Liver disease

I was also happy to see lolo’s encouraging news!

Im at 18 days sober and grateful for my 9 yr old golden rtver that im hanging with tonight. Not sure about tomorrow…but feel better about life tonight. Kind of a rollercoaster with depression…but ive been drinking 3 yrs again…so no drinking will help with my depression…thats what i keep telling myself😀 life sure aint easy…i thought id have it all figured out by now.

5 Likes

Hi Mark, happy you’re here and glad you have mans best friend by your side. Hang in there, we have all been in your shoes at some point. Continue to live in the moment and focus on staying sober just for today. We’ll worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes :pray:t3: be well

4 Likes

Welcome to the sober community and thank you for your post about the negative impact of alcohol on your health. I can relate as I have previously used alcohol to the point where I seriously jeopardized my health, then I would stop for a while, think I am ‘ok’, before plunging back into the harmful behavior again. It was a vicious cycle until I got very honest with myself that I could not take the first drink. I am 400 days sober today and I am grateful for it. So many things have happened - really good things like getting married to the love of my life and doing it completely sober! Nothing beats a clear head, clear conscious, and vastly improved physical and mental health! Keep going, it is so worth it!
@Lolo4shodoe

10 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

G’day from sunny New Zealand!! A tough diagnosis but great to hear you’re re-focused on your health and sobriety. One thing I have learnt which has really helped me the past 2 months is not to be embarrased of my alcoholism. There was a lot of shame and guilt, but I now feel genuine empowerment that I no longer drink and pride that I’m working hard to maintain it. Everybody’s journey is different, I understand that, but take real pride in the steps your taking…the fact we’ve done this to ourselves doesn’t condemn us. Kia kaha (“stay strong”) :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thank you! Sorry, had a busy day and wasn’t able to check TS until now but I’m glad things are going well…keep it up :muscle:

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Congratulations :pray:t3:

1 Like

Gotta love our fur babies :dog::heart:

2 Likes

New Zealand! That’s so dope! Lol thank you for your words :pray:t3:

1 Like

Keep Cup o Soups, Hot Chocolate any low calory hot drinks on hand. This worked for me.

Good wishes.

1 Like

Hi, Angie here and I’m 46 days sober after being on brink of cirrhosis per my GI Dr.

I don’t know if you do TikToc (controversial) but that’s what I use for inspiration. I found this one that I enjoy listening to. He shows pics of him in hospital in final stages of liver failure with jaundice from cirrhosis and now he’s fully recovered and educates others. I found his podcasts as well by googling. Its’s “Beyond Sober”. Another I follow I absolutely love listening to his stories about being sober and how to cope it’s @pattersonperspective. I am praying for you and totally stalking you (not really) as I can’t wait to hear how you’re doing and anxiously waiting for you to get through to the other side!! It’s so worth it, I promise!

6 Likes

Thank you! I don’t tik tok I’m not hip :rofl: congrats on your days! :pray:t3:

2 Likes

No problem you can still Google both of their podcasts and stories. Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

Welcome! I was 21 when my father passed away from cirrhosis. He was only 38. I graduated basic training, went to my first duty station and followed right in his foot steps. Was drinking an entire bottle every night for over ten years. Only break was deployments. When I finally decided to get help I was diagnosed with fatty liver and cirrhosis. I can’t remember my exact numbers but it was close. I ate health, smoothies that were absolutely disgusting for about a year, and very lean and clean. Took my meds and followed every doctors direction and my enzymes are all back within normal. It’s been about a year and a half since then. I still have scarring in my liver clearly. Still have some fatty liver and I notice some things don’t digest as well or quickly anymore. But I’ve been able to lead a pretty normal lifestyle after the dieting and everything. I still eat very clean but am on two medications. And one a multivitamin. So best of luck to you. And listen to the docs! Mine said one more drink and I’d be dead and I took him seriously!

9 Likes

Thank you for your story. My dad was 38 as well when he passed. So for it has been a week and even though I’ve been tempted I feel better and happier the next day every time I said no. Looking forward to another week. :heart:

9 Likes

Really like that attitude. Best thing is, you just keep feeling better mentally and physically the longer you go. Keep at it and if you ever need anything feel free to reach out! Take care!

7 Likes

Haha…yeah, addiction is pretty global eh!! Hope you and your man are fighting on?? :grinning:

1 Like

Who would have thought?! :rofl::rofl:

How do you get a diagnosis? What exactly happens during the testing? I think my husband and I need this. Been drinking for 15 years. I’m up to 2-3 bottles of champagne most days. Husband maybe 20 shots or more of whiskey every single day. This is serious. His enzymes are elevated, mine are not but now I’m reading that may not matter.

@Lolo4shodoe I think reading back here may help you with your relapse :people_hugging: I really hope you decide to give living a good chance and that drinking is not going to help you in anyway and one is all it takes to take that from you :purple_heart:
Your life is worth fighting for, you are worth fighting for, but it’s only you who can fight for it.
:people_hugging:

4 Likes