Individuals creating multiple profiles on this app

Oh my god, me too! Think I need to watch this movie today. Been far too long. :smiley:

3 Likes

Highlander_film_Connor_MacLeod

5 Likes

Only one for me. Sounds super shady and sad though. Online life is weird.

1 Like

I have often wondered if everyone here is legit. I mean the trolls are obvious to spot but what about someone who might be faking an addiction for sympathy? I mean, people do it on line all the time with fake cancer.

Now I’m not saying that anyone has made me feel this way…I’ve just wondered if we could ever know for sure.

So, if there is someone who posts something and then replies to themselves as someone different…maybe…

But then I wonder, who has the time to come up with something like that. So I’d like to think that everyone here is on the up and up.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone will actually cop to having multiple profiles? It’s like wearing a disguise to an AA meeting.

1 Like

I am really creeped out right now.
Kind of makes me think twice about being candid

2 Likes

I have 2. My main one is my alter-ego. An everyday reporter that always seems to get the scoop on strange things going on in the city. I have a thing for this red head co worker name Lois.

Annnnd my second account is A secret. It’s pretty
"Super" :wink::laughing:

7 Likes

Pretty easy to find out. Can’t hide the ip address. That’s how banned users get caught tying to sneak back in.

3 Likes

I’m glad you guys know how to do that. I’m not all that tech savvy. I didn’t even know there was a way to log out of this app until I saw this post lol

Is this something we as users can do or just Robin? But I’m pretty sure Robin is on top of it. Just like you said, banned users can’t create a new name and get in because he sees the IP address.

1 Like

Or they can…but they get caught pretty quick. :slight_smile:

Just the mods. Users can’t as its privileged info.

1 Like

Giveth unto me the power of the mods!

That’s what I thought.

I can comment on why some people have changed their names on here.
I was here since August '16 and my original name was Restlesssoul. I never had any intention on changing it however there was a huge ordeal about privacy plus alot of ridiculous drama and long story short a lot of people started deleting their posts. I started to delete some and then I realized what I had posted could help someone so I should leave it and instead change my username.
Which btw you have to ask robin to change it if that’s what you want to do. It’s not meant to be this big secret and there aren’t any crazy motives. I don’t know why people having different profiles is a problem though. I have the same profile just a different name and it’s still attached to all of my previous posts.

1 Like

I am but a mere mortal with no modly powers.

So basically you only have one account, but just changed names? I think that’s a little (a lot) different than creating creepy secondary profiles

1 Like

Yes. I didn’t know if that’s what he meant so that’s why I’m saying that.

Let’s stage a sit in demanding ultimate power! @Robin we demand recompense!

:wink:

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

1 Like