Lisa's 2 Year Soberversary

Wowzer! What a difference 731 clean and sober days can make in one’s life.

Here’s a little about my story:

I had severe back issues where doctors were giving me pain medication like it was candy. After surgery, their plan was to wean me off but the addict in me wasn’t accepting that, so I turned to the streets. It was all downhill from there.

Not only was I hooked on pain pills, I was coming home from work and doing coke in the evenings to give me energy to get all my motherly duties done.
Then I had to drink a lot to come down, so I could get a few hours of sleep before doing it all over again the next day. All the while I was stuck in a job I hated because I couldn’t pass a drug test to get another, and needed the money to support my habbit.

I always said I would never be that person to drink at work until that day finally came. I went out at lunch, drank a bottle of vodka and crashed into a pole on my way back to the office. There I was, in handcuffs being hauled off to jail. This was my rock bottom.

I had to surrender and seek out help immediately. Having a disabled daughter who depends on me, I couldn’t leave her for inpatient rehab. I did the next best thing and went to outpatient detox, followed by IOP and transitioned into AA.

Within the first month of sobriety, I was so excited to be able to pass a drug test that I sought out a new career. At my age, this is no easy feat. Having a clear mind and determination, it only took 2 weeks. (I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when my new employer didn’t drug test me.) I went on to get the state license needed to accel in this new career. Now I’m soaring in my new role.

Most of you know that my hubby is also an alcoholic and addict which complicated my sobriety. Thankfully, he’s now committed to AA, working on his 90 meetings in 90 days (few more to go) and loving sobriety. Life can only get better from here.

I’m celebrating 2 years only because I was willing to let go of my ego and take direction. I never want to return to that vicious cycle of hell that I once called life.

Thank you all for taking this journey with me. I couldn’t have done it without all the love and support I’ve gotten from each and everyone of you. :heart:

75 Likes

Lisa, you’re an absolute star. Great work, and glad to know you!

2 Likes

I received this beautiful AA bookmark from one of my lovely friends here on TS. It showed up 2 weeks ago and I didn’t dare open it until this morning and I love it! Thank you CC! Love you! :heart:

24 Likes

This is so rad.
I really appreciate you here and couldn’t be happier at the successes your sober journey has delivered not only to you, but to your family, career, and us here in TS.

CONGRATULATIONS!

giphy (27)

2 Likes

It’s lovely to share my milestone day with yours Lisa! Thank you for your kind words on my tread, much appreciated.
2 years is such a long time and happy to read your husband is in recovery as well. He has a great example!

8 Likes

Massive congratulations! You have had (and still have) many challenges, but you meet them head on! Your shares have inspired me, and I am sure, others. The bookmark is lovely too!

4 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are crushin’ it Lisa. So proud of you!

:tada: :tada:

2 Likes

So awesome! Im so proud of you, Lisa, but even happier that I got to know you! Much love my sista!
07ac27de68c8d4ac64bc1dfe1cf76bb4fb662e778f667e1361fa6a99afd3e77a.0

4 Likes

Congratulations on 731 days sober and thank you for sharing this! :tada:

4 Likes

That’s awesome, I’m proud of you

2 Likes

This is wonderful! :heart::heart::heart: Congratulations :partying_face: :rose:

2 Likes

Your story is incredible and inspiring. Congratulations to you :clap::raised_hands::heartpulse:

4 Likes

Can’t tell you how many times your words have helped me, and how much your story inspires me. I am so glad for all the good things happening your life! You’ve earned every one of 'em. And when life isn’t going so well, you’re always there to remind this isn’t easy but worth it.
Huge congrats! :orange_heart:

7 Likes

I’m so fucking excited for you Lisa. This is like Christmas for me. I know it’s your day. But I’ve never been so excited on here for someone to get to their 2 year soberversary. You, my dear friend are such the warrior. I’ve been watching you slay so many countless dragons on your journey. You are more than an inspiration to me. It’s like when your mentor reaches a new level. You’ve been her for me since my beginning and I want to thank you for all you’ve done for me.

I hope you can find time for yourself today to indulge and just take care of Lisa. And spoil her rotten.
Love you.
And now cake!!

6 Likes

Wow @Lisa07 big congratulations and an even bigger thank you for being such an active and inspiring sober hero on here! It’s been wonderful following your journey! All the best!

3 Likes

I’m crying… I feel like Eric does.
I guess it’s because you were just hitting triple digits when I joined the forum so I have been lucky enough to witness your recovery. Each part you mentioned I remember…

In case you hadnt noticed I am really excited that you are celebrating 2 years of fricken freedom!!! So happy to be walking beside you.
Love you lots. :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations! You have been a tremendous inspiration!

1 Like

I’m so proud of you Lisa and so grateful to have you on this journey. Keep inspiring and keep on ODAAT

2 Likes

My amazing friend! You rock! Thank you so much for sharing of yourself with us and for being such a valuable presence here. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Wowza, that’s some serious cash you have saved!!! What a marvelous share and huge Congratulations on your 2 years!! You are so impressive and have so much to be proud of!!! So very happy for you Lisa!! Great work!!! :heart::heart:

4 Likes