Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

6 Likes

7 Likes

I had to call out of work today and have been feeling ashamed. Thank you for this reminder.

1 Like

9 Likes

9 Likes

I know this isn’t what your post is about, but I was reading an article on manifesting earlier. Apparently it has become big business :heavy_dollar_sign: but can also end up with people blaming themselves when they are struggling. I remember feeling like that with CBT at some points too.

Positive thinking and putting work towards achieving goals is great but I really like the fact what you’ve posted also emphasises not being broken if optimism is hard.

Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes things are just shit and it’s not our fault. Sometimes a positive attitude is not possible or even helpful. And that’s OK!

2 Likes

I’ve recently been looking into ferritin (iron) and b12 too. Not had my vit D checked but know that also supports those things.

Cross posting this here too in case it’s useful to anyone…

It is about iron but a lot of the same stuff is true for b12 and vit d too I believe.

I am just prepping for a doctors appointment going back for a second opinion on my B12 and hopefully getting the right treatment this time🤞

Have found some really great groups on Facebook with lots of support and info and learned so much.

I’m just so mad at the idea that I’ve been iron deficient for at least the last 10 years and no one told me. Maybe I could have avoided some of that pain and distress.

Saying that, I am grateful in some ways for having had the experience of going to those dark places. Has helped me to reevaluate some things and appreciate the light so much more.

1 Like

9 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

Reading this book now. It’s a great read. :heart:

1 Like

6 Likes

9 Likes

Your posts are spot on. Thank you. :pray:

1 Like

11 Likes

I needed to hear this and I’m sure someone else did as well :black_heart::black_heart:

11 Likes

6 Likes

I’m just reading this now…a little late. But I’m totally trearing up reading it. I don’t know why. I guess because all of this is such an emotional journey and I’m so glad there is hope in the end. I look forward to being who I hope to be. Thanks for sharing❤️

1 Like

You’ll get there. :sparkles:. Keep walking forward. You’ll get there. :pray::palms_up_together:

1 Like

I’m learning Scots Gaelic and it’s the same principle

11 Likes