Individuals creating multiple profiles on this app

Good to know I wasn’t the only one baffled by what they posted. I had a rough time following it. Not that I’m anywhere close to being stable, but, yeah…

:joy:, true

I’m trying to not use the new name here as an inappropriate response.

As long as you have the proper perspective :roll_eyes:

Don’t worry. I feel left out too lol

1 Like

I feel like 2 ppl 2day, but just one acct, and damn am I glad to be on it right now…almost fell off the wagon 2day :worried:

1 Like

@C-sun lmao…thatll get her for sure

Well this got all fucked up while I was listening to podcasts and playing Mahjong! I couldn’t remember who had said they changed their names before but now that @ProfessorOak and @NewPerspective said it here I remember then being two of them. Totally legit in my book. I know I saw one or two others in the past few months do the same thing as well. I totally understand people needing to change things up when they get all wonky. Y’all are stuck with my bullshit FOREVER! I don’t give a shit who can see MY stuff on this app. Haha, like stated above by someone else I was publicly a drunken asshole for years so whatever. On the flip side I get why some people want to protect their anonymity as well. Whatever helps us all stay sober, right?

Haha, and if anyone is catfishing on here you got bigger problems than anybody I’ve ever heard of.

6 Likes

Gotta watch out for those Orcas. Sneaky bastids all of them.

2 Likes

Regarding multiple accounts:
These are, with some exceptions, against the rules. People who make fake second accounts are usually dishonest or trolling – and that’s not something we want a part of our community.

Regarding the forum being open:
All this means is that people don’t have to register to be able to browse and read the topics. Even if the forum did require registration, it really isn’t a lot of effort to go through. Unless we block registrations completely, but in that scenario no one would be on the forum in the first place. Keep in mind that this forum isn’t being broadcast to some public space. People have to find it themselves. I detailed it a while ago here: Content Guidelines, but the conclusion is this:

There’s a 0.0000000001% chance that someone you know will find you on here
and a 0% chance if you are careful with what you post.

10 Likes

I agree - double fuckery bollocks I’d say.

I got lost right around when x started posting with that gibberish

Much like in an AA group I’m going to side with the old timers here.

2 Likes

Gave me an occular migraine.

I just stumbled up on this topic. I have one account and would not change my name. We have frequent internet problems here, so at any given time me and my two neighbors could be using two routers hence the same ip numbers. My neighbor joined a few months back. Not sure if she was using her phone or the two ips that three apartments share. Also, I think about the couples who would want to quit together, they would have to use the same ip.

If a person creates multiple accounts, I think they might be ashamed to admit to certain things on their main account. They create another one to admit to relapses, mistakes etc.

I lnow this sounds like Iam justifying multiple accounts but there is only one LuluJo.

Now there are about 20,000 registered users and routinely around 250 to 300 active users a day.