to cut, you want to cut because you know what youā€™ll get from it.

Take the hard road, there is no easy way to the top. This I know from lots of experience.

2 Likes

Hey, youā€™re not worthless. Youā€™ve got loads of skills, you do interesting things and youā€™re working hard to get something good going in future. I know youā€™ve also got a really great toolbox to use in times like this, I hope you found the right thing to get you through.

Itā€™s ok to need support, we all do! Good for you for reaching out.

1 Like

Youā€™re right. I didnā€™t do it. Still kinda wish I had, but also at the same time, I know itā€™s not good.

1 Like

Thank you. Im not good at seeing all that stuff, so thanks. Itā€™s been years of me getting yelled at for tiny things and walking on eggshells all the time, so I have this mindset of me being worthless and everyone else being better than me. Which, at times like rn, I know isnā€™t true. But itā€™s part of the depression and self hate thing.

1 Like

You donā€™t have to read this, fyi. Is long and boring. If you decide to read it, good luck, lol.
Also, Iā€™m working on losing weight in a healthy way. So like at least at first, Iā€™m gonna eat as much as I want, but only eat like whole foods and simple foods. Then after that, I can think about calories or whatever. But Iā€™m just trying to eat better food, which I think will make me feel better physically.
I just need to be really careful to actually eat.

I also need to cut myself some slack cause if I start to be like ā€œeh, I donā€™t want lettuce, I just wonā€™t eatā€, I need to let myself eat some junky food to make myself eat. So I need to learn to be more kind and understanding with myself.
Anyhoo, sorry for the rant, but I just really want this to work, and I have high hopes. And this is the first time Iā€™m not counting calories. So I think itā€™ll be less likely to make me not eat. Weā€™ll see. Iā€™mma try and keep posting on here. I just have to be super vigilant about eating issues.

1 Like

Yes to eating whole foods and :100: yes to being kinder to yourself!

The key to losing weight sustainably is to find food you like and will stick with. Not eating doesnā€™t work in the long run cos you just end up hungry and then bingeing (often on super unhealthy things) - thatā€™s what happens to me anyway! I feel better than I ever have now that I base my diet around fruit and veg, and doing more exercise - yoga and walking which are things that make me feel good. I eat junky food when I feel like it but overall I donā€™t feel like it, cos healthy food makes me feel better! Thatā€™s the most important thing about it, weight is a good guide to your general health but how you feel is far more important than how you look, donā€™t forget that!

1 Like

Lol yeahšŸ˜Š
Yeah, exactly. I have found that I love celery and carrots. Yeah, exactly. Plus, if you donā€™t eat, you donā€™t have enough energy to exercise or stay awake enough(at least for me). Oh cool! Thatā€™s basically how I wanna try to eat. Omg same! After eating junky food, Iā€™ve been feeling like heavy and they donā€™t energised me the way that real food does. ThanksšŸ˜Š. Yeah, feeling good and staying healthy is more important than being tiny.

Hey yā€™all. So I was reminded about self harm existing today cause of a girl in my support group having relapsed. And Iā€™m so proud of how long itā€™s been but at the same time, thereā€™s this like just need for it. Not like a need need, but like idk how to explain it. Itā€™s like I donā€™t feel right without it. And itā€™s really hard. It helped me so much, but I know itā€™s not a healthy coping skills, but still. I miss it. Itā€™s hard.

My favourite veg is tomatoes (or are they technically a fruit? :thinking:). You canā€™t beat a good tomato IMO, especially in Summer when theyā€™re in season, they can be so sweet.

Beans and pulses (lentils, chickpeas etc) are also really good for you. As are nuts. If youā€™re eating wheat based stuff wholemeal is definitely better. But sometimes a bit of crusty white bread and butter is good for the soul :blush:

1 Like

How long has it been? Hopefully it gets easier over time and you adjust to life without it as you find more ways of coping :blush:

Well the good thing is youā€™re not stuffing it down, you sharing it here, thatā€™s a healthy response. Iā€™m just wondering, how seriously do your parents take you when youā€™re expressing yourself in this way? Do you feel that they truly understand what it is youā€™re expressing? I would encourage you, and this will probably be uncomfortable but I feel it will be necessary in the long run for your well-being, to force them to sit down with you and paws and truly listen to you. And for you to emphasize, perhaps even dramatically, what their reactions to you expressing your needs are doing to you emotionally. I have found over the years my recovery that sometimes I think Iā€™m expressing myself and Iā€™m really just kind of going at it half-heartedly, cuz itā€™s uncomfortable quite frankly. But when I recognize the signs that I was going down some negative dark rabbit hole, thatā€™s when I would emphasize clearly and pointedly what it was I needed from whoever I was dealing with at the time. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m making sense to you but. I guess what Iā€™m saying is force them to sit down with no distractions and to be quiet while you honestly and as bravely as you can express what it is you need from them.

I love tomatoes, but they give me reflux. So I rarely eat them.
I donā€™t really like beans, but any time I use ground beef, I use at least 1/3 beans. I donā€™t eat bread or anything like that really. Also, Iā€™m gonna try some nuts cause I remember some taste like soap to me, but I donā€™t remember which.

Itā€™s been like 150 days. Itā€™s gotten easier but every now and then, itā€™s insanely hard. I have coping skills, but they canā€™t replace it completely. Itā€™s just not the same, u know?

Oh, I donā€™t tell them this. Iā€™ve been hospitalized before tho, so it has been an issue and they took it super seriously but just didnā€™t get it. They donā€™t get how it works or that they canā€™t just take my razors and expect it to stop. I do that in therapy every now and then. They always overreact, so I donā€™t tell them stuff. Like I still havenā€™t told them about the assault. Iā€™m gonna talk like that with them once I move out. That way, I can kind of control when and how we talk about it. I have some friends I reach out to and I make myself wait until I talk to at least one of them. That way I donā€™t end up doing anything bad.
Iā€™ve tried saying what I needed. They take offense to it. They take it as me being rude and saying they never do anything right, even when I acknowledge what theyā€™ve done thatā€™s helped. So they flip it around to making me feeling guilty rather than working together. Idk. It sucks. Only one more year after this one.

Yea well whatever works for you - I like all food tbh and I could talk about it endlessly (I wonā€™t) :joy: Although I donā€™t eat meat.

150 days is awesome! And I do kind of know what you mean - I think I have a similar thing with alcohol. Itā€™s not exactly the same but every now and then thereā€™s this urge and/or thoughts about how things are different and will always be there. It passes but itā€™s definitely there!

I really struggled with my parents when I lived with them. Appreciate the situatiom was different but now that Iā€™m older and I have some space from them itā€™s so much better. I do agree with @KeatsJ1964 that in an ideal world open and honest dialogue is usually the way forward but I know itā€™s not always the path I take! We can only do our best.

Sounds like thing are going ok with your friends t the moment?

Ur vegetarian? Moral reasons or you just donā€™t like meat anymore?
Yeah, exactly.
Yeah. Iā€™m hoping that with some space will bring a bit of respect and actual listening. I canā€™t have open dialogue. When I tell them things, they tend to overreact. Or just be insensitive. Hwen I told them I was bi, only a few weeks later my dad said itā€™s easier to say no to girls than guys as if I could only like a guy. If I told them I was assaulted, theyā€™d flip and never leave me alone with a guy friend again and start helicoptering. So I really need to wait.
I really only have one friend rn, but weā€™re tight. Iā€™m having trouble making new friends and I donā€™t really want to. But I think itā€™s at least partly cause of spencer. He was one of my very closest friends. Then he was a jerk and tried to make me do stuff. Whatever. But now itā€™s like being friends doesnā€™t mean they wonā€™t hurt me. And itā€™s just really hard.

I just feel really alone right now. I canā€™t row. I canā€™t be happy. I canā€™t have friends. I canā€™t be in youth group with my friends who Iā€™ve grown up with cause I believe in God.
Iā€™m just so alone and sad and anxious. Iā€™ve had a lot more anxiety about it recently and itā€™s been hard. I canā€™t walk in the dark without a weapon. I canā€™t watch a lot of movies. Plus, Iā€™m moody and I hate this.

I donā€™t eat meat to help limit my environmental impact. Try and limit my fish/dairy intake too, and pay attention to how itā€™s sourced. I donā€™t really miss it but will break ranks at Christmas though, we will have goose. It makes it easier if everyone eats the same thing. Plus itā€™s delicious :grin:

It sounds like your parents donā€™t understand how to handle what youā€™re going through! Time and space are often the answer.

Anyone who takes advantage does not deserve you and well done for exercising the control you have to break of from that ā€˜friendshipā€™ :+1:

One tight friend is so valuable, but sorry to hear youā€™re feeling lonely at the moment. Why canā€™t you row or be in the youth group? Do read much? That can be a great way to kill time and it can be quite relaxing.

1 Like

Lol cool.
Yeah, exactly.
Yeah, itā€™s true. But the whole no self esteem thing makes it hard to know that.
My back is messed up and the youth group it turns out, is all about a religion that Iā€™m not a part of. I might stay cAuse I like the people, butā€¦ Well see