Julia's accountability thread

Day 2. I could manage to get to sleep again. It is so much easier to get up in the morning not feeling intoxicated from the previous night. Grateful for being sober today. Thanks @JazzyS for always talking to me. Lots of love to you

1 Like

When I am troubled by thoughts in the night, I use the Serenity Prayer as a mantra to ease my mind and get back to sleep. I can match up the words to my breath and focus, which puts me radically in the moment. And in the moment, everything is alright.

3 Likes

Thank you. This is a great advice :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Hey you should be so proud of yourself for recovery being so important in your life I to am in early recovery and I know all about those sleepless night.you know the answer minute by minute hour by hour.but once I got those thoughts in my head the whole night my mind was consumed with thoughts of using.i feel for U and wish U the best of luck.but this accountability thread is such a good idea.thats how I feel about the meetings there’s accountability in going every week seeing the same people in the every week and not wanting to stop going and having everyone U know wonder where U r.congratulations on surrending

3 Likes

Glad you got some rest :smiling_face:. Of course I’m here with you - that’s what friends do.
Keep pushing forward love…day 2 is amazing!! :muscle:

1 Like

Welcome to the community John. Great place to meet like minded sober companions.

Check out the Checking in daily to maintain focus #61 thread. This helps me with staying accountable and the Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5 thread helps me stay positive.
Hope to see you around.

1 Like

How’s it going Julia?

1 Like

Hello my dear friend. I drank on Monday so yesterday morning I put my counter to 0 again. I have one day now on my second day today again. Thank you for checking up on me. How are you?

2 Likes

Well done love on getting yourself right back on track.
Write down the reasons you want to quit and have that paper handy for when your mind tries to convince you to drink. Remember that this site is active day and night so reach out if you need support :smiling_face:. Great work Julia on your day 2! Sending you lots of strength and love my friend. I know the beginning is difficult…it does get easier.
I am doing well. Thank you for asking. I do love this time of year but could do without the bitter cold lol. Greatful that in a few days we will start adding daylight to our days :smiling_face:

Much love dear friend :people_hugging:. Have a wonderful day :heart:

1 Like

Hey beautiful…hope you are doing well and surviving this holiday season. Sending you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Happy New year to you my dear friend and happy new year to all of you sober friends :heart: ending day 1 of the first day of this year 2024 sober. Early bed and relaxing me time tonight.

1 Like

Happy New Year love!

Amazing way to start off 2024 - way to go on day 1 :muscle:

Keep the momentum going — we got your back here!

1 Like

Good morning everyone :two_hearts: starting into day 2 of my sobriety. Staying sober for the next 24 hours is my goal of the day

3 Likes

This is the best way to attack sobriety :people_hugging:… keep working with your tools and remember that you are not alone.

1 Like

Day 2 done now starting day 3. Hope you all have a wonderful day and oh yes I am planning to stay sober for the next 24 hours. That’s all we got!!!

2 Likes

That’s all we can do…you are stronger than this addiction…let’s keep pushing through together :people_hugging:

Good morning :sunrise_over_mountains: day 4 in the bags. Starting day 5. Had a great rest and beautiful sleep. Now with lots of energy into this day. Have a great one you all :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Hello day 5! Happy Friday Julia
Hope you are having a fantastic day so far :smiling_face::people_hugging:

1 Like

Checking in on 6 days today. Really really working hard on myself. Writing my journal. My gratitude list. Attending meeting. Listening and reading sober things surrounding myself with sobriety all together. Ordered a knitting set to relearn knitting. Making sober plans for the weekend. Feeling very grateful today :pray:t5::heart:

3 Likes

Girl I LOVE it all! you are amazing friend - grateful to see you working on yourself and stacking up the days.
I have found YouTube to be a great help in learning knitting - excited to see what you will create.

Keep that amazing momentum going Julia :heart: :hugs:

1 Like