Interesting article for anyone skeptical of AA

If it works go for it man, hopefully there is another way that doesn’t leave ur junk so sticky, that’s a lot of clean up if u gotta do it on the reg…also if thats the case i hope Shay likes cake :grin:

IMO AND E, these conversations are so focused on not drinking and drugging that they miss the real benefit that AA (and other programs like it) give us – the opportunity to do the work (Self examination and reflection) and get to some of the root causes of our behaviors. For me, not drinking, is a milestone, not the goal. While the goal may be ultimately becoming a good human that makes a valuable contribution to society, it is the journey to get there and being will all yall who are doing the same thing that is ultimately the reward.

5 Likes

AA is like any other group formed on this planet, there are certain personality types that will love it, certain types that will hate it, and certain types that will be scared of it. I was never going to do AA, but once I put my ego in check I went. And it helped. To each their own. I could never do SMART, I could debate why it isnt good…but in truth I am only debating why It is not good for me. I value the Christian base part of it, so that is one of the reasons AA speaks to me.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. We need to keep our eyes on the bigger prize which is peace and serenity. I am just back from my meeting and it was just what I needed. Starting to feel my sanity coming back, I could actually feel the comfort en route to the meeting.

6 Likes

Reading the big book I have picked up a lot on the humility, grace, and stewardship of AA. I think the humility and grace is something drunk scott was lacking. We all find our own path.

3 Likes

We sure do. Glad you are with us.

2 Likes

The amount of respect I saw for each other at the first meeting, is truly what kept me going back…

2 Likes

I have just had a profound new perspective on things after my meeting. With this angry shit I may as well be drunk, it’s just as shit. We have to convert that anger to concern and use it’s forces to help the person we are angry at. We are angry at them because we love them and we must pray or send different energy their way. I chose to send wisdom and love in place of my anger.

9 Likes

It was quite an insane feeling. I mean insane in a positive expression form.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, when was your last meeting before today?? I get loopy after a week😉

2 Likes

About 4 weeks ago and about 3 weeks in between before that, before that was at least once weekly. Work and personal travel was really busy, balance is readjusting and fast.

And thank you to those of you who thought of me or prayed for me. It is appreciated.

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t3: it’s all good, doesn’t bother me one bit. I’ve had multiple people send me private messages letting me know that they were happy I said something because they felt too uncomfortable to do so. At the end of the day, do what’s going to benefit you (we’re all in the same fight) and I’m going to leave it at that :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Yes, I agree. Most days I feel very discouraged to post any type of success I’ve had with my program. But, the days that I do mention it, I ALWAYS get people sending me messages saying they thought they were alone and they want to know more. So, I guess the days I feel like mentioning something I will, otherwise I’ll just keep to myself and work on my own shit haha

4 Likes

I would love to hear about your program. I feel like there are a lot of assumptions going on here.

6 Likes

You suck :yum:

2 Likes

LOL, you too?

3 Likes

Big book page 68

“We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness. Paradoxically it is the way of strength. All men of faith have courage. They trust their God. Instead we let Him demonstrate, through us what He can do. We ask him to remove our fear and direct our attention to What he would have us be. At once, we commence to outgrow fear”

3 Likes

And non-GMO…

1 Like

Lol damn…way to outdo me :joy::joy::poop::poop:

1 Like