It's been awhile

Starting over. Old timer here but haven’t been on in a very long time.
Day 1. I’m not sure what it’s like on here anymore but I need to catch myself before I ruin the good things in my life by relapsing.

44 Likes

Hi and welcome back! Glad to have you here.

I am sure it will feel the same but different. Different faces, lots more of them (it is busy) but same issues and familiar conversations/ subjects. Lots of older threads with names you might recognise are still linked to often.

Here’s an overview that might be helpful to you -

3 Likes

Welcome back and sorry about the relapse. Glad you are working on being a healthier you. :hugs:

5 Likes

Sorry about your relapse, glad you found your way back here. I think there are a few from the class of ‘16 still hanging around. Still lots of great support. Welcome back :hugs:

5 Likes

Wow I can’t believe it was '16
Thats crazy.
Hopefully I can stay on here and stay accountable. :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you for the support… I have 2 more kids now, so alot more to lose this time. I thought this might help coming on here before I hit rock bottom.

3 Likes

Good choice coming back!!

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m just going to read read read. I think I’ve lost my sense of self. I don’t go out in nature, don’t read, I don’t do much self care right now and I think thats why I relapsed.

6 Likes

Those are all positive steps and I agree, they are really helpful for me as well. Protecting my mental health with nature, walking, etc is so important!

2 Likes

Totally. It brings a sense of peace…
I got out with my oldest today and enjoyed a nice walk.much needed.

2 Likes

Im glad I could help you back then :).
I wasn’t sure I’d hear from you either it’s been so long.

How are you doing?I can’t believe it was 2016 when I joined this app and met you guys and we here are in 2021…time really flies.

I’ve been reading up on the forums today mainly the ones who keep it real when they say not to kid yourself, or try rationalize your drinking and I really needed that reminder.

5 Likes

Im SO PROUD OF YOU for remaining sober… that’s a HUGE accomplishment, it’s not easy.

Oh definitely alot changed for me too. I spent a good amount of time sober for awhile, I had my daughter and then twin daughters, I owned a business again , moved and now here we are in a pandemic.I think I let the stress be my excuse, but really there is no excuse.

This is the first time I’ve drank since before I had my twins and already feeling huge amounts of dread and shame.
I’m going to come on as often as I’m able to. Clearly I need it.

3 Likes

Welcome back! I know it sucks coming back with your tail between your legs but it’s definitely the right choice.

There’s still a few old timers around, a lot more from 17 and 18 than 16, but about a million newer folks as well. Lol

Keep your head up. You were incredibly welcoming when I showed up near the end of 2017 and that means you have a special place in my heart. :heart:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, changed my name between then and now. Used to be Modestakieran.

2 Likes

I am with @dalex77 on this…don’t ever give up or stop trying and yes, it took me years as well. Lots of relapses and steps backward. I like to think of that time (as incredibly painful and demoralizing as it was), as when I was building my sober toolbox (what worked and didn’t for me) and also building my sober muscles (gaining strength in sobriety). Just my experience of course. :heart:

2 Likes

You are so sweet​:purple_heart:trying to celebrate back on here as often as I can throughout the day today was my daughter birthday though so I’ve been extra busy. Still hopped on to read some however briefly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How have you been?

1 Like

How do you like Florida?I’ve never been there.
It really has its been tough and I really miss regular life, I hate feeling so confined, sometimes I just go out driving just so I’m not stuck inside. Usually just to get coffee or something with my 3 year old but at least we aren’t stircrazy lol
What do you do to stay sane?

2 Likes

I definitely need to work on my toolbox, seems like I just left it to get rusty and I cant really remember what I had in it. I need to take a hard look at my tools again.Thank you.

1 Like

Sobriety wise, still going. Over 3 years and 7 months. Life wise, well, struggling just like everyone. Depression is massive, anxiety through the roof, having the first serious cravings and romanticizing I’ve had in a long time. Covid has worn me down, but I’m still fighting tooth and nail.

I’m glad you commented on the tool box, I feel like I need to dust mine off this morning and start digging into it again. So thanks for the reminder.

3 Likes