Introduce Yourself

Congrats on your decision to do something about your problem !! Don’t dwell on the past just look to the future it will be so much better with a clear head !!! Don’t be afraid to reach out if you need help you are not alone!!!

My mom was a gambler and she was good at it to a point, she had games on for 3 days 24hr non stop ( rotating players). Her gambling cost or family 3 house that she lost and caused lot of problem in between my father and her. At the end of her life she said the majority of people are never ahead of the game unless your in the 1 percent thats making a killing or the 8 present making a living and the rest are losers. I hope nothing but the best recovery.:star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you for your messages, I appreciate it very much!

Awesome to hear that u have made your choice about your gambling. Keep up the good Spirit:) Stay focused and open and positively minded . Day by day , step by step . Wish u the best too :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

My name is Kaitlynn. I’m 21 years old, this is my second sober day and ive been battling my addiction for about 4 years now and have just made the decision to stop. It sounds kinda silly to say that I’m 21 and am already an alcoholic… But here I am. Iv burned so many bridges in my life, and walked over so many people who just wanted to have my back. Lost so much that I can never get back. For most of the 4 years ive been battling this I drank from the time I got up to when I passed out. Ive had better days and shitty days but its always been way too much for me. Ive tried to quit before but always found a reason to fall back. Ive been through my fair share of shitty things and as much as id like to blame it all on them I cant anymore. Its so much easier to find reason to fall apart. But I dont want to fall apart anymore. And truth is, as much as my family and friends want to be there for me, they just cant really. So when I found this app that actually had a community I thought this could really help. Ive never even so much as went to a meeting or anything because I’m so anxious about it. Anyways, there’s kinda my story I guess… The second day is always better than the first my friends.

5 Likes

Hi I’m Davey, am 21 days after several times trying to kick a coke problem which progressed from weekends to all day everyday , spending every Penny I’d saved and everything I was earning , which was quite alot of money til there was nothing left , after 2 years of doing this everyday Iv had enough Iv nothing left I lost pretty much everything , relationships, friends ,except my parents who believe in me , Iv found this app to be very motivating and every chance I get I’m on it , thanks everyone , there’s always more but that’s enough for now

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your support. It means a ton. Not everyday is easy but I have to remember that these days will come and go👌 and I have every intention of putting this app to full use😊

2 Likes

This is my alternate like!

Thanks, Davey!

Hi my name is Warren. I live in Johannesburg South Africa. 45 years old . Suffer with coke alcohol and heroin abuse for most of my life. Been in and out of recovery for the last 15 years. As soon as I think I have a hold on my problem I seem to just mess up. I find as I get older recovery gets harder and mentally and physically my body is starting to give up. I am back at it again. Day number 4 . This time I have no choice but to put everything I have behind it. As they say one day at a time. I just know I keep doing what I been. Doing there. Will not be another day for me. They say sobriety has its rewards. Trust me they have been amazing. Why I keep fucken it up is beyond me. It’s like when things get to good. Let’s destroy it. Thanks for letting me share and thanks for this forum. Looking forward to the road ahead

4 Likes

Making that decision to stop is the first step now you have to dig deep inside your self and stay with that decision!! You can do it!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. And the road is definitely passable. It’s a simple road, really, even if it is not always easy.

1 Like

Truth that. 7 days today. One day at a time.

3 Likes

Yes, :fist:t3::fist:t3: ODAAT :fist:t3::fist:t3:.

1 Like

omg I’ve taken half an hour to write this first line… Im not sure where to start or what to write . This is my first forum -ever- and im a bit nervous to put it all out there I guess.
Im inspired by all of these amazing stories and people though… I probs should have looked into forums years ago.
I have been using speed and meth for more than half of my life , im 44. ( Oh my god did I just admit that to myself and everyone… Not my age but how long I’ve been using )
I grew up with a pot head dad and a mum doped up on pharmaceuticals. My brother is in the same boat as me also.
I started smoking dope when I was 16 or 17 and have only stopped here and there a few times.
I have always thought of myself as a functioning user, I’ve always worked and have managed to keep my meth addiction from my 16 year old son and most others , I’ve never been proud about it , more embarrassed. Sometimes I will get off it for months at a time , sometimes I will use only once a week or less and others its most days. Because I’ve managed to not hit rock bottom and have kind of kept it together on the outside ive always made excuses for my habit.
Im just so over it at the moment . I’ve started using needles again , first time in 10 years , and have come to the realisation that I don’t really know the adult I would of been without drugs. I know nothing else. I should have so much more financial security than I do and im pretty isolated from society apart from my work.
Today is day two lulz… But im feeling strong. Hopefully this forum will give me enough support to actually be honest to myself and get the support I need. I owe it to my beautiful boy :disappointed:

7 Likes

Good luck sister… I wish I was as insightful as you are at 21!!! You can do it , believe me it’s soul destroying to reach twice your age now and realise how much you have lost over the years to addiction. You’re inspiring!

2 Likes

Welcome to all the latest members :slight_smile: im very happy that you and all others found this app. Im very moved by your stories. Im glad u making a descission regarding to turn your Lifes around . Addiction has no age. My advice is find a good homegroup and a sponsor. Atleast give the homegroup a chance.i found mine almost 3 years ago, also have a very dedicated sponsor .Because of that and my forgiving/ loving family and yes of course this forum i have found my reason to live again. Thank u all and keep comming back because it Works .Willingness is the Key . Step by step, MINUTE BY MINUTE , DAY BY DAY

2 Likes

Hey. I’m Alex. I tried going sober. Made it a week. I’m starting over. Something about this try seems better already. I know it’ll be a long road but i know the outcome will be better than what I’m living right now. I have an addictive personality by nature. Usually one thing leads to the next. And the next. And i just can’t stop. Kinda like pringles. But I’m taking this one moment at a time. Step by step. I’m glad i can write some of this out and get it out there. We’re all in this together i guess

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thank you , keep it up and be positive , how are u holding up ?

1 Like